Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lv. 100 Garchomp

Killing for not scoring

Alright, I am SURPRISED I am even making this thread.

Scenario: 2 Ts playing soccer. They get told that if one side doesn't score by a set time, both teams die.

They both die because they're good enough to keep the other from scoring.

I get told by a couple of other admins that you can do this since they're wasting time.

...how the HELL is this even true! It's not like climb where it's skill based for the 1 T and that if they can't do it they can't do it. It's a fucking competitive game that if both Ts are good enough the game can go on forever. Tic Tac Toe is the exact same way.

I know you can give a time to complete or die in climb and race because of how they work, but how is it even slightly allowed to give a time to complete or die (OR GET SHARKED) in SOCCER of all games?

COMMON SENSE tells me that this is NOT allowed. Fucking it's not fun for the Ts and it's just finding a way to kill the 2 Ts in a bullshit way just because neither of them are able to score BECAUSE OF the other T. It's not them being inept, it's them being TOO GOOD.

Fucking, there are other ways to kill the Ts. What kind of bullshit is this?

TLDR: Killing both sides of soccer because neither team is able to score by a certain time is BULLSHIT.

I agree. who did this?

Dark Pred and... Frosty were the admins. As for the person that was the CT, I don't know and I can't be bothered to figure out who it is. I am CTing him for the next blatant mess-up he does.

A good warden would just end the game and do another eg like "ur both awsome. trivia for lr" if you can't think of anything else

Never seen this done before, must be a rare case. Anyone who goes through with this is a moron; keep "sharking" for racing games.

I think it should be that if they can't seem to even launch the ball in the right direction or they are just generally dicking around it should be MAYBE warden discretion but otherwise I'd never support killing them and would probably slay the warden

I think it should be that if they can't seem to even launch the ball in the right direction or they are just generally dicking around it should be MAYBE warden discretion but otherwise I'd never support killing them and would probably slay the warden

If it's obvious that they're dicking around, end the game and do something to quickly get rid of the Ts that would have died anyway.

If it's obvious that they're dicking around, end the game and do something to quickly get rid of the Ts that would have died anyway.
http://imgur.com/Bd8rzGR - it's not rocket science. If there are Ts purposely being trolls, end the game and start another that will result in them dying.

Well I'm glad to have an actual call on this. Personally seen it done dozens of times (#noballs2015) by a certain common factor of wardens (#noballz2015) and been the victim of it more than once (#noballs2015?). Yes, a good warden would go and do something else (#bringbacknoballs2015) but there are rather few good wardens that regularly play on the server, other than late at night, for reasons which I assume are related to having responsibilities during the day (#NuBollz2015). Honestly I've just seen it happen so much and seen nothing done about it I assumed it was allowed. Shitty, but allowed.

Well I'm glad to have an actual call on this. Personally seen it done dozens of times (#noballs2015) by a certain common factor of wardens (#noballz2015) and been the victim of it more than once (#noballs2015?). Yes, a good warden would go and do something else (#bringbacknoballs2015) but there are rather few good wardens that regularly play on the server, other than late at night, for reasons which I assume are related to having responsibilities during the day (#NuBollz2015). Honestly I've just seen it happen so much and seen nothing done about it I assumed it was allowed. Shitty, but allowed.

Actually, in the rules it states that you are supposed to keep the game fun and interesting for the Ts. I'm pretty sure this heavily breaks that specific rule. Common sense would tell me that if the 2 teams can't score on the other side you should make them play another game. The main reason I didn't punish the warden is to keep an argument between the admins from continuing on over the server, which I had purposefully moved to admin chat in the first place.

But really, this should PROBABLY not be going on if the reaction of Clamps, COWS, and the the people who have played JB for a long time (years) is anything to go by.

Then again a lot of people in JB don't have common sense so I dunno.

I mean, i'll state this from my point of view. You have two groups of T's trying to score on each other. Punishing them for not being able to score against other equally bad (or good) players is beyond stupid. 

Games like Climb and Race dont have T's preventing other T's from completing it. 

TL;DR - Don't kill T's in a game where they're competing against other T's and no one wins.