Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UnknownLegend

This is what happens...

Free to play, they make 100% of their money off of microtransactions.

Think of a much more involved version of Diablo 3.  A lot of what they did to salvage D3 into a decent game was taken from Path of Exile, including the rift system (called Maps in PoE).  A lot of people thought of PoE as much more of a spiritual successor to Diablo 2 than D3 was.

The only thing you really should need to buy in this game is additional stash tabs, just to store all the shit you get.  

Here's an intro guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549432/page/1

Oh, and just to give you an idea of the variation and depth the game has, here's their skill tree: 

7QeaYe4.jpg

Holy shit did they update the visuals on path of exile? Don't rembember it looking that good :o

Holy shit did they update the visuals on path of exile? Don't rembember it looking that good :o

yup

this game looks pretty badass. i think ima get this shit. 

is it p2w? or can free players reap the same rewards/ease of play as ppl using microtransactions?

this game looks pretty badass. i think ima get this shit. 

is it p2w? or can free players reap the same rewards/ease of play as ppl using microtransactions?

the micro-transactions are almost all cosmetic and give you absolutely zero advantage over someone who hasn't put any money into the game.

The only argument that could be made for something that is p2w would be the stash tabs, allowing you to store more items and currency, but if you aren't a hoarder you will have more than enough space to store things that are necessary.

Before I bought stash tabs I would just use another free account to store extra items on I wanted to keep but didn't have space for. literally took a minute to log into the other account and just trade the items over to it.

I haven't played with junzou, but I've been playing with Ted, Tristan, freekiller, and silent shot

I play with friends from my Skype call.  All but one of them have moved on for this league, actually, so it's just me and him.  This is actually the first time I've seen Silent.

A few people have invited me to play with them, but I prefer playing hardcore to scrubcore, and that seems to be what most of them play.

I play with friends from my Skype call.  All but one of them have moved on for this league, actually, so it's just me and him.  This is actually the first time I've seen Silent.

A few people have invited me to play with them, but I prefer playing hardcore to scrubcore, and that seems to be what most of them play.

im a scrub are you going to refuse to play with me now :(

I'm level 70 in the new league, I'm not playing anything special though. This game is rough and I HIGHLY recommend looking up a build on the official forums or you may get discouraged and quit. Seriously, the skill tree is daunting and you have to know what the skills do and how to build out properly.

ive gotten a few characters to 60-70 range now 

my hc died @ 52 because of wdc lagspikes

probably going to make an ice crash something build next that spell owns

This is the currency from rarest to most common which relates to its value. I recommend not using any until later on, definitely nothing chaos orb and above. The most valuable (yet practical) ones are Jews, Alts, and Fusing, they're easy to kind of "throw away" while crafting and leveling but be sure to hold onto them.

Mirror

Eternal - No Longer Exist

Exalt

Divine

Gem Cutter

Regal

Regret

Chaos

Fusing

Blessed

Scouring

Alch

Chisel

Chance

Jew

Alt

Chrom

Trans

Aug

Hit act 3 today around level 30, pretty fun game when teamed up

Sent from my oneplus one

I'm 71 in Tempest now, starting to get old.  Doing Ice Crash build.  Will probably just keep playing until I RIP.

This is the currency from rarest to most common which relates to its value. I recommend not using any until later on, definitely nothing chaos orb and above. The most valuable (yet practical) ones are Jews, Alts, and Fusing, they're easy to kind of "throw away" while crafting and leveling but be sure to hold onto them.

Mirror

Eternal - No Longer Exist

Exalt

Divine

Gem Cutter

Regal

Regret

Chaos

Fusing

Blessed

Scouring

Alch

Chisel

Chance

Jew

Alt

Chrom

Trans

Aug

You forgot Baubels (as well as Whetstones and Armour Scraps or w/e for that matter).  I dunno about scrubcore, but in Tempest Baubels are currently just a little less valuable than a chisel.  Can normally sell them for 3:1c.  Better pick up those Superior flasks!

I hopped on my Standard character doing Facebreaker Ice Crash and holy fuck it's awesome

Facebreaker alone is awesome

I love Facebreaker

(using 913%)

JESUS CHRIST

MALACHAI WITH 900 MAX HP = NON STOP THRILL RIDE

WE CRUEL NOW

If you're in Tempest, hit me up and I can kill bosses for you as needed.  IGN is Junzou.  I'll take you as far as like... Piety in Merciless.