Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddy

New guideline for all Staff and Server Officers regarding VAC bans

Why does this start in December

According to mimic VAC can take up to 3 months to ban someone for cheating

i highly doubt it takes 3 months my main hasn't been VAC Banned yet and i cheated over 10-11 months ago

i highly doubt it takes 3 months my main hasn't been VAC Banned yet and i cheated over 10-11 months ago

Pls ban

I'm sure there are tons of variables that mimic has accounted for to come up with that number  Kappa

But I like the new policy change

depends on how big the cheat is, usually. vac usually takes about ~2 weeks if youre using some shit cheat.

also, why not expand this into regular member ranks? if you get vacced, you cant get a promotion for a year, or something similar

I am surprised that SOs/Staff were not demoted right away when it was found out that they were VAC banned for cheating. If it was up to me thats exactly what I would do. I guess sG are more tolerant towards cheaters than I am. With this rules we have to start somewhere I guess.

I guess sG are more tolerant towards cheaters than I am. With this rules we have to start somewhere I guess.

More so than people that threaten to DDOS

depends on how big the cheat is, usually. vac usually takes about ~2 weeks if youre using some shit cheat.

also, why not expand this into regular member ranks? if you get vacced, you cant get a promotion for a year, or something similar

Probably an enforcement issue is my guess.  It should've been like this a long, long time ago though; this update has been a long time coming.

Probably an enforcement issue is my guess.  It should've been like this a long, long time ago though; this update has been a long time coming.

yeah, probably would be a little difficult. i figure the community would basically do half the job though, because you know everyone would love to tell people that someone was vacced when they apply for a rank.

and agreed that it should've been. i also don't expect any staff to be banned, so this just seems like a formality. i'm sure someone suggested it in the thread in the staff forums (if there was one) or it came up in the talks somewhere along the line, but i'm assuming this was just to see how the community would react before it was put into place for ranks and recruitment.

nice sig btw lmfao

Trust me, if staff gets vaced after the rule is in effect, they will get removed from staff the nice way or the driz way. Watching you mimic!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Revised and made a clarification on VAC bans due to family shared steam accounts.

So does this count only in counterstrike? Because I have a Game Ban in Rust, when I was screwing around with my friends. So will that ban in Rust make a difference? Sorry if this has already been asked. I was just skimming the thread.

6 hours ago, TheLJH said:

So does this count only in counterstrike? Because I have a Game Ban in Rust, when I was screwing around with my friends. So will that ban in Rust make a difference? Sorry if this has already been asked. I was just skimming the thread.

Only if your ban occurs while you have SO