Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrkham

New Ram issues.

So I got new RAM today and I installed it in my computer. I made sure it was running at the right frequency and everything, and proceeded to go into my computer. I looked at the system settings to make sure it was installed right, and it says that 8.00 GB installed, then (2.99 usable). I need to increase the 2.99 usable to the 8 GB I have.

Here is my motherboard for some help:

https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/RAMPAGE_II_GENE/

The RAM I purchased:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

Now in the image below, I have the 2 sticks of RAM installed on the blue RAM slots closest to the CPU Socket. 

t3TdMkO9EzrK8lB2_500.jpg

Any help at all would be wonderful!

Because no one stated it clearly, 32-bit operating systems can only handle 4 GB of memory at max. So why use 32bit operating systems? Well if you ever have a computer with 4GB or less, it will probably run better/faster. In any regard, 64 bit memory limit is like something huge, like 128GB.

Scroll down for details, windows 10 is not listed but assume similar to windows 8.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

In any regard, 64 bit memory limit is like something huge, like 128GB.

Lol.... 128GB really? Try 16EB (thats exabytes)

However, pulling it down to a number we can comprehend due to limitations in the current CPU architecture the limit is around 4TB. This limitation is not because of 64-bit which has a theoretically max of 16EB. The limitation is due to other things going on with how the CPU is designed. 

However, pulling it down to a number we can comprehend due to limitations in the current CPU architecture the limit is around 4TB. This limitation is not because of 64-bit which has a theoretically max of 16EB. The limitation is due to other things going on with how the CPU is designed.

I have finally realized my dream of 16 x 128gb ram sticks in my dual socket motherboard. My dick will be sooo big with 2048 gb of ram.

True, but I was basing it off of known information of limitations placed by Microsoft operating systems. In any regard, 4 TB is a lot of memory that probably could only be seen in extreme server boxes or supercomputers.

I have finally realized my dream of 16 x 128gb ram sticks in my dual socket motherboard. My dick will be sooo big with 2048 gb of ram.

Your dick will always be small. No matter HOW MUCH RAM you have!