Sign in to follow this  
driz

Host Downtime

End of Reality is announcing the upcoming migration of our Chicago facilities starting July 22nd, 2014.

All Chicago servers will be migrated to our new Chicago location; a higher-grade Tier-III and SSAE16 Type II accredited facility, this enterprise-grade facility offers increased power availability, access to additional upstream transport providers, a 4x increase in network availability, and improved environmental controls. Additionally, we will be implementing new core routing infrastructure from Juniper to ensure that the absolute best stability, uptime, and service quality is provided to you and your customers.

This posting today serves to let you know about the upcoming extended maintenance window related to servers located in our Chicago facility as a result of this consolidation. We will be physically migrating all servers located in the CHI3 facility to our new Chicago location starting from July 22nd, 2014 . Our team is currently reviewing the finalized logistical planning which will ensure a smooth transition; we expect that all servers will be moved and the consolidation will be completed by August 15th.

We will be contacting each client with services in CHI3 individually with a specific date of migration for any impacted servers on their account.

Starting July 22nd, we will begin the migration process. Each system will be powered down, transported to the new nearby facility by our engineers, and powered back up. We estimate that the process will take approximately 4 hours to complete for each server, although additional time may be required, and we ask that clients plan for downtime of up to 8 hours in case of unforeseen issues. The migration will continue each evening, beginning at 8PM Chicago Time (CDT), and ending each morning at 4AM Chicago Time (CDT) until all servers have been migrated.

I will keep you guys updated on what our specific time period will be.

god fucking dammit. Enough migrating for one year.

Edited by Velo

so when since Surf event was extended?

i literally posted in the OP, in bold red text "I will keep you guys updated on what our specific time period will be."

god fucking dammit. Enough migrating for one year.

We don't control host migrations, but this one should work in our favor. nothing changes on our end, just some downtime, which we needed anyway, every server needs a reboot to apply some security patches I installed.

Hey that means I'll have playable ping on war3 again.... Hey Eddy....

maybe.. the server is still going to be in chicago, just moving facilities, if hopcount was your issue, or latency to the backbone in chi, your ping won't change.. we can hope though.

i literally posted in the OP, in bold red text "I will keep you guys updated on what our specific time period will be."

We don't control host migrations, but this one should work in our favor. nothing changes on our end, just some downtime, which we needed anyway, every server needs a reboot to apply some security patches I installed.

maybe.. the server is still going to be in chicago, just moving facilities, if hopcount was your issue, or latency to the backbone in chi, your ping won't change.. we can hope though.

Maybe it wont trace route me through LA

I don't read whats is bold it hurts my eyes!

Sign in to follow this