Sign in to follow this  
FuFu

what ACTUALLY happened to cash?

Some people say that cash was removed, others say that it is broken. It would be nice for it to be offically said from someone who knows cause people that arnt sg members are left wondering.

Edited by Daiyaru

Is cash necessary? No. Is it a "right"? Of course not. Should cash be on the server? I don't know.

Does it hurt the newer players? Yes. Does it hurt players who cannot go positive without items? Yes, it essentially removes an entire element from the mod.

Does it make sense to get upset on the internet when "no names" beg you for cash or say it's a right? No. I don't understand the "no name" mentality... reminds me of middle school. Everybody is new at some point.

Dude was probably trolling you. When I first started playing I was going to basically spam ask for cash because a) why not and b) it's not like anybody should get upset at someone spamming chat at the end of the round, that would be pretty illogical. But someone in SG told me not to because I would never get cash if I asked. So despite my desire to spam the word cash in various ways (ca$h, de_cache, if on cache: cash4cache, etc) I did not. So I can easily see how you were just getting fucked with and couldn't just brush it off.

In short, some no names came around and fucked with you because you probably were visibily upset about it, posted about it, and an engineer thought "Yeah, fuck those no names demanding cash" and now cash is gone.

The cash command can come or go, I don't really care. I just think the reasoning behind taking it away makes no sense.

I don't wanna interrupt the boys club though.

Is cash necessary? No. Is it a "right"? Of course not. Should cash be on the server? I don't know.

Does it hurt the newer players? Yes. Does it hurt players who cannot go positive without items? Yes, it essentially removes an entire element from the mod.

Does it make sense to get upset on the internet when "no names" beg you for cash or say it's a right? No. I don't understand the "no name" mentality... reminds me of middle school. Everybody is new at some point.

Dude was probably trolling you. When I first started playing I was going to basically spam ask for cash because a) why not and b) it's not like anybody should get upset at someone spamming chat at the end of the round, that would be pretty illogical. But someone in SG told me not to because I would never get cash if I asked. So despite my desire to spam the word cash in various ways (ca$h, de_cache, if on cache: cash4cache, etc) I did not. So I can easily see how you were just getting fucked with and couldn't just brush it off.

In short, some no names came around and fucked with you because you probably were visibily upset about it, posted about it, and an engineer thought "Yeah, fuck those no names demanding cash" and now cash is gone.

The cash command can come or go, I don't really care. I just think the reasoning behind taking it away makes no sense.

I don't wanna interrupt the boys club though.

Upset? Nah. Annoyed. I didn't even play on WCS, and I can say from the ~year this server has been up that I am sick of explaining how to bind your ult, I am tired of being chastised (And no, there is not a better word for that) for not giving cash, I'm bored of the questions people ask because they're too lazy to read the MOTD. I get it, reading is for nerds, whatever, but I damn well have a right to not want to bother.

P.S. you're totally off base with why cash is gone anyway

Upset? Nah. Annoyed. I didn't even play on WCS, and I can say from the ~year this server has been up that I am sick of explaining how to bind your ult, I am tired of being chastised (And no, there is not a better word for that) for not giving cash, I'm bored of the questions people ask because they're too lazy to read the MOTD. I get it, reading is for nerds, whatever, but I damn well have a right to not want to bother.

P.S. you're totally off base with why cash is gone anyway

I can understand all of that and it completely makes sense. If I'm off base then maybe it should be explained because that is the impression everyone has.

Edited by Face

I can understand all of that and it completely makes sense. If I'm off base then maybe it should be explained because that is the impression everyone has.

I've explained it elsewhere multiple times people just aren't listening

like here http://www.joinsg.net/topic/62856-im-bad-at-this-game/

and on the server multiple times

I've explained it elsewhere multiple times people just aren't listening

like here http://www.joinsg.net/topic/62856-im-bad-at-this-game/

and on the server multiple times

I ignored that explanation because I assumed it was a joke. If it is broken, I apologize for assuming otherwise and drawing conclusions. The timing of it breaking is almost too perfect.

Dang shopmenu is expensive now when u don't get the mandatory 16k..

It's like no point in lvling cause it takes so long xD

Gabe removed it because it came directly out of his account.

Was originally mean to take your money and deposit into his account, but they programmed it wrong. I'm sure they'll have it up and working right by Cyber Monday.

I ignored that explanation because I assumed it was a joke. If it is broken, I apologize for assuming otherwise and drawing conclusions. The timing of it breaking is almost too perfect.

I assumed the joke was based on how amusingly perfect the timing was