Sign in to follow this  
Demonoid

A lil project

post-9883-0-05769400-1402112797_thumb.jpA little project im working on going to paint it some color not sure yet and have a 6.5 hp 212 cc motor new waiting to be put on

these are obviously before photos and will post after in a week or two whenever i get it all set up maybe a vid if ur lucky

post-9883-0-37430400-1402111835_thumb.jp

post-9883-0-90299400-1402111865_thumb.jp

post-9883-0-22948400-1402111796_thumb.jp

post-9883-0-05769400-1402112797_thumb.jp

and this is the new motor i am putting on it

Edited by Demonoid

Looks like an old briggs and stratton bike. Would be afraid to ride for fear of my leg skin being ripped off by spinning crank shaft.

Wonder what a 20hp twin cylinder would do :)

Edited by Professional Velo

Put a cover over the chain man.

Also switch the gears between the engine and the rear wheel ;)

ya i have to get a cover for the chain once i find one and wat do u mean switch the gears between the engine and the rear wheel?

Swap out the sprockets for different speed ratios. If you make the engine one larger and the wheel one smaller, you can go faster. but its kinda stupid to do alter that on a minibike

okay i see

ya it goes fast enough as it is, the only thing is that when im giving it full throttle the motor makes a revving noise going back and forth trying to say im not going to go any faster

is that just the governor in the way or wat?

Yes. That's the governor. If the engine goes any faster than that, it could blow up.

There's a reason we have rev limiters and governors.

well if i had a guide and followed it all correctly is it worth taking it out or can you adjust it to go a lil faster and still not blow the engine?

well if i had a guide and followed it all correctly is it worth taking it out or can you adjust it to go a lil faster and still not blow the engine?

Swap out the gears for more top speed or more acceleration.

Swap out the gears for more top speed or more acceleration.

This. Don't mess with the governor. That's all you need is an explosion with flying shrapnel between your legs.

get ready for long hospital visit if you crash

Yes. Don't touch it unless you know what you are doing.

I agree. I had a go cart that I pulled the governor off of, and the engine lasted about a month after.

Actually, I just helped a buddy of mine to assemble one of these a few weeks ago, though he bought a 6.5hp engine for some piece of lawn equipment, which was physically too large.  We had to cut the mount off the frame and reweld lower so it would clear the upper bars and scoot it off to the right about 2 inches, mount the centrifugal clutch backwards, and cut the spacers holding the rear wheel centered so we could move the wheel over to the left just so the sprocket would line up.