Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrkham

Looking for an ISO

I need Windows 7 home premium 64-bit ISO to burn on to a USB drive. I haven't had any luck in finding one. Anybody know where to download one?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download

You can download any version of Windows through the Microsoft site if you have a valid key for that installation.

If you don't, and are activating Windows by other means / or later, then you could go into any torrent site and find it (this is legal, as long as the .ISO is untempered).

If you want to be one hundred percent sure that the .ISO file is clean then run a hash check on it and check against google.

Cant redirect you to an .ISO file though, ISP is blocking the public ones, and I use private,

yah.. win8/8.1/10 are about 30% faster than 7 and you got a free upgrade from 7 to 10... use it before it expires.

driz, how do you feel about the privacy issues in default 10 settings?

can power users change all settings adequately to deny it all?

also, if you do go for win7, get ultimate, no reason not to

driz, how do you feel about the privacy issues in default 10 settings?

can power users change all settings adequately to deny it all?

also, if you do go for win7, get ultimate, no reason not to

are there REALLY privacy issues? 

it records your typing habits for prediction (iphones and android do this already and no one complains) it stores your voice and the way you speak to make cortana work (iphone and android do this)

if you really have a problem, turn the stuff off and dont use the cool new stuff. Specifically to your question, you can always turn stuff off or block it. there are a ton of guides. I turned none of it off. I like cortana, i like that when i write shit it's recognizes it better the more i write. i mean your phone keyboards have been doing this for years.. whats the difference? 

Windows 10 is the best OS they've released since 95. Windows 7, while stable was one of the slowest they've released. 

under no circumstances should anyone be running 7 still. if you can't stand 10, get 8.1 and install classic shell to disable metro and bring the win7 start menu back. the speed increase on 8/8.1/10 is amazing.

are there REALLY privacy issues? 

it records your typing habits for prediction (iphones and android do this already and no one complains) it stores your voice and the way you speak to make cortana work (iphone and android do this)

if you really have a problem, turn the stuff off and dont use the cool new stuff. Specifically to your question, you can always turn stuff off or block it. there are a ton of guides. I turned none of it off. I like cortana, i like that when i write shit it's recognizes it better the more i write. i mean your phone keyboards have been doing this for years.. whats the difference? 

Windows 10 is the best OS they've released since 95. Windows 7, while stable was one of the slowest they've released. 

under no circumstances should anyone be running 7 still. if you can't stand 10, get 8.1 and install classic shell to disable metro and bring the win7 start menu back. the speed increase on 8/8.1/10 is amazing.

+1

All these retards circle jerking about windows 10 privacy settings don't realize that nothing has changed. Microsoft has collected data like this for a long time, and it just happens to become mainstream news now. 

I heard the free Windows 10 upgrade is good for a year, at which you have to pay a subscription to continue using it... 

Somebody tell me this is false

The ability to upgrade is good for a year after which they won't allow it anymore. You shouldn't have to pay for a subscription for the life of the product if you do the upgrade within that time.

That being said... this is just to get people used to the subscription idea. Every step of the way they try and get you to sign up for a MS account. The account is free but they desperately want getting used to the idea you sign in with an account and it isn't local. The new Office is subscription based and this goes with them getting people used to the idea of subscriptions.

Software subscriptions are common in the corporate world but consumers are not familiar or used to this model. It is much more profitable for companies then charging one time for a product. The next version of Windows will most likely be subscription based. So instead of buying it outright you will pay monthly.

The ability to upgrade is good for a year after which they won't allow it anymore. You shouldn't have to pay for a subscription for the life of the product if you do the upgrade within that time.

That being said... this is just to get people used to the subscription idea. Every step of the way they try and get you to sign up for a MS account. The account is free but they desperately want getting used to the idea you sign in with an account and it isn't local. The new Office is subscription based and this goes with them getting people used to the idea of subscriptions.

Software subscriptions are common in the corporate world but consumers are not familiar or used to this model. It is much more profitable for companies then charging one time for a product. The next version of Windows will most likely be subscription based. So instead of buying it outright you will pay monthly.

what new office? office 2016 isn't sub based.. office 365 is (but this isn't a new thing...)

there will always been an exception to a microsoft sub based OS. Any government classified network wont be able to phone home, so a kms service will be required which means volume license editions will exist.

what new office? office 2016 isn't sub based.. office 365 is (but this isn't a new thing...)

there will always been an exception to a microsoft sub based OS. Any government classified network wont be able to phone home, so a kms service will be required which means volume license editions will exist.

365 which is the one they target at the consumers and this is what I'm referring to. Government and companies are totally different and they know what they are getting into with their licenses and contracts. I'm talking about this type of pricing being a new world to regular consumers. Sure people are used to paying monthly for Netflix but when you tell them they have to pay monthly for software or their OS... yeah that gets a bit tricky. This is why I think MS is taking the slow approach to get people used to the idea before it is their only option. 

365 which is the one they target at the consumers and this is what I'm referring to. Government and companies are totally different and they know what they are getting into with their licenses and contracts. I'm talking about this type of pricing being a new world to regular consumers. Sure people are used to paying monthly for Netflix but when you tell them they have to pay monthly for software or their OS... yeah that gets a bit tricky. This is why I think MS is taking the slow approach to get people used to the idea before it is their only option. 

gotcha, i just avoid 365. when 16 came out, i ordered a couple copies.