Sign in to follow this  
ZachPL

TTT Vanilla Server

As many people have noticed over the past day I have put together a Vanilla TTT server. I do not expect and do not want this to replace our current TTT server and I would prefer if most of our regulars continue to play and enjoy the main server.

There has been lots of confusion as to while this server has been created, so I will explain now the reasoning behind it.

Over the past few months I have noticed with our regular TTT server many of the new players who would join have not purchased CSS, and would see many missing textures and materials. This would lead to confusion and generally many of these new players would leave. In these instances there isn't much we can do other then steer these people in the right direction and tell them to download and mount CSS.

This is where a 24/7 minecraft server comes in, by only playing these minecraft maps it ensures that these new players have all the textures and models needed to have an enjoyable experience without having to purchase CSS, this is because these custom textures are packrated into each individual map. This server isn't intended for our current players, but to help futher and expand our playerbase by referring these new players to check out our other servers. 

By creating this server we expand to others who wouldn't have joined our main TTT server otherwise due to their being a lot of downloads or not being able to see the CSS materials and models that most maps have.

This server is by all means a test to see how it performs, hopefully these new players will check our other servers, join the forums and help expand our player base.

To the current TTT players, thank you for supporting and enjoying your time on the normal TTT server and I would prefer if you spent your time continuing to play there. We will be having an event in the early weeks of july so look out for that.

Also I will be looking for two or three people who would like to help regulate this server, be warned that you will have to follow strict guidelines and will most likely have to deal with many children without losing your cool. Don't expect to have fun, but to continue the fun of others. If you are interested PM me and I will put you in a message with Eddy and myself.

Thanks Zach.

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by ZachPL

It's a cool addition and I think it will bring people to the other servers. I think we need more than just a couple server officers tho because when I played on it earlier there was more rdms than traitor kills. Some custom weapons wouldn't hurt either especially since even those without css can download them and enjoy them.

It's a cool addition and I think it will bring people to the other servers. I think we need more than just a couple server officers tho because when I played on it earlier there was more rdms than traitor kills. Some custom weapons wouldn't hurt either especially since even those without css can download them and enjoy them.

do you not understand the meaning of a Vanilla server?

[que name=Anzhi." post="823618" timestamp="1403210514]

No I understand it. I've played on a few. I lose interest quickly. The point is reducing download time. I'm saying a couple weapons to add at least a bit more variety won't really cause much extra download time. All the people playing earlier were saying it would be good to have at least a couple weapons because the vanilla stuff is boring.

Also Zach said the main point of the vanilla server was to help ppl without css out. You don't need css to have the custom weapons. Like I said in my first post

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

[que name=Anzhi." post="823618" timestamp="1403210514]

No I understand it. I've played on a few. I lose interest quickly. The point is reducing download time. I'm saying a couple weapons to add at least a bit more variety won't really cause much extra download time. All the people playing earlier were saying it would be good to have at least a couple weapons because the vanilla stuff is boring.

Also Zach said the main point of the vanilla server was to help ppl without css out. You don't need css to have the custom weapons. Like I said in my first post

a vanilla server is usually played because its a vanilla server. if you join a vanilla server for custom items and such then you are literally retarded. this vanilla server is to attract people who like to play on a vanilla server.  WHY WOULD WE MAKE A VANILLA SEVER TO ADD CUSTOM ITEMS. 

also if you read the post again, the key word in it is VANILLA. V-A-N-I-L-L-A

Edited by Anzhi.

a vanilla server is usually played because its a vanilla server. if you join a vanilla server for custom items and such then you are literally retarded. this vanilla server is to attract people who like to play on a vanilla server. WHY WOULD WE MAKE A VANILLA SEVER TO ADD CUSTOM ITEMS.

Look dude I'm not fighting with you. I just made the comment because the main point of the server isn't to be vanilla it's to be playable by people without css like Zach said. The most populated ttt server I know of is a custom minecraft only server that I have never seen below 30 people. Custom minecraft servers combine the best of both worlds for most ppl

Look dude I'm not fighting with you. I just made the comment because the main point of the server isn't to be vanilla it's to be playable by people without css like Zach said. The most populated ttt server I know of is a custom minecraft only server that I have never seen below 30 people. Custom minecraft servers combine the best of both worlds for most ppl

im pretty sure its meant to be a vanilla server or zach wouldnt have named it a TTT Vanilla server. i just dont think you get the concept of vanilla but its whatever idec.

Edited by Anzhi.

anzhi has a point. the server isnt meant to be for people who havent purchased css. its meant to be vanilla. vanilla = no addons. zach just added icing to the cake by making it easier on players who dont have css. jesus

anzhi has a point. the server isnt meant to be for people who havent purchased css. its meant to be vanilla. vanilla = no addons. zach just added icing to the cake by making it easier on players who dont have css. jesus

nope

nope

^ jesus if you guys would go so insane you'd vote no on my app over a disagreement in opinion at least read the 3 paragraphs where Zach says the point of the server is due to css textures

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

the thing about zach making this a vanilla server is to not update it. he commented on it about how he does not in any way for this to take over our main server. now with the main server just on the rise of starting to grow due to the endless grind that zach has put in to put a custom shop in and custom weapons why would he start to update another server, zach was smart for making this a vanilla server so he doesnt have to update anything but the maps and when gmod updates. he doesnt want to split his time between two servers that would just double the work for zach and im pretty sure zach does not want to do that, in fact nobody would want to double their own work. im assuming he wants to start working more on the main server. now he did make this ALSO for people who dont have CSS but its also vanilla which means no addons. if you want addons you can play the custom server. this is the point of having two servers. one vanilla and one custom. 

resolved. 

Aw the good old days, back when the knife was as cool as the bat but smaller and hard to notice. We need Monkeh to just come and trait all day and blob to make songs again.

Sign in to follow this