Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demonoid

Just bought my first bike :P

The F4i is a legendddddddddddd. I've ridden one twice now, and loved it. It was more comfortable than my 600RR, and honestly didn't feel like it sacrificed much power. Also fuel injection is the bees knees, come out on a cold day, flip that kill switch, hit the starter button, and it just comes to life like every time. You're gonna absolutely love that bike, just be careful with it's speed and weight. Coming off my 250 and going to my 600RR: I laid it down in the dirt one day going wide in a turn because I wasn't used to the weight and how heavy it was, couldn't flick it around like a 250.

EDIT: What is the bike behind it :>

The F4i is a legendddddddddddd. I've ridden one twice now, and loved it. It was more comfortable than my 600RR, and honestly didn't feel like it sacrificed much power. Also fuel injection is the bees knees, come out on a cold day, flip that kill switch, hit the starter button, and it just comes to life like every time. You're gonna absolutely love that bike, just be careful with it's speed and weight. Coming off my 250 and going to my 600RR: I laid it down in the dirt one day going wide in a turn because I wasn't used to the weight and how heavy it was, couldn't flick it around like a 250.

EDIT: What is the bike behind it :>

Ya im going to take baby steps with that thing since it is in mint condition

And that is a cushman scooter i think he said was a 67 not 100 percent sure though that thing looked pretty cool

Looks really nice Demon, I would get a bike myself if the insurances in Norway were unreasonable highly priced for bikes. Also, Norwegian prices for anything with a motor is unreasonable highly priced.

Take care on the roads and wear a helmet!

you're going to kill yourself, on another note it's a nice looking bike (besides the aluminum can for an exhaust)

you're going to kill yourself, on another note it's a nice looking bike (besides the aluminum can for an exhaust)

if hes gonna kill himself with it, might aswell buy a nice looking bike.

No one wants to die riding a piece of shit bike.

ya i kno that can is ugly i dont like big ones sticking out like that so thats why im going to get a coffman shorty exhaust 

Looks really nice Demon, I would get a bike myself if the insurances in Norway were unreasonable highly priced for bikes. Also, Norwegian prices for anything with a motor is unreasonable highly priced.

Take care on the roads and wear a helmet!

Im only paying 55 a month for full coverage and definitely wearing a helmet

if hes gonna kill himself with it, might aswell buy a nice looking bike.

No one wants to die riding a piece of shit bike.

gotta die in style ur right man

make sure you make a post every day... This will be your canary post. If you stop posting then we know that this was a bad purchase for you.

lol need to wait till april 17th thats the 3rd day of my class and then hopefully i pass n get my license

lol need to wait till april 17th thats the 3rd day of my class and then hopefully i pass n get my license

If you're talking about the MSF course don't sweat it, it's extremely hard to fail it. Hell I even crashed one of their bikes lol and they were 250cc but still passed their test the next day. Keep in mind if you drop a bike during the test at all you fail and take it next week. Smart move, lower insurance costs and a lot faster and easier to get your motorcycle endorsement. 

Driving a motorcycle is 10x funner than any car guys, I went from being a sport bike straight to a sport car (350z) and still the power doesn't compare. Bikes are funner but more dangerous as well

Edit: Forgot to mention you're going to drop your bike, it's not a matter of if, but when. I guarantee you will because everyone does so have some money to buy new fairings or if you're lucky just a new paintjob and some bondo which could run you around $800 depending on how many parts are scuffed up (if you choose not to use insurance).

If you're talking about the MSF course don't sweat it, it's extremely hard to fail it. Hell I even crashed one of their bikes lol and they were 250cc but still passed their test the next day. Keep in mind if you drop a bike during the test at all you fail and take it next week. Smart move, lower insurance costs and a lot faster and easier to get your motorcycle endorsement. 

Driving a motorcycle is 10x funner than any car guys, I went from being a sport bike straight to a sport car (350z) and still the power doesn't compare. Bikes are funner but more dangerous as well

Edit: Forgot to mention you're going to drop your bike, it's not a matter of if, but when. I guarantee you will because everyone does so have some money to buy new fairings or if you're lucky just a new paintjob and some bondo which could run you around $800 depending on how many parts are scuffed up (if you choose not to use insurance).

I honestly kinda worry for anybody that drops a bike on their test for MSF and fails. Like maybe you shouldn't be riding a motorcycle at all, it's pretty stupid easy to pass the final test...

As for dropping your bike, yeah, it'll happen, here's all the mods to look at to protect yo shiiiiiit.

Stunt cages, engine cages, subcages, etc. These protect your bike very well in low speed accidents, but in highspeed ones, the bars sticking out can get caught on things in the road and cause the bike to flip, making damage to the bike much worse than if had just slid.

