Sign in to follow this  
yeet

Any boot camp stories you've heard? My date is June 18th / Advice

As you guys know I've been pursuing a career in the military and ended up with the Marines as something my mind was set on. Do you guys know anyone that went to boot camp and heard any stories of what happened? My projected boot camp ship date like I said is June 18th of next year and I'm currently in football conditioning and pt from the station, is there anything I can do within this year to help get my body more in shape for the ass pounding that it's going to get? One of my buddies went to boot fat and riddled with acne but came back clean and lean and he didn't have much stories to tell besides how much he missed shitting with the stalls open so he could hold conversations with other recruits. I a good amount of job options ranging in different specialties, honestly I was just going to be a grunt (basic rifleman) but I hear people hate it so I'm not 100% which job I should take. Also I already went to MEPS, that's why i have my date and job lists. Anything I should keep an eye out for? 

Thanks guys for any advice in forward

(this post is pretty much a clusterfuck of asking for advice)

Edited by Demon

my cousins a marine and he says that the staff sergeants will not be afraid to be the shit out of you. when he first became a marine and he fucked up he said theyd take em out to the sand pits and just take a beating. i mean i doubt this will happen to you in boot camp but if you do become a marine be prepared for harsh consequences if you fuck up.

also he said dont try to be a suckup to the SS's. they apparently dont like that gay shit

Edited by Anzhi.

One of my friends went to marine training in USA and he told me that you need to be prepared for pretty harsh physical conditions. Where he went, his training was designed to wear them down and weed out the weak. Sometimes you might want to quit, but you should always remember your goal and stay on course.

Basically basic is going to test your self control and intestinal fortitude. Push through everything but dont break yourself, listen to your orders and dont ever back talk, and for god sakes please dont think your some badass and try to fight an instructor or 1st sg, it wont end good for you. 

Basic training was one of the most fun times of my life, you get to experience and do so many things that alot of people would never attempt to do ever. Make the best of it, and when you get through basic

Try not to get sucked into hanging out with people and such because this is a crucial moment that have the chance to REALLY save some money and lookout for your future, dont give in to buying expensive crap or getting a car right off the bat, people are looking to take advantage of military recruits very fast.

Seen alot of people think that they were in highschool after basic and blew all there money going out to eat ect ect ect. 

So basically, go into basic with an open mind. Listen to what they say, those drill instructors are there to help you, not to be your friend etc,

DO NOT FRATERNIZE at all during basic, and preferably not in AIT or whatever schooling you are going to. Leave that crap to when your done with what you need to get done, because it'll probably just cause you trouble. Stay away from sugary foods, and sweets. These things are poisonous to the body and there is a reason they keep you off of it during basic (unless they are giving in to the newkid generation)

The workouts get grueling in basic, but its all about pushing through it, learn to do a correct push-up as 90% of the civilians I've met can not properly do a push-up. And try to start running a min of 2 miles

Stay away from sugar, i cannot stress what this stuff does to the body, sodas are your worst friend. When i went to basic they allowed no sodas or sugary drinks at all. We we're watched and checked all day for 

these things. After i got out of basic i totally was like eh, i could do a soda i guess. Couldn't even keep one soda down and it made me sick as hell.

And if you smoke, stop it. If you go to basic and you do smoke, dont try and find cigs or bum them from civilians as it will probably fall back on you and get you kicked out, this is a good opportunity to clean your life up and live a good one. Take advantage of it. Cease the moment.

Drive on soldier and good luck.

run alot and do lots of pullups. getting commandant's list can get you some school's of choice so it's worth being the best. the top 1% are the guys who get to go to other military's schools and shit (not just US military)

drink lots of water, learn to love it. do what you're told and remember, until you graduate you're just a stupid piece of shit kid who is being molded into a man. 

My friend went to Paris Island for Marine training. Hes tall but he went there just as a scrawny ass kid right out of high school. Hes stationed in California right now so I think he has a pretty good gig at the moment.

But also I know this kid who im not really friends with but I went to high school with him. He was honestly the quietest, chubby-ass spanish kid in the whole grade. He went to marine training and he looks completely fucking different.

Go running alot and workout as much as you can. Focus on your upper body since I assume your going to have to be pulling yourself over alot of shit.

Edited by Triv

Two of my cousins are in the Airforce, one works as an ATC on one of the carriers down in Newport and the other is out in Washington doing grunt work. They pretty much told me that they had to do football training 24/7 before going over to the base. They haven't really said much about their training but then again they are both around 6' 3" and 195 so I'm assuming they didn't have that much of a hard time physically.

