Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

CS:GO "Disk Write Error"

As some of you may now I have recently gotten my new PC! Which so far it has turned out to be super awesome! It's been running everything perfect with no lag or anything! There is one problem that I can't seem to figure out that I have no idea if It's my computer or what...

Yesterday I tried to download CS:GO and you know it downloaded perfectly fine, but when I tried to play it then it would tell me something like "Unable to launch steam game. Disk write error". I've looked up a million different videos and people trying to explain how to fix it, but none of them are exactly my problem. Most of the other Disk Write Errors I guess have something to do with some file being locked or something, but when I viewed my Steam content to see what the problem was this is what it gave me:

[2015-10-18 08:16:22] AppID 730 update canceled : Failed to move staging folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading/730 (Disk write failure)

I have found the 730 file and I have also tried moving it to the Common folder, but neither of that seemed to help. Also I did end up deleting CS:GO and re downloaded it, but yet I still have the exact same problem!

If anyone may know what the problem is then feel free to reply!

I am running Windows 10 just fyi.

If that doesn't work then make sure that you have permissions to that folder and also make sure that it isn't something stupid like in read-only for that folder or wherever it's trying to install to.

It would be a shame if it's a new computer and the hard drive has bad sectors.

If that doesn't work then make sure that you have permissions to that folder and also make sure that it isn't something stupid like in read-only for that folder or wherever it's trying to install to.

It would be a shame if it's a new computer and the hard drive has bad sectors.

Thanks for the help guys, but I think I ended up fixing it myself (on accident lol)

I ended up just deleting the 730 file and then because of that I had to reinstall CS:GO again and I guess that did it. Works like a charm now!