Sign in to follow this  
Madmartigan

Jews

I received this email today, I thought it was pretty interesting...I checked a decent amount of the names and they check out...

The global Islamic population is approximately 1,200,000,000, or 20%

of the world population. They have received the following Nobel

Prizes:

LITERATURE:

1988 - Najib Mahfooz

PEACE:

1978 - Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat

1994 - Yaser Arafat:

1990 - Elias James Corey

1999 - Ahmed Zewa

ECONOMICS (none)

MEDICINE

1960 - Peter Brian Medawar

1998 - Ferid Mourad

The Global Jewish population is approximately 14,000,000, or about

0.02% of the world population. They have received the following Nobel

Prizes:

LITERATURE:

1910 - Paul Heyse

1927 - Henri Bergson

1958 - Boris Pasternak

1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon

1966 - Nelly Sachs

1976 - Saul Bellow

1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer

1981 - Elias Canetti

1987 - Joseph Brodsky

1991 - Nadine Gordimer World

PEACE:

1911 - Alfred Fried

1911 - Tobias Michael Carel Asser

1968 - Rene Cassin

1973 - Henry Kissinger

1978 - Menachem Begin

1986 - Elie Wiesel

1994 - Shimon Peres

1994 - Yitzhak Rabin

PHYSICS:

1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer

1906 - Henri Moissan

1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson

1908 - Gabriel Lippmann

1910 - Otto Wallach

1915 - Richard Willstaetter

1918 - Fritz Haber

1921 - Albert Einstein

1922 - Niels Bohr

1925 - James Franck

1925 - Gustav Hertz

1943 - Gustav Stern

1943 - George Charles de Hevesy

1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi

1952 - Felix Bloc h

1954 - Max Born

1958 - Igor Tamm

1959 - Emilio Segre

1960 - Donald A. Glaser

1961 - Robert Hofstadter

1961 - Melvin Calvin

1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau

1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz

1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman

1965 - Julian Schwinger

1969 - Murray Gell-Mann

1971 - Dennis Gabor

197 2 - William Howard Stein

1973 - Brian David Josephson

1975 - Benjamin Mottleson

1976 - Burton Richter

1977 - Ilya Prigogine

1978 - Arno Allan Penzias

1978 - Peter L Kapitza

1979 - Stephen Weinberg

1979 - Sheldon Glashow

1979 - Herbert Charle s Brown

1980 - Paul Berg

1980 - Walter Gilbert

1981 - Roald Hoffmann

1982 - Aaron Klug

1985 - Albert A. Hauptman

1985 - Jerome Karle

1986 - Dudley R. Herschbach

1988 - Robert Huber

1988 - Leon Lederman

1988 - Melvin Schwartz

1988 - Jack Steinberger

1989 - Sidney Altman

1990 - Jerome Friedman

1992 - Rudolph Marcus

1995 - Martin Perl

2000 - Alan J. Heeger

ECONOMICS:

1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson

1971 - Simon Kuznets

1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow

1975 - Leonid Kantorovich

1976 - Milton Friedman

1978 - Herbert A. Simon

1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein

1985 - Franco Modigliani

1987 - Robert M. Solow

1990 - Harry Markowitz

1990 - Merton Miller

1992 - Gary Becker

1993 - Robert Fogel

MEDICINE:

1908 - Elie Metchnikoff

1908 - Paul Erlich

1914 - Robert Barany

1922 - Otto Meyerhof

1930 - Karl Landsteiner

1931 - Otto Warburg

1936 - Otto Loewi

1944 - Joseph Erlanger

1944 - Herbert Spencer Gasser

1945 - Ernst Boris Chain

1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller

1950 - Tadeus Reichstein

1952 - Selman Abra ham Waksman

1953 - Hans Krebs

1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann

1958 - Joshua Lederberg

1959 - Arthur Kornberg

1964 - Konrad Bloch

1965 - Francois Jaco b

1965 - Andre Lwoff

1967 - George Wald

1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg

1969 - Salvador Luria

1970 - Julius Axelrod

1970 - Sir Bernard Katz

1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman

1975 - Howard Martin Temin

19 76 - Baruch S. Blumberg

1977 - Roselyn Sussman Yalow

1978 - Daniel Nathans

1980 - Baruj Benacerraf

1984 - Cesar Milstein

1985 - Michael Stuart Brown

1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein

1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]

1988 - Gertrude Elion

1989 - Harold Varmus

1991 - Erwin Neher

1991 - Bert Sakmann

1993 - Richard J. Roberts

1993 - Phillip Sharp

1994 - Alfred Gilman

1995 - Edward B. Lewis

The Jews are not promoting brain washing the children in military

training camps, teaching them how to blow themselves up and cause

maximum deaths of Jews and other non-Muslims!

