Sign in to follow this  
Bryan

Map Suggestion War3

1. Remove dolls

• Decrease the server population when it changes map about 50% server population leave cause its just dolls
  • When dolls is done all the people will come back

2. Add Night maps

• Gives more "spice" to the gameplay its dark harder to see, the only problem i can see is the invisible races could always reduce the invis only on night maps
  • Bigger map rotation
  • Impluse 100 has a good use finally

3. Add Westwood

• It was gone only for the event
Edited by infested marine

Wouldn't be a map suggestion thread without crackhouse

It would like adding dolls back basically

Yo dolls is the shit. It's classic assault that needs to be brought back.

Assault, just play pudge, exalted sorc, etc any aoe ability = sided since it close to the hostie etc

yo i want crackhouse and assault. those maps are the shit

You have the Engineer status put up a vote for it, if it doesnt pass using your tyranny powers to do it

Whatever we do, I don't want to force people to play maps they don't want to play.

We have a lot of maps that aren't played and a lot of maps added end up the same way (e.g. Highrise) unless it is a map added for competitive CSGO (zoo, resort).

I don't mind adding maps to give them a shot but here are some basic requirements:

1. Needs to have 30+ player spawns, you can test this with bots I believe
  2. Can't see through textures anywhere in the playable area (this is just bad map design...)
  3. Map can't be terrible for frame rates (compare your framerate running around D2 to your framerate on that map, if there is a substantial drop its probably gonna murder someone with low frames)
  4. Can't be anything really dumb for war3 (e.g. on highrise you could fly up into the buildings and sit inside of the textures for the building, I had to have x-men fix this cause I wanted it to be played)

Any one can feel free to figure those things out and then send me the map and I'll slap it on and take it for a play test

The logic for this doesn't make any sense, we add xp bonus to maps that people don't normally play. Wouldn't these underplayed maps show the same signs under this current theory?

Why are we removing maps at all? A lot of people like Dolls and a lot of people don't like Dolls. Hang em low is much worse than Dolls ever was if you're talking about map design anyways but that stays on the server.

Hang em low is much worse than Dolls ever was if you're talking about map design anyways but that stays on the server.

Cuz obv best map on the server

Cuz obv best map on the server

For the record I don't have a problem with it, I was told that people hate Dolls because its fairly wide open and is prone to snipers and flying knife races. To which HEL is much worse in that aspect.

For the record I don't have a problem with it, I was told that people hate Dolls because its fairly wide open and is prone to snipers and flying knife races. To which HEL is much worse in that aspect.

But hangemlow doesn't encourage max-duration rounds every single round resulting in 1 map taking an hour to play

But hangemlow doesn't encourage max-duration rounds every single round resulting in 1 map taking an hour to play

You kidding? Normally people fast plant the bomb because the map allows you to.

Edit: The objective is probably done more on Dolls than HEL

Edited by B-cock #111.11

You kidding? Normally people fast plant the bomb because the map allows you to.

Edit: The objective is probably done more on Dolls than HEL

I've played both a lot... dolls definitely lasts longer. T-spawn is easy to camp, vents are easy to camp, ct spawn is easy to camp, the dresser area is easy to camp... its all camping. Bomb is rarely fast planted in my experience unless its one individual on a race like golden tail