Sign in to follow this  
Battlecrab

Shadow Lurker

I love to play lurker. However, I feel that is is more of a gimmick much of the time rather than a truly viable race to play in a team setting.

I have a few suggestions (not suggesting that all be taken but some)

- Increase base health to 35. This way, a lurker has a fighting chance if found but is still dead in two hits

- Give lurker chance to choose between P2000 and USP. This may sound stupid but I find its much hard playing lurker with the USP rather than p2000.

- Give lurker a flying skill like kirin tor so it can surprise enemies more effectively

- Give lurker permanent low grav. I don't feel it is fair for lurker to have to buy it to get to anywhere decent to pick people off from

- Perhaps a critical hit skill (like agent) which rewards headshot accuracy

- An escape ability that gives lurker some invuln time to run away

Thanks,

Battlecrab

I love to play lurker. However, I feel that is is more of a gimmick much of the time rather than a truly viable race to play in a team setting.

I have a few suggestions (not suggesting that all be taken but some)

- Increase base health to 35. This way, a lurker has a fighting chance if found but is still dead in two hits

- Give lurker chance to choose between P2000 and USP. This may sound stupid but I find its much hard playing lurker with the USP rather than p2000.

- Give lurker a flying skill like kirin tor so it can surprise enemies more effectively

- Give lurker permanent low grav. I don't feel it is fair for lurker to have to buy it to get to anywhere decent to pick people off from

- Perhaps a critical hit skill (like agent) which rewards headshot accuracy

- An escape ability that gives lurker some invuln time to run away

Thanks,

Battlecrab

Damn man, have you been smoking that new years blunt or something?

Edited by HornyCat

The issue with Shadow Lurker can be likened to Bloodseeker from Dota 2. At the end of the day, it isn't a very effective choice, but buffing it presents a problem that any newer player on the server is going to be absolutely fucked. Shadow Lurker is already OP to new players, it just seems like a bad idea to make that even worse.

It is a good camping race that's true but I think that it deserves a few tweaks. Being able to stomach a second hit would be a huge difference alongside low gravity and at the very least, immunity to roots.

Lurker is fine, you can't play it like any other race.

It's viable on a lot of maps.

It's the best ninja diffuser

Does decent damage

Now, about that Sin race...

Now this is the real issue over here. We finally get a dedicated desert eagle race besides Remelia Scarlet, and it fucking blows smoke out the ass. Please look at this race or buff it. Do something to it. It is such a mess in its current state.

Edited by HornyCat

SIN was awesome when shopwhoring was super prevalent.

You pretty much 1shot anyone stacked with 5 items with a bodyshot.

Now that shop whoring is much more difficult and much more uncommon for people to even have 3 items per round it doesn't get nearly as much bonus.

Shadow Lurker: Get the Expertise, ask someone to get on holy paladin or priest or yeah like coolness said have a trinity stab you.

Maybe a low grav expertise would be nice for the hardcore SL players.

(I personally hate the race, p250 agent is much more fair and fun personally)

I also can't see any real reason to do anything to SL... it's perfect how it is. You're right, it's frustrating only having 5 base hp as you can get dinked and deaded easily all the time. This is the point in the race though, adds that level of danger and fun to the whole thing.

The only thing I'd personally prefer to see is a clip extender as standard but that is purely out of me being lazy and not because I think it'd benefit anybody else. 

SIN was awesome when shopwhoring was super prevalent.

jesus fucking christ is that actually a compliment about one of my races holy shit that's goin on the fridge

Yeah, I'm looking at some sin buffs right now. I'm running into some inexplicable issues with code not working for no apparent reason so...

struggle is real