Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

The biggest issue I see with the CD posting is, is this... 

Not to go on a rant about tyranny, but staff decides if something is "immediately relevant" even if the original intent was to help with the resolution (whether it be the punishment stays, gets harsher, or removed) of the complaint. I can think of the one time I really thought my input was valuable as an SO, and having had dealt with the person in the past but never having banned them/reported them (warning, kicking, etc.) for a similar issue, so most likely nobody knew about it but me. My post was removed (luckily I wasn't banned) and the complaint was resolved (I don't remember what the result was). 

Now I know this isn't hard evidence. But my post was unbiased, not trolling, and not harassing anyone. But if as an SO that has had run-ins with the same person for the same issues on the server they're assigned to is not allowed/considered irrelevant to the situation (and really I feel any long time member should be included in this), I really don't understand why that is in there, and it just doesn't say something to the effect of: "If you're not the reporter, reported, or have hard evidence that is not yet posted, don't post."

Here's the deal, you're asking staff to take your memory from possibly months ago as accurate. If you had reported the original issue, and then you link to that report in the current issue, it's relevant. SOs should be above lying and other things, but keep in mind, we had SOs in some hate organizing group less than 6 months ago. Staff make decisions only on relevant info with proof in the thread (although sometimes an SO THAT WAS PRESENT can contribute things without proof for consideration) If we just let members come in and say "oh yah he's done this 5 times before, perm him" huf wouldn't even be here anymore because you guys are biased. (that's not to say staff isn't biased either, which is why we adhere to the rules in the CD aswell)

Bottom line, the rule isn't changing. If someone breaks a rule, report it. If you dont want it public, put it in pm to staff. If they later break another rule and you'd like to cite your previous encounter, link the old thread or tell us and we'll find it. no proof, no post, simple as that. 

Rune, when you get to high school i think your life is going to be rough man. I feel for you and hope you realize you need to grow up and think a little more some day. I wish you the best of luck with your teenage and adult years.

Rune, when you get to high school i think your life is going to be rough man. I feel for you and hope you realize you need to grow up and think a little more some day. I wish you the best of luck with your teenage and adult years.

#rekt

so whats stopping staff from posting unnecessary information in complaints? ive been the victim of this several times in the past and its not fun. Do you hand out infractions to fellow staff members for sticking their nose in where they aren't assigned to?

why does someone like mimics biased shitty memory/opinion count over mooses? staff are human too, you guys are not infallible.

#rekt

so whats stopping staff from posting unnecessary information in complaints? ive been the victim of this several times in the past and its not fun. Do you hand out infractions to fellow staff members for sticking their nose in where they aren't assigned to?

why does someone like mimics biased shitty memory/opinion count over mooses? staff are human too, you guys are not infallible.

driz actually infracts me

I'm pretty sure I've infracted nearly every staff member. You are right though, the problem exists with staff as well. We are now documenting issues better so we don't go off memory, but the problem will likely remain for a bit while we work the system out.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Here's the deal, you're asking staff to take your memory from possibly months ago as accurate. If you had reported the original issue, and then you link to that report in the current issue, it's relevant. SOs should be above lying and other things, but keep in mind, we had SOs in some hate organizing group less than 6 months ago. Staff make decisions only on relevant info with proof in the thread (although sometimes an SO THAT WAS PRESENT can contribute things without proof for consideration) If we just let members come in and say "oh yah he's done this 5 times before, perm him" huf wouldn't even be here anymore because you guys are biased. (that's not to say staff isn't biased either, which is why we adhere to the rules in the CD aswell)

Bottom line, the rule isn't changing. If someone breaks a rule, report it. If you dont want it public, put it in pm to staff. If they later break another rule and you'd like to cite your previous encounter, link the old thread or tell us and we'll find it. no proof, no post, simple as that. 

An inadvertent jab at me being a child. Man, I wish I could come up with some witty comment about you being a faggot.

Edit: Removing the last part because I respect people who went through the military despite not seeing eye to eye with them. I'd rather not go out of my way to disrespect their service to our country. You're still a faggot though, and your input doesn't mean shit, especially given your ignorance in the matter.

Edited by Rune

Turtle had the honor of being my first staff infraction. In fact I popped my infraction cherry on him. <3

I kinda feel bad for him. He's a kid, used Mommy's credit card, and she got fucking pissed. I can relate because I was like that. I've had Steam since '06, I'm 20 now... I was 9 when I started. Every sale, every chance to grab something extra from the store, came from Mom's card. Hell, she didn't trust it at all, thinking she was gonna get robbed, so I never got what I wanted until I got my own debit card at 15. I digress; yeah it sucks that happened, but didn't Driz say earlier that the Paypal investigator kept it in your guys' favor, keeping the money here? I'm sure he's getting in enough trouble as it is with his mom, I sympathize. 

I kinda feel bad for him. He's a kid, used Mommy's credit card, and she got fucking pissed. I can relate because I was like that. I've had Steam since '06, I'm 20 now... I was 9 when I started. Every sale, every chance to grab something extra from the store, came from Mom's card. Hell, she didn't trust it at all, thinking she was gonna get robbed, so I never got what I wanted until I got my own debit card at 15. I digress; yeah it sucks that happened, but didn't Driz say earlier that the Paypal investigator kept it in your guys' favor, keeping the money here? I'm sure he's getting in enough trouble as it is with his mom, I sympathize.

Pretty sure he used a phished PayPal, not his mom's. PayPal doesn't close an account for filing a dispute typically.

He claimed it was hers, why wouldn't she just change the password?

You gotta think like a parent, an adult who most likely didn't grow up in the computer age like we did. Assuming it WAS her account, and not a phished one, she probably has the mentality that. "What I say, goes." and didn't feel - or think - the need to change her password. It's like when my mom used to yell at me for eating candy after my insulin shot; she said no, so she expects it to be that way, without having to move it.

She always moved that candy doe... RIP childhood

He claimed it was hers, why wouldn't she just change the password?

I don't know. My assumption would be that he made the PayPal account with her credit card. She calls PayPal Support and tells them to cancel the account.

Either way, kid got what was coming to him. He can wait till he's older to start buying services for himself.

there was this one darkrp server we used to play on years back (noobonic) where this kid used his grandmas credit card and somehow racked up donations of $1500+. she found out one day and refunded all of it which basically made the server owner have to take out a loan or miss rent or something

i would've sued the kid but he somehow ended up getting unbanned after apologizing really hard

there was this one darkrp server we used to play on years back (noobonic) where this kid used his grandmas credit card and somehow racked up donations of $1500+. she found out one day and refunded all of it which basically made the server owner have to take out a loan or miss rent or something

i would've sued the kid but he somehow ended up getting unbanned after apologizing really hard

server owner must've been a pedophile