Sign in to follow this  
Face

Speed/LJ change poll

Speed/LJ changes  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should speed/LJ be shop "exclusive" (you can only buy one)

• Yes
    • Yes, but lower their price some
    • No
    • Other (please explain in a post)
    • I don't care
  2. 2. Should speed/LJ restrictions be as harsh as I made them

• Yes
    • Yes, but change a few races (please explain in a post)
    • No
    • Other (please explain in a post)
    • I don't care

If you feel strongly one way or another, please post stating why.

Just looking to get some feedback since I don't play as much as some of you guys.

It shows what you vote for, so I may put more weight towards regulars opinions, etc.

There is nothing I really plan on doing as a result of this poll (unless the results swing hugely in favor of one side or the other, which I highly doubt they will) and I'm mainly looking for discussion/ideas/tweaks etc.

Thanks

I think the current changes are alright. I can still play well on master sniper, and I guess being a little slower adds more counter play possibilities. I can't really speak for the other races that were nerfed though.

Edited by PandaRanger

aww whats wrong x men you and agrippa cant fly around the map anyone at 100 mph LJ away from everything.

Savage hasn't been able to do that in ages... every race can kill a savage anyways since it doesn't get any skulls and gets 1 hit anyways by all magic dmg and cc :/... luckily this doesn't affect pyro or add any skill req on using pyro missiles so ull be fine :).. Not saying speed + lj wasnt broken on several races

Savage has been pretty bad for a while, even before this change. You get tagged once and you pretty much lose all of your speed from longjumping for two seconds. And that's not even taking into account the fact that most races tend to have some slow/freeze that shits on savage.

Savage hasn't been able to do that in ages... every race can kill a savage anyways since it doesn't get any skulls and gets 1 hit anyways by all magic dmg and cc :/... luckily this doesn't affect pyro or add any skill req on using pyro missiles so ull be fine :).. Not saying speed + lj wasnt broken on several races

Savage has been pretty bad for a while, even before this change. You get tagged once and you pretty much lose all of your speed from longjumping for two seconds. And that's not even taking into account the fact that most races tend to have some slow/freeze that shits on savage.

What do you mean savage gets no skulls? It was working last time I messed with the race o.o

It is definitely a race I can consider unrestricting stuff on or buffing if it looks like it needs it though.

Its skull generation gives it like a 75% chance to get a skull on kill and I'm pretty sure you need two skulls to use the ulti. So you'd be lucky to be able to use your ult maybe once every other round.

Edited by Agrippa

Its skull generation gives it like a 75% chance to get a skull on kill. So you'd be lucky to be able to use your ult maybe once every other round.

It's 100% chance to get skulls, I buffed it a couple months ago per mimic asking me to. Might be worth lowering the skull requirement to 2 per ultimate (it is currently 3).

Boots also isn't restricted on it. I'm doing pretty decent with boots+chain+ring tbh (considering the fact I don't play knife races).

you shouldnt need both. i would say sock is stronger on most races, anyway.

It's 100% chance to get skulls, I buffed it a couple months ago per mimic asking me to. Might be worth lowering the skull requirement to 2 per ultimate (it is currently 3).

Boots also isn't restricted on it. I'm doing pretty decent with boots+chain+ring tbh (considering the fact I don't play knife races).

savage isnt bad, but when people start going NE or dread it's pretty terrible. naturally.

Although the votes were split pretty drastically on the first poll, most of the people who I consider "more senior" in terms of being regulars on the server voted "no". 

As such, I removed  that restriction and you can now buy boots/LJ together (if possible).

The second vote is less split than it looks, nothing_but_fail told me he meant to vote yes. As such, it is 11 "yes/yes but" and 5 "no". The "other" vote is essentially a yes as well (with a suggestion).

As such, I am leaving the restrictions as they are for now. If anyone would like to argue for individual races or try to persuade some of the "yes-ers" feel free to do it here.