I'm honestly curious to see what people are going to say here. Personally I have thought about joining the military from time to time but never thought it was a viable option for me. I almost went to VMI but didn't want that kind of military barracks lifestyle. The only reason I could see myself going to the military would be because I have shit memory and bad management skills that hopefully they could beat the shit out of me but besides that I'm not sure.

Don't volunteer for anything and try not to be recognized. Understand they are yelling at you for your benefit and theirs. Some volunteer and want to be DS/DI others are forced. If you have not been called a failed abortion up to this point in your life, get excited. The military has transformed into a big hairy vagina and is not the one I joined back in 1998. It was relaxed but there was always a level of don't fuck up, then came OIF/OEF they relaxed a little bit more. Finally we reached a point where the generals and CSMs remember the 90's and want that back but are granting pink slips to good NCOs with tats to reach it. Best thing to do is get a job you can use to make good money on the outside (EOD) and then after your time GTFO. It won't relax prob until 2020 or 2025 from what I can determine as of now. Hopefully it is sooner but back in my day there was a lot of fuckery so i don't know for sure. Good luck in your shit.

Two of my cousins are in the Airforce, one works as an ATC on one of the carriers down in Newport and the other is out in Washington doing grunt work.

grunt.. airforce... nope.

granting pink slips to good NCOs with tats to reach it

i read this as "pink slips to NCOs who knew the rules and chose to break them by vandalizing government property" <-- sound like A+ ncos, would definitely deploy with..

Two of my cousins are in the Airforce, one works as an ATC on one of the carriers down in Newport and the other is out in Washington doing grunt work.

Hm? Carriers as in Navy carriers?

Hm? Carriers as in Navy carriers?

i dont think it's very common, but i've seen it before. af has a lot more atcs than the marines/navy do

grunt.. airforce... nope.

i read this as "pink slips to NCOs who knew the rules and chose to break them by vandalizing government property" <-- sound like A+ ncos, would definitely deploy with..

Genuine ignorance here. Is that translating into NCO's cannot get tattoo'd? 

Genuine ignorance here. Is that translating into NCO's cannot get tattoo'd? 

uh, yah its a law called the morgan act under the UCMJ, so no, they cannot. a us military member is government property, tattoos are defacement of government property. every member of the US military that has ever gotten one has knowingly broken the law.

uh, yah its a law called the morgan act under the UCMJ, so no, they cannot. a us military member is government property, tattoos are defacement of government property. every member of the US military that has ever gotten one has knowingly broken the law.

Well aint that some shit... And if they have them prior to joining does it screw em over? 

Well aint that some shit... And if they have them prior to joining does it screw em over? 

nope, you can get waivers, but the original rules were if they are visible in your service's uniforms (including pt uniforms) they weren't allowed. hasn't been enforced since 2001 though to boost numbers.

I had plenty of tats as a SSgt, now medically retired, and never had a problem. Your ignorant ass and those of your way of thinking are why the military is what it is today. It doesn't matter what someone looks like douche canoe, if you served you would know that. It isn't defacing military property, what is happening is going from ar 670-1 stating tattoos not being visible from blah blah blah to blah blah blah now to going to 1980's standards of screw your tattoos we want pretty people. Thanks for playing the admin soldier who never went outside the wire part.

An air force scrub talking about the wire lol. Did you get medically retired because AF pt was too hard? Weak faggot

actually, i call bs on your whole service record. you claim you're army yes you don't know what the fucking army rank abbreviations are (and instead reference af/usmc rank and you are def not a marine since you're clearly a weak bitch). rules are rules, if you didn't follow them, you're a shit bag too. and as for your medical retirement, thank you for joining the other whiners wasting tax dollars after your pitiful 8 years of service (probably in the reserves). sack up bitch.

next.

I was Army EOD and I was medically retired because i was blown up one to many times you cum guzzling fuck nut. I refered to being a SSgt as simplying saying Sgt would give a range from Sgt to SFC, I served in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan I couldnt give any shit about you believing me all that matters is I know and the guys I served with know, so whether an off spring of a brothel house whore didn't believe me does not hurt me one bit. I had the prviledge of contracting with KBR which was fantastic and allowed me to never encounter fucking cum dumpsters like yourself again. Don't forget I am also 80% disabled from the VA so I am getting more money on top of that which is amazing. Thank you for paying your taxes other wise I don't know where I would get my stripper money. If you knew actually anything except being failed abortion you would take pride in the individual and not the dumbass paper work you do day in and day out.