Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

LJ for KJ poll

20 members have voted

1. 1. Restrict LJ item on KJ and add a perma LJ weaker than item?

• Yes
    • No

Just to make sure people understand what would happen if this goes through, Kj would no longer be able to buy longjump from the shopmenu, but it would permanently have longjump as part of the race, but the longjump on the race would be weaker than the longjump from shopmenu that it can currently buy

Nope, the only way I would ever support this idea is if it was an expertise at lvl 300-500. Also seen kj + lj before, sometimes it makes the rounds last so long that the round ends.

Nope, the only way I would ever support this idea is if it was an expertise at lvl 300-500. Also seen kj + lj before, sometimes it makes the rounds last so long that the round ends.

That has nothing to do with KJ having LJ, that just has to do with what map is being played, and who the last people alive are. I have seen rounds go until time runs out plenty when it's gun races left alive. And now that Speedcastle has an objective (since that was the map that most often when until time ran out) having to deal with the time running out isn't that big of an issue especially because of the 1:00 OBJ rule. Now if someone is on KJ and is afraid to go into a fight and they are the last one and they just sit there and do nothing then that is an issue with the player, not the race having LJ, those two things are completely unrelated.

I know that since this is an sG server that all races are up to sG as to what they should be and if sG feels they need to change a race from it's original then they are free to do so, but the original KJ race had 3 skills, the invis, high grav + longjump, and disarm. That's all it had and that's all it needed, the removal of longjump by sG made the race a lot weaker than it should be and the speed boost that was added to it is a joke. Not to mention that the reason most people think KJ is op with LJ is because of the small handful of us who are really good at KJ and rape people with it with longjump. It's like Pug with Sensei, just because someone is really good at a race doesn't mean it's op and needs to be nerfed. All KJ needs is a small longjump, it doesnt need to be big at all, it can be half as strong as the item and that would still probably be just fine because KJ's high grav boosts the power of LJ. As long as I am on this server I will push for KJ to get longjump, or for sG's KJ to be renamed to something else and then add the original KJ lol. There are very few people who play KJ because most people agree that without LJ it is one of the weakest knife races, and one of the weakest races in general, but with LJ it becomes a contender for one of the stronger knife races. But KJ with a LJ weaker than the item will never be as strong as some of the other knife races on the server.

I know that since this is an sG server that all races are up to sG as to what they should be and if sG feels they need to change a race from it's original then they are free to do so, but the original KJ race had 3 skills, the invis, high grav + longjump, and disarm. That's all it had and that's all it needed, the removal of longjump by sG made the race a lot weaker than it should be and the speed boost that was added to it is a joke. Not to mention that the reason most people think KJ is op with LJ is because of the small handful of us who are really good at KJ and rape people with it with longjump. It's like Pug with Sensei, just because someone is really good at a race doesn't mean it's op and needs to be nerfed. All KJ needs is a small longjump, it doesnt need to be big at all, it can be half as strong as the item and that would still probably be just fine because KJ's high grav boosts the power of LJ. As long as I am on this server I will push for KJ to get longjump, or for sG's KJ to be renamed to something else and then add the original KJ lol. There are very few people who play KJ because most people agree that without LJ it is one of the weakest knife races, and one of the weakest races in general, but with LJ it becomes a contender for one of the stronger knife races. But KJ with a LJ weaker than the item will never be as strong as some of the other knife races on the server.

http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php?topic=1354.msg9205#msg9205

please stop tossing around that KJ "originally" had longjump. you are wrong. I have told you this before. stfu

Ok, well now that you have shown proof that's what the original race was, I am sorry for making such a big deal out of this, I was wrong about the original race. But when I helped run the Many Races server on CSS HOLLIDAY gave us the KJ codes and what he gave us was what I have always thought was the original, and I have never seen anything but that version on WC servers until playing on sG. That being said, I still am always going to be for LJ for KJ because that's what I am used to it having and it makes it a lot more of a contender when it comes to the other knife races on this server.

whole point of kj is to be stealth knife race... But I do agree that being sneaky just to have the other guy run away from you cause u have default move speed gets frustrating...

Why not just a speed boost then? I know LJ is somewhat of a sore subject so maybe this can be a compromise as any knife race without mobility is fairly weak. Though, the very low gravity on KJ does help it out. Just a thought.

Why not just a speed boost then? I know LJ is somewhat of a sore subject so maybe this can be a compromise as any knife race without mobility is fairly weak. Though, the very low gravity on KJ does help it out. Just a thought.

I would be ok with a better speed boost on it. One that at least makes it so gun races can't run away from you no problem. And the low grav on KJ only helps in very certain situations, most of the time being able to jump super high doesn't help you escape from anything and can actually just hinder you.