Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

Help w/ Adderall and eating deficit..

Idk if anyone in sG uses Adderall, but I do, and for those of you who don't know what it is, it's speed. Legal speed.

Ever since I've started taking it, I don't eat while I'm on it, and I don't feel hungry. When I do feel hungry, I feel hungry in the way of "I'm gonna throw up if I eat"... Like, being sick, or something.

It's starting to become a real problem. I mean, sure, I am losing some weight (Even though I'm not really overweight) and it's defining my muscles from working out, but eating this little can't be healthy for me. It's hard enough to eat my supplements before working out nowadays that I'm getting pretty scared.

I feel that if I continue to not eat (because I feel like I can't), it'll really hurt me down the road.

So, if anyone has gone through this or whatever, and know a way to eat without feeling terrible afterwords, please, tell me.

And I swear, it isn't bulimia. Well, I hope not. ;-;

Thanks in advance.

Are you using Adderall for studying? Or are you using it for ADHD? If you're doing it for the former, it isn't "Legal Speed", it's still illegal. If you're caught with black market adderall that isn't prescribed, you're fucked.

Edited by Oreo

Contact your doctor, phaggot. 

I've talked to crackheads (see: my sister), and they basically tell me that they experience the same thing. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. I just want to stop it..

Are you using Adderall for studying? Or are you using it for ADHD? If you're doing it for the former, it isn't "Legal Speed", it's still illegal.

ADHD.

Edited by Ichalvl

I've talked to crackheads (see: my sister), and they basically tell me that they experience the same thing. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. I just want to stop it..

ADHD.

Why you think a crackheads advice is relevant, i'm not really sure. This is entirely different than cocaine or crack. Call your doctor and tell him, it might have to do with your dosage or they might switch you to a different ADHD medicine.

Edited by Oreo

You're medicine should come with a leaflet that lists side effects and how to deal with it. Read that shit.

I did. Turns out, Adderall can give me just about anything. From headaches to violent heart attacks. 

I did. Turns out, Adderall can give me just about anything. From headaches to violent heart attacks. 

How long ago were you diagnosed with ADHD, were you catagorized as Attention Deficet or Hyperactive or inattention? First you should talk to whoever prescribed you the medication, they will either add on another to combat the side effects, reduce dosage, or change your medication.

How long ago were you diagnosed with ADHD, were you catagorized as Attention Deficet or Hyperactive or inattention? First you should talk to whoever prescribed you the medication, they will either add on another to combat the side effects, reduce dosage, or change your medication.

Attention Deficet. And yeah, I plan on talking to my doctor about this. It's hard to function without Adderall (Anyone who's ever seen me on Jailbreak late at night know this) so I really hope that there's some sort of change they can induce to fix it.

Attention Deficet. And yeah, I plan on talking to my doctor about this. It's hard to function without Adderall (Anyone who's ever seen me on Jailbreak late at night know this) so I really hope that there's some sort of change they can induce to fix it.

Yeah the Attention Deficit is, in my opinion, more annoying to deal with since most, if not all the treatments, are just drug based. Not sure what kinda dosage or time you are supposed to take it, I'm guessing in the morning, but I'd try to eat a large/filling meal that meets as many of your daily requirements as possible before you take it for the day, also add vitamin and mineral pills if needed until you can get back in with your doctor. 

Maybe look at what you eat and when? I had a problem earlier in the year when I had a pretty intensive basketball training and I wasn't eating enough calories, like 1500 when it should be 4000-5000. I started eating a larger meal when I wake up and not skipping breakfast which helped start my metabolism and I started eating more.

Might not be relevant to you as it may be drug related but I'm just adding my 2 cents.

Yeah bro I have a strong case of adhd, I never took adderall but I took this shit called vivance for a good 5 years it was like adderall and crack had a baby, I would get so much shit done but I also grew a pretty strong addiction to it so that wasn't too good lmao. Anyways It has the same effects I wouldn't eat like all day and when food was in front of me it would make me feel sick, the only thing I could really put down was water. Long story short I started losing alot of weight, so every morning before I would take it I would have a huuuuge breakfast, like some king shit. I would also skip a couple days and not take it so I could horde food to make up for the days where I didn't eat anything. That's what I did for about 3 years and I turned out fine. But If you feel like you have to take the drug every day to keep grades up or what ever you take it for then I would just go to your doctor and ask for a smaller mg/dose. I stopped taking that shit like 2 years ago tho cause it made me a zombie I wouldn't talk to my friends and shit and I would be mostly silent all day I didn't like it.

Edited by clarkus

Yeah bro I have a strong case of adhd, I never took adderall but I took this shit called vivance for a good 5 years it was like adderall and crack had a baby, I would get so much shit done but I also grew a pretty strong addiction to it so that wasn't too good lmao. Anyways It has the same effects I wouldn't eat like all day and when food was in front of me it would make me feel sick, the only thing I could really put down was water. Long story short I started losing alot of weight, so every morning before I would take it I would have a huuuuge breakfast, like some king shit. I would also skip a couple days and not take it so I could horde food to make up for the days where I didn't eat anything. That's what I did for about 3 years and I turned out fine. But If you feel like you have to take the drug every day to keep grades up or what ever you take it for then I would just go to your doctor and ask for a smaller mg/dose. I stopped taking that shit like 2 years ago tho cause it made me a zombie I wouldn't talk to my friends and shit and I would be mostly silent all day I didn't like it.

"turned out fine"

lol

my friends louis and gabe got hooked on adderall for a quick minute. Gabe does percocet and vicoden now and louis just quit cold turkey. Idk how to help yah all i know is sometimes its hard to get it up on adderall so if that helps any im glad to have been of service

Yea I take adderal and its really hard to gain weight. You gotta eat a lot just to maintain it. Its not just you, its a very common side effect.If its that big of a problem then yea I'd see your psychiatrist and try to swap meds to something else. 

Heard smoking pot helps, don't know how prevalent it is where you are or how willing you are to turn it into to a chronic habit just to regain some appetite. Working out and not eating enough is a good way to not gain any muscle though, I can tell you that.