Sign in to follow this  
Madmartigan

Jews

Wow, once again people put this shit up on our forums without even giving any context to this. You cant just go and say that Jews are better than muslims without any context. Look at where were talking about here. This is the middle east that has been at war for thousands of years. They didn't even have republics (if you want to call it that) until the 50s and 60s. Sure no Jew has bombed a Church, but how many have foreclosed one? (woot 1000th post)

Fianlly someone on my side, i'm jewish. Don't say were better than other people though, everyone is diferent and everyone is unique. So don't make someone look better than anyone else please, everyone got strenght in different aspects

Guest some fag

Good thing CC90 isn't here- he would have a hissy fit.

I just think we should either nuke the entire middle east, or we should just let the Israelis do what they want to(aka nuke all the arabs). Sounds like a cesspool of destruction. My kinda party.

I just think we should either nuke the entire middle east, or we should just let the Israelis do what they want to(aka nuke all the arabs). Sounds like a cesspool of destruction. My kinda party.

I'm with you on this.

Here's a conclusion: No matter what group it is, extremists are fucking stupid.

Agreed

the reason jews dont promote mass murders or bombings or terrorist attacks, is because we have suffered from them, and we dont want others to feel the same.

you guys forget the real victims of the crusades?

the jews were killed by both sides for either target practice or as an opposition in the way.

and your picture of 1946 Palestine is not totally accurate.

this was the jewish lands before the Diaspora.

israel_map.jpg

and to anarchy, england was a monarchy till the 50's, and still has a reigning queen. so i dont see your point about they never had a republic till the 50's

Man. Why can't the world get there heads back together. And put aside our religious beliefs and treat each other as we would treat our selves.

Why do we have to fight...

Fight without war. Fight without deaths. Fight without hatred.

Only then will we reach utopia

Guest starscream
Utopia is impossible trust me, not every single person could get along, and never be rebellious or anything.

BRAINWAVES. THATS THE ANSWER!

Utopia is impossible trust me, not every single person could get along, and never be rebellious or anything.

That was my bad. I didn't mean to say utopia. I meant to say.

Why do we need to fight. Why do people need more power..

Blinded by power to see the path of destruction they have made

There's never going to be life without conflict with arms. It just won't happen because we as humans aren't harmonious by nature. We fight to get what we want, with violence if thats the case, just like every other animal on this planet. The ability to think beyond simple instincts hasn't distanced us from that. In any case, I have so much respect for those of the Jewish faith. No matter where they go they are prejudiced and hated for no reason other than their set of beliefs which don't even promote violence. Yet EVERYWHERE they have lived they have established themselves as very necessary parts of their communities and taken part in solving the problems of a world that ever seeks to put them down.

Guest Fohacidal

With the way humans are, organization is needed, to be honest (it might be the way I grew up) but I cant envision a world that I would be happier in then the capitalist representative democracy I live in now. I love my life and Im not taking it for granted, neither should you guys. Appreciate that the people we have in power arent starving us and are still allowing us our natural rights, something millions of people wish for every night.

With the way humans are, organization is needed, to be honest (it might be the way I grew up) but I cant envision a world that I would be happier in then the capitalist representative democracy I live in now. I love my life and Im not taking it for granted, neither should you guys. Appreciate that the people we have in power arent starving us and are still allowing us our natural rights, something millions of people wish for every night.

Except there are very poor families and starving families in our capitalist society. You just happen to be at the other end of the spectrum.

Guest Fohacidal
Except there are very poor families and starving families in our capitalist society. You just happen to be at the other end of the spectrum.

They arent starving, dont exaggerate, Iv been dirt poor before, and I know 2 families who are at this moment, one of which I happen to be one of their closest friends, in any other type of society they would be worse off and the only liberty they would have is that to hope.

Yet again this topic has gone way off target. Phoenix, I wasn't belittling muslims by this thread, just praising jews. If you read down after the list of nobel prize winners the email talks about what muslims need to do to produce more peaceful people.

Anyway, on to throwing this thread more off topic...

Anyone can make their lives good in America...Let me tell you a story. I grew up with 4 sisters and 2 brothers...My dad was a teacher in one of the worst public school systems in the US. When he quit after 22 years he was still making less than $30,000 a year while feeding and providing for a family of 9. He never once accepted food stamps or took government aid. For 12 of those years he had a gymnastics business that broke even more often than not, maybe made a total of $20,000 during that 12 years period. About 9 years ago he decided to move his business and buy his own building. Now he makes right around half a million a year and lives in an 8500 square foot mansion. The key to making your life good isn't being handed anything, especially in this country...It's about persevering and working hard. "Starving" families have little or no excuse to be so in America.

Guest Fohacidal
Yet again this topic has gone way off target. Phoenix, I wasn't belittling muslims by this thread, just praising jews. If you read down after the list of nobel prize winners the email talks about what muslims need to do to produce more peaceful people.

