Sign in to follow this  
Neospawn

Bring Back CS_Crackhouse!

I miss the crack whores, I have been forced to go to places like office and snort crack off of ghouls dick while he holds a crit nade by my face during the process.

I need a safer place like crack house.

Pls

The crackhouse in GO isn't the same as it was back in CSS. It's smaller, and it doesn't work the same.

When we had crackhouse in the server the population would drastically decline whenever the map was changed to it. Memories of crackhouse are nice but the reality is it's not as good in GO.

I don't think its fair to say that people leave just because its crackhouse. Unless they specifically state that they leave because its crack house and they will never play that map because its crack house, then that would be a valid reason.

I will leave on maps like dust 2 because I get sick of that map. Doesn't mean I don't like the map or anything else, just means I don't want to play it at that time.

People said the same thing about dolls but there have been plenty of incidents of a full server on dolls. Just a minority of players don't like crack house (for whatever reason) and they make the most noise.

When I was an admin I would make a vote to change to the map and majority would vote for it, not everyone has to like the map. We have a map voting system, let the people decide if they want to play it. If people don't like it then it won't be played. Simple as that.

Just a minority of players don't like crack house (for whatever reason) and they make the most noise.

i'd be interested to know what metrics you used to come to this conclusion.  coolness has provided his which directly contradict this statement.

Let the people decide if we play crack house, I know you're war3 overlord but let the community decide on maps at least.

i think you're missing the part where he said the community decided 3x already

I was never given metrics for "drastically decline", the only metrics I have to give are that THE MAJORITY voted to go on the map. Was there a community vote? I didn't see it at least.

Like I said, if people don't like the map then they won't vote for it when it pops up.

Edited by B-cock

I was never given metrics for "drastically decline", the only metrics I have to give are that THE MAJORITY voted to go on the map. Was there a community vote? I didn't see it at least.

Like I said, if people don't like the map then they won't vote for it when it pops up.

server population when a map is being played is a valid metric.   straw polling users on whether or not they like crackhouse, as you have suggested, is a poor metric.

here are some concrete numbers for you: http://sg.gameme.com/maps/csgo

you can see crackhouse rounding in at #31 in the maplist, just behind a version of dolls that we used from june to august of 2013

I also may not be conveying what I'm trying to say well.

Why is crackhouse the ONLY map (to my knowledge) that can't be in the map rotation because people don't like it? Why aren't the other maps subject to this? Why can't it just be in the map rotation? If people don't like it, then they won't vote for it (majority wins).

server population when a map is being played is a valid metric.   straw polling users on whether or not they like crackhouse, as you have suggested, is a poor metric.

here are some concrete numbers for you: http://sg.gameme.com/maps/csgo

you can see crackhouse rounding in at #31 in the maplist, just behind a version of dolls that we used for 2 months a year ago

From what I recall, crackhouse was never in the map rotation that we could vote on. An admin could change to the map, but it wasn't nominatable.

You also can't bring in maps that had a longer lifetime on the server and compare it to a map that the people can't even nominate.

Again, I ask why is this map not allowed to be in the map rotation so people can vote whether they play it or not.

Edited by B-cock

Actually i like the idea Christmas put up. Maybe a mapper would be willing to resize/redo aspects of Crackhouse to make it playable for our war 3 server. Make it the same size as like speed castle with the house in the middle and buildings outlying it or maybe in the middle of a forest like cs_insertion or de_lake

Edited by MisterTurkes

i know nothing about the map never being in the rotation, but coolness has already said that the map has been removed 3 times.  normally when we "remove" a map it is simply commented out of rotation, and not deleted from the server.  this is our practice to ensure that someone down the road doesn't waste their time adding a potential map to find out that we've already decided we don't want it, or it crashes the server, etc.

crackhouse was often a problematic map in the cs:s days, and although i haven't played the cs:go version, if it is anything like it was i don't blame coolness for removing it from the server.

all of that aside.  the people who work on the servers are the ones who ultimately decide whether a map ends up in rotation.  if coolness replied to this thread and simply said "i am a tyrant and crackhouse isn't going into rotation." that would really be the end of it.

all of that aside.  the people who work on the servers are the ones who ultimately decide whether a map ends up in rotation.  if coolness replied to this thread and simply said "i am a tyrant and crackhouse isn't going into rotation." that would really be the end of it.

That would be fine, I just thought it was more community run than it is apparently.

I like crackhouse. I don't like the suicide races killing me from a floor below with their crazy vertical range. Have Christmas or someone else make the map bigger and taller. I mean I wouldn't mind crackhouse being back on as is either, but still. Maybe if someone does redo the map we can have a final stand for crackhouse, if people like it, it stays. If not crackhouse dies forever.

People said the same thing about dolls but there have been plenty of incidents of a full server on dolls. Just a minority of players don't like crack house (for whatever reason) and they make the most noise.

hey if you replace the i in noise and put it in most between the o and s you get a moist nose

The map was on rotation and was removed due to the ability abuse on heroes. It doesn't work out like it used to and it was already on rotation and removed more than once. Believe it or not I actually loved crackhouse in CSS and I'm sad to see that it doesn't work out in CS:GO. That being said, the version of crackhouse that we have already tried several times is not going back into rotation, however I would be more than happy to try out a bigger more suitable version of Crackhouse if someone is willing to make a fix for the war3 mod.

The map was on rotation and was removed due to the ability abuse on heroes. It doesn't work out like it used to and it was already on rotation and removed more than once. Believe it or not I actually loved crackhouse in CSS and I'm sad to see that it doesn't work out in CS:GO. That being said, the version of crackhouse that we have already tried several times is not going back into rotation, however I would be more than happy to try out a bigger more suitable version of Crackhouse if someone is willing to make a fix for the war3 mod.

I'm somewhat confused. Is the Crackhouse for CS:GO different from the CSS one or does it just not work out with the CS:GO server?

*Edit* I checked the Steam Workshop and there are multiple ports of the CSS Crackhouse with the exact same dimensions.

Edited by CaPtAiN HaiR

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/177785

The best way to win an argument or atleast try and meet the other side half way is working towards a common goal. In this case its getting a A) crackhouse on the server and B) Not having a version where races can exploit it as much as possible

Edited by turbulance