Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

almost got me banned

ayy lmao

the fact that they have CD open to the public when they don't want anyone posting there unless they're involved is literally autistic regardless

you'd think they'd just make it like PMs to staff and they'd let people interject if they're brought up in the OP

but we don't like logic here, fuck that

Scenario:

Someone is reported in some CD thread. Staff sees the persons name and Steam ID, so they find them on the forums and pm them accordingly, then make the thread open to them if needed.

as it is now i feel like they just want to infract people for posting somewhere because they have nothing better to do. mfw

Edited by Rune

the fact that they have CD open to the public when they don't want anyone posting there unless they're involved is literally autistic regardless<br /><br />you'd think they'd just make it like PMs to staff and they'd let people interject if they're brought up in the OP<br /><br />but we don't like logic here, fuck that<br /><br />Scenario:<br /><br />Someone is reported in some CD thread. Staff sees the persons name and Steam ID, so they find them on the forums and pm them accordingly, then make the thread open to them if needed.<br /><br />as it is now i feel like they just want to infract people for posting somewhere because they have nothing better to do. mfw
The only thing autistic here is you, Rune. Find something more worthwhile to get your panties in a bunch over.

The only thing autistic here is you, Rune. Find something more worthwhile to get your panties in a bunch over.

ktf.giffaggot

inb4 the double expectation that staff can talk shit, then ill get the heat for calling him a faggot

lmao

Edited by Rune

>When I slapped him it was for attention.

Rip my sides. Real though everytime a new person gets admin, they're eventually in the CD with something related to admin disrespect. Mabes send a quick message to the dude upon granting new admin permissions about going easy with the admin disrespect rule, perhaps?

>When I slapped him it was for attention.

Rip my sides. Real though everytime a new person gets admin, they're eventually in the CD with something related to admin disrespect. Mabes send a quick message to the dude upon granting new admin permissions about going easy with the admin disrespect rule, perhaps?

Nah he was wielding the "an SO said I can do it" attitude. I was on his side, but he just would not drop it. All in all it was a small deal turned big by small stuff adding up. I mean hell the only reason he had a single quote for a name is because he couldn't figure out the rename.

I feel paid admins somehow get it in their head that since a single SO said something once it automatically overrides anything anyone else except perhaps staff say. He ignored travesty more or less.

Nah he was wielding the "an SO said I can do it" attitude. I was on his side, but he just would not drop it. All in all it was a small deal turned big by small stuff adding up. I mean hell the only reason he had a single quote for a name is because he couldn't figure out the rename.

I feel paid admins somehow get it in their head that since a single SO said something once it automatically overrides anything anyone else except perhaps staff say. He ignored travesty more or less.

Since I was that SO, I will say exatcly what I told the kid before people start thinking I just told him to go around abusing ; 

He asked me what to do in case of harassment. I told him, take a screenshot, warn the person. if that doesn't solve the issue, take a screenshot of the continuous harassment and you warning them, gag the person. If that doesn't solve the issue, kick him (all while documenting proof), and if it must be done, ban the harasser for 30 minutes.

Somehow, he managed to think "Document and use common sense" means "Mark is gonna ban you for harassing me", and went around telling players if they din't stop talking to him that I was going to go in there and ban the people. Like, excuse me? Where the fuck did you get that from? Without documentation I won't do shit, and he kicked a friend of mine for saying he had a small penis, like what? (The minecraft kid that got kicked, thats his alt account.)

He was wielding the "SO said I can do it", which was the whole twisted, corrupt version of what I TOLD HIM to do, thats the part that bothers me the most about this whole thing, because it makes me look bad. I still don't know how that was the message that got across to him, but theres nothing I can do now. He fucked up, and honestly I don't think he's really fit to have admin access. There were already some issues with him before, but now it just seems to be going a bit over the top.

edit; revising wording for smoother flow.

Edited by Mark from Facebook

Novamen [Paidmen] (not sure if this is MatthewG) also kicked someone else from the server yesterday. When I asked him not to do that and to chill out, he replied to me and said "I can do it. Talk to Mark."

