Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzwuzz

sG DotA2 tournament idea

I think it would be very fun to have a DotA2 tournament for sG where we could make teams of 5 and compete in captains mode. It would be very interesting to see how members of sG could work together and create strategies for DotA2. What do you guys think and how could we even begin to get this started?

Would be an interesting idea. Idk how people feel about moba tournaments after what happened to Mitch's though. If we can make it a day or 2 days i think people might play.

Edited by Tristan.

I think this will only work if we are allowed to pick random people who are not in the community since I don't think more then 20-25 people play Dota 2 here. If that is the case, we could make around 8 teams with at least 3 community people in each. I would be up for this.

i can see it now

mrcoolness in the jungle as sniper, eddy being pudge mid feeding, turkes and klark feeding in safelane. meanwhile drunk coaches skitt and tobi to victory and space bugs in his old age smokes his pipe on his porch as he reflects upon his younger self, regretting entering tournament of sg moba's.

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

Probably better to sort out our dying servers before you start organizing something the community as a whole technically doesn't have a lot of involvement in (I know a lot of you play but our focus is the servers everybody pays for right?).

Not being a dick, just saying I think all of these ideas are great and everything...but our servers aren't doing as good as they could be and I think that should be the main focus. 

I don't know if we'd get enough people to have a decent sized tournament. I'd think we'd need at least 8 teams for a decent bracket, so 40 people.

Wasn't here for how the 1v1 LoL tournament was run (though i've heard disastrous Mitch stories); but in case option A doesn't work we might be able to get a 1v1 mid bracket.

If there's enough interest and community backing to it, we can make it happen. I'm willing to spearhead and could get input from people like drunkula.