Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodhound

Just finished Deathnote

The ending for Death Note just blew my mind.

Also, you should watch Another if you haven't watched it already.

What'd you think of Near? I didn't like him at all and I've heard a lot of people say the same.

(yes watch Another)

I remember when this was coming out and watching it, I think Lelouch vi Britannia came out prior to that as well. That or I watched that first before I got into Death Note. I totally was burned out of super smart main characters when I got to Death Note.

My opinion on the ending: 

Mind you my thoughts are vague because I haven't watched the series in a while nor have I watched it a second time. Don't get me wrong it was good but to me the series was over when L died/killed. Showing off that Kira was completely insane was nice but expected. Best part of it all was that it was all for the entertainment of the shinigami. I mean, instead of killing people like he'd would of done normally to keep living forever. He let someone else do it for him, as entertainment.

Man, I really didn't like that they threw Near and Mellow into the show, it kind of feels forced. I dunno it was really nice to see Light go crazy in the end. 

On 3/14/2015 at 11:13 PM, Bloodhound said:

Man, I really didn't like that they threw Near and Mellow into the show, it kind of feels forced. I dunno it was really nice to see Light go crazy in the end. 

I never really like Near being L's successor or supposedly better than L. Near came in near the end and caught Light with some idiot who wasn't as smart. 

I really do think it ended when L died, the whole idea was Light versus L and seeing it turn into Light v Near was strange.

The ending was very good in my opinion, gotta love Ryuk keeping true to what he told Light.

1 minute ago, Dr Pepper said:

show got stale after L dies

Very true, after the main conflict was over there was no point in continuing with Light's spiral into insanity.