I have no doubt you were trying to do the right thing but maybe we shouldn't even tell the paid admins that they should kick other players. I could've sworn that was a rule not too long ago.

I mean "disrespect" (which is a term used loosely now) can easily be ignored if it's not being spammed. It can simply end at mute/gag and if they're being an asshole in admin chat, then I can see possibly kicking them. However you better have some damn good proof of this before doing so – I think this needs to be reiterated. Some of these admins (this goes for Server Officers as well) need to grow some thicker skin and move on, especially the ones that are affected negatively by someone “disrespecting” them. If you can’t handle someone calling you out on a Jailbreak server maybe you shouldn’t be an admin in the first place. Let me iterate that paid admins are in no way obligated to help out if they don’t feel like it, in my honest opinion. They are paying for a service – they are not paying for work lol. But some of them that have come complaining to you need to man up and just continue playing the game. Cyber bullying is one thing and I agree should not be tolerated; someone saying “do your job” is another thing and can easily be ignored. I just think everyone needs to chill out and play the god damn game.

More so, this hyper-sensitivity needs go. I feel like the reason the jailbreak server has turn into "autism" is because everyone feels they have some sense of entitlement when they play. Someone gets freekilled and they act like it's the biggest event in their lives that will change them forever. Cool your jets, pump your brakes and relax as we try to sort it out.

If you're an admin or server officer the easiest way to redeem a freekilling that you didn't see is to simply respawn the player that claims they are freekilled and bring them to the location of the non-rebelling ts. They thank you and the round moves on.

I feel like instead of saying “Respect all players” in the MOTD it should simply say, “Don’t be an asshole and have fun.”
Edited by Travesty

Trav, they're the same people. MatthewG and NovaSlayer, he just changed his name. I know because I checked past aliases.ZeDfwuj.png

Edit; And pertaining to the rule that you brought up, it was mainly for paidmins to dish out punishments (kicking etc) on other paidmins, since the whole area with Afro got so far out of hand. But I agree with you, people need to grow some thick skin. I fucked up thinking these kids had a thread of common sense when to use their powers, but they just try to loophole every rule to hell - doing it on purpose or not - and take it to heart. Some people I can understand, the ones that din't like people just trash talking paidmins for simply saying "no" on an LR, but here comes matthew kicking people for saying "small penis". I mean come on man.

Trav, they're the same people. MatthewG and NovaSlayer, he just changed his name. I know because I checked past aliases.

Alright but my point still stands, I don't think paid admins should be kicking people.

Alright but my point still stands, I don't think paid admins should be kicking people.

I think they should have the power to do so up to a certain point (racism mainly,m which is the only one that comes to mind.) But I gave them all the options simply because sometimes a gag doesn't solve the problem. People start spamming admin chat. Thats why I said "log everything and kick". But JB is almost never without an SO. It should never escalate to the point where a paidmin is having to go off kicking people without higher up intervention. Sure they need to grow thick skin, but at the same time, some of those kids are 9-12 year old. They don't know how to suppress their emotions. So I don't know, theres always a grey area. 

Sure they need to grow thick skin, but at the same time, some of those kids are 9-12 year old. They don't know how to suppress their emotions. So I don't know, theres always a grey area. 

Then maybe they shouldn't have admin in the first place.

I would say that when there's a higher admin on the server (and responsive) punishment should be left to them. I had to basically tell Matthew that last week as he had a similar issue where anyone that he even thought was talking to him he would instantly gag. Even after I told him I would handle anymore abuse, he continued to pull the trigger on unnecessary gags. I get some people really do egg him and other paid admins on. Making fun of them for being young especially. But he can definitely be over sensitive and get to a point where his emotions are just controlling him.

Then maybe they shouldn't have admin in the first place.

Not our decision to make. That's up to their mothers to decide to give them a credit card or not. So sure maybe they shouldn't have admin, but they do. And its our job to tell them what to do in cases like this, so they won't make the server more autistic than it already is.

