Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

war3 supporter races.

This idea has been discussed a few times. Far as I know it is possible but I don't really think there is a complete need as it poses balance problems. Even if the races are balanced perfectly some will complain is the price whatever it may be will be justified for them.

This idea has been discussed a few times. Far as I know it is possible but I don't really think there is a complete need as it poses balance problems. Even if the races are balanced perfectly some will complain is the price whatever it may be will be justified for them.

just dont make them as op as wcs1

Kappa

I don't know how I feel about this. Anything that even slightly resembles pay-2-play is a huge turn off. I strongly believe that one of the most attractive features to newcomers and to our regulars is that you don't have to pay anything to enjoy the full-experience of our server. If we do decide to do some type of pay model for war3, let it be only for cosmetic things.

Edited by HornyCat

Why not do what I suggest ohh I dunno 2-3 years ago and implement a real money store for wcs to where you can buy levels and "premium accounts"  and let the premium races be in the regular rotation/event for like a week just to tease the population into buying premium status. The races don't even have to be stronger or super unique the pure fact of not having access to them creates enough impulse and drive to purchase premium status. Give premium status small bonus like extra money at round start, extra shopmenu slot,reserved server slot(lol).  Look at JT's server he payed his wife's college fund and raised a kid on his premium accounts. 

P.S. I hate this model it's why I actually stopped playing on Joinwcs.(ya I still call it that)

Edited by turbulance

Why not do what I suggest ohh I dunno 2-3 years ago and implement a real money store for wcs to where you can buy levels and "premium accounts"  and let the premium races be in the regular rotation/event for like a week just to tease the population into buying premium status. The races don't even have to be stronger or super unique the pure fact of not having access to them creates enough impulse and drive to purchase premium status. Give premium status small bonus like extra money at round start, extra shopmenu slot,reserved server slot(lol).  Look at JT's server he payed his wife's college fund and raised a kid on his premium accounts. 

P.S. I hate this model it's why I actually stopped playing on Joinwcs.(ya I still call it that)

This isn't the war3 CEG server. What works there might not work here and vice-versa.

I also don't think any of us are trying to pay our wife's college fund and raise a kid with funds from a war3server. Doesn't this situation sound similar to something that happened to sG/UV about 5 years ago?

I was just saying it makes good money and who doesn't love money? instead of sending a wife off and raising a kid you could maybe get better servers and equipment order more pizza's do a variety of things with it. Put it into things that need it.Also its not about working or not working its a concept that is rather simple. Let people buy levels let people have a premium status for perks. Will everyone like it? no. butt fuck it you can't make everyone happy its just as much about the operations as it is about the community.  Give the level purchases a monthly cap or weekly keep the 20 levels cap there the same. Make some races restricted from using level bank there are a variety of ways to manage the system you just have to try and work on it.

Edited by turbulance