Sign in to follow this  
JWB10

The Theory of Simon Says

When the warden says "Simon says I am Simon", wouldn't then everything they say after that technically be something that "Simon says", since they are indeed, Simon?

Discuss.

Yeah. That's been the way it works since forever.

Simon says I am simon

Simon says when I say jump you will jump once

SImon says when I say crouch you will crouch once

If they say something like "Simon says I am simon, jump", they're trying to get you killed..

edit: I actually read the post

well shit

now this is a paradox.

Edited by Ichalvl

When the warden says "Simon says I am Simon", wouldn't then everything they say after that technically be something that "Simon says", since they are indeed, Simon?

Discuss.

Speaks truth.

Revolution.

Discuss.

Unless you are Simon before your say you are Simon, or have evidence a person named Simon saying you are now Simon, then everything is a lie.

there is no paradox, just because Simon is speaking in the third person does not mean anything, there are a lot of cases of mental disorders in which people narrate their own lives thinking it has to be done otherwise they cease to exist. 

Consider Simon as person A, and yourself as person B.

If you say:

Simon says I am Simon

then this means that:

person A says that you are now "Simon", however this doesn't change the fact that you are still person B and only person A, the original Simon can determine what people do.

Henceforth if you say "Jump" this is a reference to person B telling you to jump, but not in fact Simon (person A) telling you to jump.

So in conclusion you must still say Simon says otherwise the order isn't coming from the correct person.