Anyone can make their lives good in America...Let me tell you a story. I grew up with 4 sisters and 2 brothers...My dad was a teacher in one of the worst public school systems in the US. When he quit after 22 years he was still making less than $30,000 a year while feeding and providing for a family of 9. He never once accepted food stamps or took government aid. For 12 of those years he had a gymnastics business that broke even more often than not, maybe made a total of $20,000 during that 12 years period. About 9 years ago he decided to move his business and buy his own building. Now he makes right around half a million a year and lives in an 8500 square foot mansion. The key to making your life good isn't being handed anything, especially in this country...It's about persevering and working hard. "Starving" families have little or no excuse to be so in America.

Well said, you and I are examples of this, although I didnt play a major part, after my dad served in the Army and came back before the end of the First Gulf War we were dirt poor, and my sister and I literally had to sleep on 1 matress in a run down apartment while my parents had the floor. My dad however worked his way up and never took any easy ways out, eventually his work was noticed and he is where is today because of his sacrifices. I live the life I do now because the country I live in allows for hard work to be rewarded. UNLIKE communism

In truth, this is what they call "Living the American Dream", starting with nothing, and making something out of it.

They arent starving, dont exaggerate, Iv been dirt poor before, and I know 2 families who are at this moment, one of which I happen to be one of their closest friends, in any other type of society they would be worse off and the only liberty they would have is that to hope.

Maybe it's because you live in Texas and not a big city, but there are a lot of people who are VERY hungry.

i didnt know homeless people had so much food. they must act starving all the time, because as you say, no one in america is starving. and madmartigan you had it better than millions of people in this country.

36 million people live here that make less than 20,000 a year. but thats there fault isnt it. they chose to be poor. they choose to not have health insurance, they choose to eat only on somedays, they choose to screpe the barrel everyday, they choose to have bad credit, they choose to be looked down upon. yea, that has to be it.

Guest Fohacidal
i didnt know homeless people had so much food. they must act starving all the time, because as you say, no one in america is starving. and madmartigan you had it better than millions of people in this country.

36 million people live here that make less than 20,000 a year. but thats there fault isnt it. they chose to be poor. they choose to not have health insurance, they choose to eat only on somedays, they choose to screpe the barrel everyday, they choose to have bad credit, they choose to be looked down upon. yea, that has to be it.

Your very cynical about the government and the middle class on up. But your right, people choose the fate the ride on. In this day and age you can be born into poverty, born into a low social class, but can come out of it. People take freedoms for granted, and one obvious one is the freedom to work hard and prosper from it. Sure people can work 3 jobs just to get out of bad credit, but whos fault is the BAD CREDIT, its certainly isnt mine, and the government isnt charging things like expensive clothing and useless luxuries on their credit cards.

You overbloat things, you act as if the government is the root of everyone's problems, well I said it once and Ill say it again ross, if you have such a problem with this nation then to put it kindly, get the hell out.

People like martigan and I are living testament to the fact the american dream is always possible, all you need is motivation, initiative and lots of hard work. You reap what you sow...

Your very cynical about the government and the middle class on up. But your right, people choose the fate the ride on. In this day and age you can be born into poverty, born into a low social class, but can come out of it. People take freedoms for granted, and one obvious one is the freedom to work hard and prosper from it. Sure people can work 3 jobs just to get out of bad credit, but whos fault is the BAD CREDIT, its certainly isnt mine, and the government isnt charging things like expensive clothing and useless luxuries on their credit cards.

You overbloat things, you act as if the government is the root of everyone's problems, well I said it once and Ill say it again ross, if you have such a problem with this nation then to put it kindly, get the hell out.

People like martigan and I are living testament to the fact the american dream is always possible, all you need is motivation, initiative and lots of hard work. You reap what you sow...

No, not people like me, people like my father. I'm hoping to make my own success story soon. But yes foh, motivation, initiative and shitloads of hard work are definitely the stepping stones to success.

Ross, you need to realize that my dad didn't come from anything...Consider again that it took him 22 years to make 30,000, he sure as shit didn't start there. Foh is right though, it isn't anybody's fault but their own that they are in a bad spot. A very, VERY small percentage of those in poverty have an excuse to be there. They lost their life savings, or had to pay for some surgery that took all they had, they made a bad deal. But no, most people in poverty today are there because they started their lives out looking at a society that provided handouts. It's a shitload easier to sit on your ass and wait for a check to come than it is to go to work. That is the problem, not our government, not the upper class...You know who dominates the upper class?? People who were born into the lower one, but they chose to get out of it.

I did have it better than millions in this country, I had parents that gave a shit about how I grew up and that is better than having parents with money. Does that mean my parents had an easy life? Does it mean they weren't challenged every single day? Fuck no!! If you factor out those who choose to sit on their asses, I lived at the bottom of the lower class...Don't look at it as "his familie's combined income was $30k" because then you are ignoring the fact that I had 6 other siblings. Seriously, take your cynicism elsewhere

There are so many other factors than just being (what I perceive you calling poverty-class Americans) lazy. I cant speak too much on the issue now, next semester I'll be taking a class that delves into this subject in particular, but seriously, there are factors like race and able-bodiedness that play a role in this too. I'm not saying that there aren't people who are starving because they LIKE living off of welfare, and I'm not saying that America isnt a country where entrepreneurs can prosper, but there are people who just can't climb out of the hole that is poverty.