The Jews don't hijack planes, nor kill athletes at the Olympics, or

blow themselves up in German restaurants. There is not a single Jew

that has destroyed a church. There is not a single Jew that protests

by killing people.

The Jews don't traffic slaves, nor have leaders calling for Jihad and

death to all the Infidels.

Perhaps the world's Muslims should consider investing more in

standard education and less in blaming the Jews for all their

problems. Muslims must ask "what can they do for humankind", before

they demand that humankind respects them!!

Regardless of your feelings about the crisis between Israel and the

Palestinians and Arab neighbors, even if you believe there is more

culpability on Israel's part, the following two sentences really say

it all:

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.

If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel.

Guest Fohacidal
If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.

If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel.

Very powerful sentences, nice email

Thank you sir, I happen to agree. It amazes me that a miniscule amount of people in comparrison to the muslims were able to outnumber their nobel prize winners by an exponential amount

Guest Fohacidal

Why do you think the Jews have been the world's scapegoats for so long?

I dont pity the Jews, but seriously the world would be a lot better if everyone stopped messing around with them, I mean jew jokes are fine, but violence in the middle east...

You know what the world would be a better place without muslims, I mean, not all of them, but if the entire middle east except Israel just became void of all life, the world would be a better place.

No doubt foh. I'm not one to condone genocide, but if that religion was uprooted and destroyed the world would be much more peaceful. I read this under one of the Wafa Sultan videos on youtube.

"Christian martyr; I'll die for what I believe in..."

"Jewish martyr; I'll die for what I believe in...."

"Muslim martyr; YOU'll die for what I believe in..."

"islam is EVIL"

Guest starscream
No doubt foh. I'm not one to condone genocide, but if that religion was uprooted and destroyed the world would be much more peaceful. I read this under one of the Wafa Sultan videos on youtube.

"Christian martyr; I'll die for what I believe in..."

"Jewish martyr; I'll die for what I believe in...."

"Muslim martyr; YOU'll die for what I believe in..."

"islam is EVIL"

While I agree on the point your quote makes you must admit the following is more appropriate:

Muslim 'martyr': "You AND I while die for what I believe in..."

They are not afraid to blow themselves up to kill us, as everyone is quite aware

Guest Fohacidal
While I agree on the point your quote makes you must admit the following is more appropriate:

Muslim 'martyr': "You AND I while die for what I believe in..."

They are not afraid to blow themselves up to kill us, as everyone is quite aware

True

I am tickled senseless by the fact that this propagandist e-mail immediately draws conclusions that if you are Muslim, you must be Arab.

Here's the source of your e-mail: http://www.jewishmag.com/99mag/nobel/nobel.htm

Now let's look at a compilation of data from different sources like the CIA World Factbook...

Excluding India, China, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Turkey, how many Muslims are there in "Asia..."

Approximately 440 million (one third, give or take).

Source: http://www.islamicpopulation.com/asia_general.html

Conclusion: If Muslims laid down their arms, you would still have White Christians and Jews out to conquer their land in the name of promoting peace and democracy.

If Israel laid down their arms, Palestine would take back land unfairly stolen from them by the UN General Assembly.

I am tickled senseless by the fact that this propagandist e-mail immediately draws conclusions that if you are Muslim, you must be Arab.

Here's the source of your e-mail: http://www.jewishmag.com/99mag/nobel/nobel.htm

Now let's look at a compilation of data from different sources like the CIA World Factbook...

Excluding India, China, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Turkey, how many Muslims are there in "Asia..."

Approximately 440 million (one third, give or take).

Source: http://www.islamicpopulation.com/asia_general.html

Conclusion: If Muslims laid down their arms, you would still have White Christians and Jews out to conquer their land in the name of promoting peace and democracy.

If Israel laid down their arms, Palestine would take back land unfairly stolen from them by the UN General Assembly.

Exactly which part of the email is "propaganda?" There is truth in the numbers, none were exaggerated. The word "arabs" describes the area islam comes from, an area which is predominately muslim...It's a misnomer but it doesn't make anything false.

How exactly did you draw a conclusion out of anything you said? Not a single word from your post was aimed at proving any point other than saying that there are 440 million muslims in asia (excluding the countries you named.) No point was proven, an assumption was made, thus no conclusion of yours is valid in that post.

If you look at the facts, you will see that the jews DO NOT kill because they disagree, they DO NOT use terrorism, and they most certainly DO NOT try and force their opinions on others. Palestine has NO claim to the holy land...Am I to believe that the war-mongering jews [major sarcasm] are preventing an offensive force from "taking back" the land?

White christians and jews...pretty racist coming from a liberal, the affiliation that I thought was aimed at "ending racism"...What difference does it make if the christian or jew is white, black, asian, hispanic, arabic??? Apparently there is a huge difference, cause the black/asian/hispanic/arabic christians aren't nearly as bad as the white ones according to your post. Don't assume things to trash this thread...