EX for your bike:

http://www.thestuntfactory.com/siinhof4if4c.html

Engine covers/guards. You can get guards the fit over the side of your engine case, they normally come as stator side and clutch/engine side. You mostly likely wont use these for your bike because you have full fairings that cover the sides of the engine

Frame Sliders. These are pucks that go on the sides of your bike. They are normally mounted through an existing bolt somewhere on the frame. These will protect the upper portions of your fairings from damage in a low speed accident, but again, they do carry the slight chance they might catch on something, and cause the bike to go into a spin. They can also cause bends in your frame by being hit and bent in an accident. These however are very popular because most of the time they DO SAVE THE BIKE. Most of their inherent problems don't start happening until you're having high speed crashes, which most would argue would be an accident that totals the bike anyway.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shogun-frame-sliders-honda-cbr600-f4f4i-1999-2007

Bar End Sliders. They're either aluminum or delrin normally, weighted or non weighted. weighted bar ends definitely do help cut down on vibration transmitted to your hands, if on long rides you are finding yourself with numb hands, slap some weight bar end sliders on and notice the difference, they're definitely worth getting.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-bar-end-sliders

If worse comes to worse and through all that you STILL manage to fuck up your fairings, don't cry, the Chinese will save the day. There is an ebay seller Auchtmarts, who now also has his own website who sells full fairing kits for bikes for around $500 for a complete set (This is stupid cheap, a factory set can be as much as 3k). You can even custom order them with color kits, logos, and even adding/re/moving individual stickers.

http://gundamhost.com/auctmarts/shop/

I honestly kinda worry for anybody that drops a bike on their test for MSF and fails. Like maybe you shouldn't be riding a motorcycle at all, it's pretty stupid easy to pass the final test...

As for dropping your bike, yeah, it'll happen, here's all the mods to look at to protect yo shiiiiiit.

Stunt cages, engine cages, subcages, etc. These protect your bike very well in low speed accidents, but in highspeed ones, the bars sticking out can get caught on things in the road and cause the bike to flip, making damage to the bike much worse than if had just slid.

EX for your bike:

http://www.thestuntfactory.com/siinhof4if4c.html

Engine covers/guards. You can get guards the fit over the side of your engine case, they normally come as stator side and clutch/engine side. You mostly likely wont use these for your bike because you have full fairings that cover the sides of the engine

Frame Sliders. These are pucks that go on the sides of your bike. They are normally mounted through an existing bolt somewhere on the frame. These will protect the upper portions of your fairings from damage in a low speed accident, but again, they do carry the slight chance they might catch on something, and cause the bike to go into a spin. They can also cause bends in your frame by being hit and bent in an accident. These however are very popular because most of the time they DO SAVE THE BIKE. Most of their inherent problems don't start happening until you're having high speed crashes, which most would argue would be an accident that totals the bike anyway.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shogun-frame-sliders-honda-cbr600-f4f4i-1999-2007

Bar End Sliders. They're either aluminum or delrin normally, weighted or non weighted. weighted bar ends definitely do help cut down on vibration transmitted to your hands, if on long rides you are finding yourself with numb hands, slap some weight bar end sliders on and notice the difference, they're definitely worth getting.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-bar-end-sliders

If worse comes to worse and through all that you STILL manage to fuck up your fairings, don't cry, the Chinese will save the day. There is an ebay seller Auchtmarts, who now also has his own website who sells full fairing kits for bikes for around $500 for a complete set (This is stupid cheap, a factory set can be as much as 3k). You can even custom order them with color kits, logos, and even adding/re/moving individual stickers.

http://gundamhost.com/auctmarts/shop/

Frame sliders are a life savers in most situations except for mine :( 

78sU1cs.jpg

This happened awhile ago, hit a curb at an awkward angle. Bike was fixed up and then sold recently to help buy my car. The frame sliders were cut ones and held up quite nice but I hit a curb while taking a turn too fast (in my mind) and froze up because the bike would definitely be able to handle the turn if I wasn't such a novice rider when I took it. I was in a group ride and pushed my limits

Don't push your limits Demonoid, bad shit will happen if you do so be careful 

Yea i kno there is a possibility that im going to drop it but all of my friends paint cars for a living same as my brother so no sweat on that factor

Picking it up saturday with my buddys truck and hauling back to my house were it will sit for the next month till i get my license

Love it. I Would get One too if insurances in Denmark wasn't that expensive :/ most bikes here Are considered superbikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! 3K miles? Did the dude even get on the thing? Beautiful bike, the f4i is notorious for bad cam chain tension-ers so replace that asap.

The guy i bought it from got it in a trade from an older dude that had ocd so he proly barely rode it, kept good care of it and didnt do too much too it since its stock and get some new wheels with it too : )

So i passed my msf class got 100 percent on ridden and 3 wrong on written 

Good, got a 100 on mine as well and missed none on the test.The MSF course is next to sleeping on how easy it is

Ya the only thing taht i thought was going to give me a problem was the 2 u turns in the box but everyone including me did it.  Just have to wait 2-4 weeks till i get my waiver and ill b cruising around : PPPP

Ya the only thing taht i thought was going to give me a problem was the 2 u turns in the box but everyone including me did it.  Just have to wait 2-4 weeks till i get my waiver and ill b cruising around : PPPP

had the same issue, I could never do it until it was test time and I nailed it for the first time