Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piero

CS:GO Summer Tourney

Honestly you can kill two birds with one stone here.

Not only is the nauFrage's team getting screwed over with one less player because he can't make it but the tournament is screwing them over because they don't get a replacement before the tournament even starts.

If you want nau to be banned from next tournament then do so. But don't screw over the other 5 players (along with the other people who didn't get picked).

IMO just give them Evalynn and take nau off the team. If you want to ban him from next tourney for signing up and then not showing, that's your discretion.

/0.02

The times were announced before he signed up for this tournament. We don't have control over his mistakes.

If he doesn't show up for the whole tournament, he's just not going to participate on future ones.

Also, there would be a problem just letting me switch with Nau. All the others who didnt get to join would complain cause they seemingly didnt get a chance at all. Yeah a team will be screwed, but honestly captains could have messaged potential people for their team before hand to make sure they'd not end up going no show.

If its decided to let someone replace Nau, it should be randomly chosen.

Also, there would be a problem just letting me switch with Nau. All the others who didnt get to join would complain cause they seemingly didnt get a chance at all. Yeah a team will be screwed, but honestly captains could have messaged potential people for their team before hand to make sure they'd not end up going no show.

If its decided to let someone replace Nau, it should be randomly chosen.

People can't really message "potential people for their team" because they don't know what their options are going to be when they pick as people get picked.

Also, no one is replacing nau.

If Round 3 of the winners bracket is a BO3 at 7PM, how are the losers bracket matches 1 and 2 supposed to start at 8PM?

If Round 3 of the winners bracket is a BO3 at 7PM, how are the losers bracket matches 1 and 2 supposed to start at 8PM?

THAT'S THE MAGIC

That also goes for the Losers bracket semi finals. The final is supposed to start at 8PM but the BO3 semis are at 7PM lol.

If you guys are going to have BO3s. You should honestly start this thing earlier on Saturday and Sunday. Or we'll be going till 1AM on Sunday.

aaaaaaaaaaaaalso because I know you guys like to hear me out,

With the way the schedule is set up for the losers bracket, we could have a team play from 6PM - 1AM on Sunday lol (7 hours of tournament). I'm going to my doctor tomorrow to get an adderall prescription ;)

My suggestion:

Have the Winners bracket final on Sunday instead of Saturday.

I swear travesty just needs to run these or at least be part of the planning, if I recall he was correcting issues in the last tournament as well.

Doesn't each team have 6 people? 5 and a sub?

Yeah, but if a team has a player after the draft say, "Nope not going to play now" or "Actually I can't make it," suddenly not a single person can miss a game or it is 4v5. Sub system only works if the person is missing a game or two, not the whole damn tournament.

I swear travesty just needs to run these or at least be part of the planning, if I recall he was correcting issues in the last tournament as well.

The one time him and splewis essentially ended up saving it by providing servers. But seriously trav should get an advisory role next time he seems to have experience running these

If people aren't going to show for whatever the reason after the fact (most likely because they don't like their team) just explicitly state the banning of such people and avoidance of even applying the next time if that's the mentality they're going to have towards a casual tournament.

Edit: and yes, trav has helped out previously when such issues with scheduling and servers (ironically enough logistics issues that have been brought up by him again in other threads...)