Sign in to follow this  
BLiNDBoi

Discussion: Goliath

I feel that this race has a decent concept but it needs some improvement in order to compete against newer and in general any race that can kite a knife race all day. Thus this following quote is the skills for Goliath, does Goliath need an improvement? FYI, Big Swings is magic damage so magic immunity on lurker will stop the damage... learned that one the hard way today.

Additionally, do you need the grenade restriction is too much?

Dominance (6 skill points)
Grow larger and show your dominance
Gain 50-400 bonus hp

Big Swings (6 skill points)
Your attacks hit in an area
Enemies 8.5-14.5ft in front of you will be hurt for 12-32 damage (left click)

Battlecry (6 skill points)
Go on a rampage for up to 6 seconds!
Gain 25-46% movement speed based on your Dominance skill

15 second cooldown

Ultimate: Pride (6 skill points)
Your price won't let you fall
Take no damage for up to 5 seconds, if you were to drop below 10-60hp

20 second cooldown

A goliath is basically a giant, so I will keep the following suggestions in mind of that:

Dominance: This skill is fine as it is.

Big Swings: Slash attack Big Swings is fine as it is. Stab attack Big Swing should be one of the following suggestions:

1. Same range but does 24-64 damage (You can get 2.5 slashes in for a single stab, this damage in my book is justified).
  2. 10 - 16ft radius damage of 12-32 damage.
  3. Same range and damage but adds a crippling slow for those who just got smashed into the ground by a giant hand. I will let the engineers decide the strength of this slow.

Battlecry: Passively gives the race 6 to 36% movement speed, the ability will still be there but instead it will double the speed boost for 6 seconds, so 12 to 72% movement speed. After the 6 second duration is over, the race is fatiqued and moves as normal speed for 6 seconds. Cooldown timer of 12 seconds. 6 skill points.

Pride: No longer an ultimate but a passive chance to stop a Goliath from dying. If an attack will bring Goliath to death or below the health threshhold. This skill can only proc once every 20 seconds.

Skill point order:

1. 40% chance to stop all damage for 0.5 seconds and will not go below 10 hp *
  2. 46% chance to stop all damage for 1.0 seconds and will not go below 20 hp *
  3. 52% chance to stop all damage for 1.5  seconds and will not go below 30 hp *
  4. 58% chance to stop all damage for 2.0 seconds and will not go below 40 hp *
  5. 64% chance to stop all damage for 2.5 seconds and will not go below 50 hp *
  6. 70% chance to stop all damage for 3.0 seconds and will not go below 60 hp *

* You have 70hp, get hit for 30 damage, check chance proc invulnerable state. You will have 40 hp if invulnerability procs. You have 50 hp, get hit for 150 damage, check chance to proc invulnerable state. You will keep your 50 hp if the invulnerability procs. This is just an idea to try to keep the old code and change it up a little.

Ultimate: Ground Pound (new additional/ultimate skill idea)

You jump up and then smash the ground around you dealing damage as well as stunning and slowing nearby enemies.

Upon landing on the ground, a 20 ft radius all enemies are dealt 18 - 54 damage, stunned for 0.2 - 0.5 second and then slowed for 0.52 to 1 second. Further away the less effective this ultimate is on enemies. 6 skill points and a 30 second cooldown.

So, with all the changes and additional skill this would make this race a level 30 race in order to max it... Thoughts? The next race that I feel that is totally gimped I will gladly create another one of these threads. Might be Recon Scout or something haha.

Edit 1: Clarification on my suggestion on the skill Pride added.

Edit 2: Reduced time invulnerable duration on Pride and changed up the ultimate up a little, smaller radius.

Edit 3: Changed percentages and hp values on Pride.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

nvm :D it was for right click :D... Hmm but still a tp with 1,7x move speed knife race would propably be op? Ofc depending on the jump distance

also I do think it's a bit weak atm.. And last time I played it the ult didn't work correctly so I dunno...

Edited by xmen

I'm okay for alerting it slightly, but a slight nerf last time took the race from being blatantly overpowered to being "balanced." I will consider the right click option more likely than the others.

I'm okay for alerting it slightly, but a slight nerf last time took the race from being blatantly overpowered to being "balanced." I will consider the right click option more likely than the others.

Wait, it was overpowered? Mind reexplaining what made it overpowered so I can know the reason why it was?

Wait, it was overpowered? Mind reexplaining what made it overpowered so I can know the reason why it was?

it moved faster and it's big swings reached farther.

5 seconds is indeed a long time, the range and speed were probably never the problem but rather the ult?

Also, revising my suggestion on Pride and reducing the ultimate idea.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

5 seconds is indeed a long time, the range and speed were probably never the problem but rather the ult?

Also, revising my suggestion on Pride and reducing the ultimate idea.

Okay, here is my idea - tell me if you think it's okay:

currently if he falls below say 80 hp he's invulnerable, but I'll also make it that during the ult duration if he falls below 160 hp and his ultimate is on he will regenerate 10-30% of the damage he takes for the remaining duration of the ultimate, or if he's already below double the hp invulnerability point he will just regenerate any damage taken until the duration is over.

One of the things I noticed about this race, is seemed to be an all-in race and once and if it survives it is generally useless afterwards due to being reduced to no hp. Ultimate immunity and damaging ultimates such as suicide will trump the invulnerability. I dunno about the regeneration idea, I sort of want to change the ultimate to something else as I suggested.

I'll have to think about this a little bit more...

Update:

• Rare but sometimes Big Swings will not work.
  • Ultimate: Pride will not be invulnerable to bonus damage and suicide explosions
  • Race is completely gimped without battlecry, gets stunned by bullets alone
Edited by BLiNDBoi

Yeah the ult's been broken forever :<

It was always intended to die to magical damage, I can make this one of the buffs if you feel that it would be necessary but then it can no longer disarm the bomb while in ult.