Exactly which part of the email is "propaganda?" There is truth in the numbers, none were exaggerated. The word "arabs" describes the area islam comes from, an area which is predominately muslim...It's a misnomer but it doesn't make anything false.

No, but numbers were certainly downplayed. There are more than six Nobel Prize winners in the history of the award... Here's a few others that weren't on that list:

Muhammad Yunus - Peace

Orhan Pamuk - Literature

Mohamed ElBaradei - Peace

Still paling in comparison, but what can you expect in a current world climate that hates Islam?

How exactly did you draw a conclusion out of anything you said? Not a single word from your post was aimed at proving any point other than saying that there are 440 million muslims in asia (excluding the countries you named.) No point was proven, an assumption was made, thus no conclusion of yours is valid in that post.

I was fitting in line with the original post, my "conclusion" is as stupid as the "two sentences [that] really say it all."

It tries to draw some sort of ridiculous correlation between the number of Nobel Prizes a religion / race has won and how violent they are.

If you look at the facts, you will see that the jews DO NOT kill because they disagree, they DO NOT use terrorism, and they most certainly DO NOT try and force their opinions on others. Palestine has NO claim to the holy land...Am I to believe that the war-mongering jews [major sarcasm] are preventing an offensive force from "taking back" the land?

If YOU look at the facts, you will see that Muslims DO NOT kill because they disagree, they DO NOT use terrorism, and they most certainly DO NOT try and force their opinions on others. Muslim EXTREMISTS will, but MUSLIMS do not. Palestine has EVERY RIGHT to the Holy Land-- it was controlled by Palestinians before the UN, not considering the ethnic make-up of the area, decided to partition land out for the Jewish diaspora to reside in. Here's how things looked in 1946:

Map5_OwnerShip.gif

White christians and jews...pretty racist coming from a liberal, the affiliation that I thought was aimed at "ending racism"...What difference does it make if the christian or jew is white, black, asian, hispanic, arabic??? Apparently there is a huge difference, cause the black/asian/hispanic/arabic christians aren't nearly as bad as the white ones according to your post. Don't assume things to trash this thread...

Please, the idea of ending racism is something chased after by naive activists-- you can not end racism. Xenophobia is inherent in human nature, there is no denying it. And you, Mr. "Look at the numbers!" should agree that WHITE Christians have been the more outspoken ones promoting violence against those who aren't like them.

Guest starscream

Lets not forget christianity has its own extremists, and while they currently aren't violent, they do spread hate: www.godhatesfags.com , I'm sure most of you have heard of the WBC and I'm sure their have been threads on them. Don't even get me started on them, I cant believe no ones put at least some of them in their graves already.

DKxRB4qvHrQ

Lets not forget christianity has its own extremists, and while they currently aren't violent, they do spread hate: www.godhatesfags.com , I'm sure most of you have heard of the WBC and I'm sure their have been threads on them. Don't even get me started on them, I cant believe no ones put at least some of them in their graves already.

DKxRB4qvHrQ

Good call ^_^

I see your point...calling all muslims evil is obviously flawed, the vast majority are peaceful. But you can't argue against how much violence is caused in the name of the islamic "allah." There are many quotes from their quran that encourage war. I'm not overlooking the fact that there are extremists christians who do stupid things, I was just answering your statements regarding how the 2 sentences were "flawed." If you look at the history of the religion, only 10 years after its foundation, Muhammed and his followers began waging wars that lasted for hundreds of year. For what? To "cleanse" the region of imposters...people who had been living hand in hand with them from years before. The religion, while no doubt good in its intention, was built on war.

Your map of the holy land around the WWII era is correct, but what was it like before then? Wars over who controls that region have been going on since the death of Jesus, just like the occupation shifts. Jews are content with sharing the area, muslims are not...that is the truth of the matter.

My remark about racism was uncalled for, although if I were black and you had said "black christians" I bet it would've been on the news...lol.

The world didn't hate islam prior to the late 90's...The world wasn't overly concerned with bombings and terrorist acts in the name of Allah. One of my best friends growing up (he moved during high school) was muslim, in 9th grade ('98) he became victim to alot of prejudice because of his religion...I think thats when the world, or at least the American attitude towards muslims became an angry one

The world didn't hate islam prior to the late 90's...The world wasn't overly concerned with bombings and terrorist acts in the name of Allah. One of my best friends growing up (he moved during high school) was muslim, in 9th grade ('98) he became victim to alot of prejudice because of his religion...I think thats when the world, or at least the American attitude towards muslims became an angry one

Intolerance of Muslims has been around for hundreds of years, what do you call the Crusades? It hasn't been in the United States until recently, we are a relatively young country, but it has been around for quite some time.

