Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

Guild Wars 2 now Free

https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/play-for-free

Some changes for free accounts:

• Does not receive daily login bonus

• Start with less storage than paid account : 2 character slots, 3 bag slots

• No map wide chat interaction, can use local chat

• Cannot post on ArenaNet forums

• Can only start new whisper conversations once every 30 seconds

• Can trade and buy common items on TP

• Can't mail items or gold to other players, can still send text-only mail to friends

• Must be level 60 before entering WvW, other unspecified zone/level restrictions

• They must play to level 10 before leaving the starter zones, to level 30 before using LFG

• They can play PvP immediately but must get to rank 20 before using custom and unranked arenas

• Cannot trade gold for gems

• Cannot access guild vaults

Anyone still playing GW2 or will try it out now that you don't have to buy the game?

I never really got into the guild war series, I'll probably try it out. Hopefully these restrictions you listed out aren't too bad. The combat system looks dope though.

I'll probably try it out. I liked the first (although I heard this isn't much like the first) aside from the level 20 cap. And I'm a fan of really any MMOs. Not looking forward to the restrictions though, but maybe they won't be too bad. 

I'll probably try it out. I liked the first (although I heard this isn't much like the first) aside from the level 20 cap. And I'm a fan of really any MMOs. Not looking forward to the restrictions though, but maybe they won't be too bad. 

If you liked the first one you'd probs like GW2. It's got more of a WoW feel to it but the skillcap is still really high. The restrictions don't look too terrible but the restriction on the trading post might hurt.

If you liked the first one you'd probs like GW2. 

That's an overstatement by far... the lore loosened up between the two games so much that the books don't even fill the gap. This game is basically a sequel only in name, other than that it is enjoyable up to a certain point then you start realizing there's no endgame content.. HoT might change that but my expectations are pretty low from what anet has been considering "satisfying content updates"

HoT might change that but my expectations are pretty low from what anet has been considering "satisfying content updates"

Oh yeah def, I'm not even gonna bother buying the expansion.

I remember looking at videos of this game and thought it looked like something I would enjoy, never got around to playing it though...

I guess I'll finally give it a go.