Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleek

Coding?

Ruby, Lua, C++, Java. Have some knowledge in other areas but not enough to say I am proficient. I guess also C#, but I need some more practice.

Best with C++, made a robot for a course in university. Also self taught a tiny bit of javascript, HTML/CSS (lol)

Ayy ;)

I have my intro to C++ exam tuesday!

Please tell me you didn't take it to satisfy a math credit or something like a lot of idiots who take the entry level course.

Don't want to make another thread so il just ask In here.<br /><br />I want to get into coding and start learning it. which language is the easiest to learn or fun to have knowledge of?

You have to commit to it. You might say to yourself that you'll watch videos and write programs or whatever and practice, but the reality is the commitment is usually never there. That's why people take it in school. You're forced to do homework and projects with coding, etc. Side projects are the best, especially the ones you take up yourself.

If you really decide to keep at it (it doesn't have to be hardcore programming), you'll get it. I'm biased, but if I had to tell you which language to learn first, I would say C or C++ and I currently lean towards C. Once you get a basic idea of arrays, for loops, while loops, classes, objects, libraries, compilers and all that stuff, you will have a much easier time learning other languages because they do not change drastically, just the way some words are written. Eventually you'll see all the quirks of each language and how java is different than fortran or c++ or ruby, etc. Your hardest language will usually be the first one so don't feel like you're alone if you're completely lost. The feeling you get when you successfully debug a program you made is too good to express but it's also extremely frustrating and fun. Expect hard times. Programming is not easy, and many hours are spent on a computer, but its incredibly satisfying and a great skill to have for the future.

Don't want to make another thread so il just ask In here.

I want to get into coding and start learning it. which language is the easiest to learn or fun to have knowledge of?

Assembly

Im actually going to suggest you start with Lua on Minecraft. There's a mod (Compucraft) for it, with some tutorial videos. It's always nice to be able to see the response from your code immediately.

To be honest, java is not the easiest language to learn as your first.

Easier than C++ IMO. When I learned about handlers for the first time in college I almost had an aneurysm.

Easier than C++ IMO. When I learned about handlers for the first time in college I almost had an aneurysm.

My first language was java, had a terrible instructor who taught through slides. First midterm I ever bombed because of that, learned C++ and learned c# through all my game design courses with a instructor who knew how to teach. I mean, program with the class and explain what is going on at the same time worked for me.

edit:

Anyway, the reason I think Java isn't the easiest to learn is because visual studio is a nice IDE and when programming a console program. Seemed easier to me at least.

Please tell me you didn't take it to satisfy a math credit or something like a lot of idiots who take the entry level course.

Lol no, I was thinking about majoring in IT and needed an elective credit anyway.