I would say that when there's a higher admin on the server (and responsive) punishment should be left to them.

Agreed!

Not our decision to make. That's up to their mothers to decide to give them a credit card or not. So sure maybe they shouldn't have admin, but they do. And its our job to tell them what to do in cases like this, so they won't make the server more autistic than it already is.

There could be a condition, prior to purchase. Obviously sG wants as much income as possible but there should be a limit. It would alleviate problems like this which put the whole server at halt as well as decrease the amount of "autism".

Out of curiosity, where in the Complaint Department does it say you can't post in there unless you have evidence?

Maybe they could make it a sticky so people like Aimbot don't come in wicked late and post in there haha

Edited by Travesty

Out of curiosity, where in the Complaint Department does it say you can't post in there unless you have evidence?

Maybe they could make it a sticky so people like Aimbot don't come in wicked late and post in there haha

This is actually a good point

I couldn't find that information in 30 seconds of searching so I doubt some player chosen at random would have any of that information or be willing to look for more than 5 seconds before posting.

Would it be possible to add a default text to the replies for the complaint department that?

Something like "Do not reply to this thread unless you have direct evidence, or have been called out specifically."

There are more elegant word solutions, but yea.

The best part is that Matthew had already posted in the thread multiple times, and one of his two posts (he even double posted in the CD....) was replying to Eddy asking someone to let Matthew know about the thread haha. I mean I get he was trying to help - but again, the rules of the CD are kind of stupid (IMO).

The complaints are not private/locked to people outside of the complaint... Honestly, I think anyone (Especially Veteran level clan members or SOs) that has stuff to contribute should be allowed to post as the current system stands. For example, I have had similar run-ins with Matthew, and as an SO should be able to bring this up in the CD so that they know that it is not just a one time thing. I don't have evidence, but as "a form of staff" as they say we are, I don't see why we can't add in our two cents when it involves the serve we help manage.

IMO Matthew shouldn't have his admin removed, he's typically an alright kid. People egg him on, which we do need to help stop, but he also has to grow a pair and realize even though he has admin, this is still the internet, and he's a little kid and will occasionally be the target of people. As Mark said, he needs to not take what one SO told him for one circumstance as a "rule above all others" if you will. Where he doesn't even try to use common sense, or listen to other admins (Whether they be SO's or not, other admins should be able to help calm a situation).

The best part is that Matthew had already posted in the thread multiple times, and one of his two posts (he even double posted in the CD....) was replying to Eddy asking someone to let Matthew know about the thread haha. I mean I get he was trying to help - but again, the rules of the CD are kind of stupid (IMO).

The complaints are not private/locked to people outside of the complaint... Honestly, I think anyone (Especially Veteran level clan members or SOs) that has stuff to contribute should be allowed to post as the current system stands. For example, I have had similar run-ins with Matthew, and as an SO should be able to bring this up in the CD so that they know that it is not just a one time thing. I don't have evidence, but as "a form of staff" as they say we are, I don't see why we can't add in our two cents when it involves the serve we help manage.

IMO Matthew shouldn't have his admin removed, he's typically an alright kid. People egg him on, which we do need to help stop, but he also has to grow a pair and realize even though he has admin, this is still the internet, and he's a little kid and will occasionally be the target of people. As Mark said, he needs to not take what one SO told him for one circumstance as a "rule above all others" if you will. Where he doesn't even try to use common sense, or listen to other admins (Whether they be SO's or not, other admins should be able to help calm a situation).

I completely agree. I've told someone before that I like him as a player, but not so much as an admin. I even posted on the CD that a talk about his powers is all that should be needed. What upset me most was that he said he could kick people and and server admins (including SO) "can not do shit about it". Like Rootbeer said, ever paidmin has been posted in the CD before and one (documented) incident shouldn't revoke admin privileges. And as someone who has been shit on for being a paidmin, it really does suck. You try your best to help the servers and when people don't agree with you they immediately flame you. It's a gray line when arguing turns into harassing, but when I see people shitting on Matthew I've told them to knock it off.

I agree.