Sign in to follow this  
trav

Official Match and Schedule Bracket

So we completed the tournament without Staff haha.

Thanks to all those were involved in running it and to all those who showed up and played!

Until next time....

where the hank do i get my prize holy fuck his been like 2 hour and knox didnt even say im not getting on that gay team spark it lag my game

You didn't even win. I'm pretty sure you don't get anything

Now that the tournament is over and done with. I talked about this during the matches and a little bit afterward about a new way of picking teams. A way which would involve not having captains or having pre-created teams to enter the tournament, but a fair and balanced way to make teams to try and avoid 16-0's. The only logical way to do it would be to have some sort of "ranking index" of all the players involved. Whether it be from MM rank or from someone who has knowledge of all of the players involved. I roughly did this for the people who signed up for this tournament, below is what the outcome came out as. Looking at the teams made this way, it seems much more difficult to try and pick out the best team. However, doing it this way would mean that you may not end up playing with your friends and having the ability to screw around. Although it would definitely make it more competitive.

c6814a19ef.png

This is all just a suggestion but I think using this method in the future can really create more competition and make it a lot more intense then some one sided slaughters

Edited by wind.exe

I completely agree with that way of picking teams.

How can we prevent no-shows though? If you're not picking your team, you might end up with two completely undependable people who don't show. At least when you're picking you have idea of who would show or not. Unfortunately sG consists of a lot of unreliable 15-17 year olds who sign up without even thinking about what they're committing to.

Edited by Travesty

Now that the tournament is over and done with. I talked about this during the matches and a little bit afterward about a new way of picking teams. A way which would involve not having captains or having pre-created teams to enter the tournament, but a fair and balanced way to make teams to try and avoid 16-0's. The only logical way to do it would be to have some sort of "ranking index" of all the players involved. Whether it be from MM rank or from someone who has knowledge of all of the players involved. I roughly did this for the people who signed up for this tournament, below is what the outcome came out as. Looking at the teams made this way, it seems much more difficult to try and pick out the best team. However, doing it this way would mean that you may not end up playing with your friends and having the ability to screw around. Although it would definitely make it more competitive.

c6814a19ef.png

This is all just a suggestion but I think using this method in the future can really create more competition and make it a lot more intense then some one sided slaughters

I don't know if I could play for Team 2 and Team 7 at the same time, that'd be pretty hard, but I'll try my best cap'n

I completely agree with that way of picking teams. How can we prevent no-shows though? If you're not picking your team, you might end up with two completely undependable people who don't show. At least when you're picking you have idea of who would show or not. Unfortunately sG consists of a lot of unreliable 15-17 year olds who sign up without even thinking about what they're committing to.

This years "nah, I dont like my team, so I'm not playing" no shows are banned from future tournaments. Guess I gotta write down that list.

I've always liked the idea of having a sign-up for subs, and assign each one a number and if a team needs a sub do a random number generator. That way someone like Wind can't sign up and then everyone just makes their worst player stop playing and pick Wind.

I completely agree with that way of picking teams. How can we prevent no-shows though? If you're not picking your team, you might end up with two completely undependable people who don't show. At least when you're picking you have idea of who would show or not. Unfortunately sG consists of a lot of unreliable 15-17 year olds who sign up without even thinking about what they're committing to.

Yeah but if you looked at who didn't show, and look at the teams. Those who didn't show were mostly the 4th-6th round person who's impact may not have drastically changed the outcomes of these teams. In a picking style, yeah that would be a huge deal and it seemed to be during the tournament that just happened

i don't like it. most people enter the tourney to play alongside friends, not people they don't really know.

Like I said in the post, this would be for a pure competitive tournament. Most of us have an idea of how good people are via MM or 10 man's but your right in that there still will be a lot of players who may not know how a person plays or acts during a competitive environment 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this