Intolerance of Muslims has been around for hundreds of years, what do you call the Crusades? It hasn't been in the United States until recently, we are a relatively young country, but it has been around for quite some time.

The crusades weren't about hatred towards the muslims, they were first about stopped the muslims spread into central Europe. They returned as an answer to the lack of nationality and boredom the Europeans were feeling (quite a bad reason...). The crusades really did begin as a defensive attack against the invading muslims. It wasn't ever about intolerance though.

And yes, we are a very young country. I will not argue against that for a second, I mean I'm not that dumb...give me some credit man ;)

Guest Fohacidal
I see your point...calling all muslims evil is obviously flawed, the vast majority are peaceful. But you can't argue against how much violence is caused in the name of the islamic "allah." There are many quotes from their quran that encourage war. I'm not overlooking the fact that there are extremists christians who do stupid things, I was just answering your statements regarding how the 2 sentences were "flawed." If you look at the history of the religion, only 10 years after its foundation, Muhammed and his followers began waging wars that lasted for hundreds of year. For what? To "cleanse" the region of imposters...people who had been living hand in hand with them from years before. The religion, while no doubt good in its intention, was built on war.

Your map of the holy land around the WWII era is correct, but what was it like before then? Wars over who controls that region have been going on since the death of Jesus, just like the occupation shifts. Jews are content with sharing the area, muslims are not...that is the truth of the matter.

My remark about racism was uncalled for, although if I were black and you had said "black christians" I bet it would've been on the news...lol.

The crusades weren't about hatred towards the muslims, they were first about stopped the muslims spread into central Europe. They returned as an answer to the lack of nationality and boredom the Europeans were feeling (quite a bad reason...). The crusades really did begin as a defensive attack against the invading muslims. It wasn't ever about intolerance though.

And yes, we are a very young country. I will not argue against that for a second, I mean I'm not that dumb...give me some credit man ;)

i love you, you truly do speak my mind and its scary

oh and no homo

I'm going to back Martigan. While most muslims are peaceful and good people, the amount of extremists can't be ignored and their intent to kill and injure based solely on the premise of "they don't think like me so they need to go" is sickening. I don't know about other people here, but I haven't seen any news of Jewish extremists or Christian extremists blowing up innocent people or suicide bombing. Also, before anyone says anything, I'm not talking about races or anything, because I KNOW that there are muslim extremists in EVERY walk of life, not just arabic. The religion on paper is great, I really think for the most part that islam would be an awesome religion if it were practiced as intended.

I'm going to side with martigan, While SOME muslims are peacful productive people. You can't justify a religeon that states that to make justify your actions you call it a holy war. Yes christians had the crusades but guess what, we didn't get there land, we instigated the renasiance(Crap spelling) and restarted the Arts, by invading there land and retrieving lost "Stuff"

I really can't agree with people who try to protray the muslims as..well black and white, One being extremist one being a pacifistic Nobel prize winners, The truth is the line dividing a extremist and a pacifist is the drive that motivates their actions, in theory all christians could be genocidal maniacs..But right now those people are Muslims who have fallen into a Islamic cult that is basicly using them as guirilla fighters.

True, but they were fucking stupid, trieing to capture a land that (I don't think) was ever theirs.

Guest Fohacidal
True, but they were fucking stupid, trieing to capture a land that (I don't think) was ever theirs.

Not during the first crusades, the later ones were more just the rumblings of nationalism. However I think if the muslims had been pushed out and the Christians succeded in claiming all the land for Europe 1 of 2 things coudlve happened:

1. The world would be much more peaceful

2. Asia/India would get conquered and overrun by European imperialists and never returned

Not during the first crusades, the later ones were more just the rumblings of nationalism. However I think if the muslims had been pushed out and the Christians succeded in claiming all the land for Europe 1 of 2 things coudlve happened:

1. The world would be much more peaceful

2. Asia/India would get conquered and overrun by European imperialists and never returned

They were all stupid.

They were all stupid.

Project, you need to understand Something. The original crusades were a defensive effort. The Europeans (Not just christians) pushed back their opposition and reclaimed alot, but not all, of the land that was taken from them. Later crusades were not respectible ones, but in many respects they were aimed at uniting the country, saving greecian artifacts from destruction, taking back lands that were lost in the first crusades, and unfortunately as a cure for boredom that swept the region.

Dismissing something as "stupid," that was on as grand of a scale as the crusades were, shows either a great lack of intelligence, or a greater amount of apathy on your part. I'm not taking a swipe at you, but think about something that encompassed a continent for over 300 years...You can't shrug it off as stupid, alot of things happened during that time frame because of the crusades. Sure, they were unnecessary in many aspect, but they were far from stupid

Anyway, I am at fault as much as anyone else, but this topic is not about the crusades.