Sign in to follow this  
Arrkham

Official E3 2014 Thread

Sony was rather underwhelming. Technical glitches here and there were distracting, and they had a lot of whogivesashit information. Was also getting sick of them reiterating that things were exclusive to PlayStation. Also felt there were too many trailers and not enough gameplay, but it was cool to see gameplay of stuff that had only been shown in trailers up to that point.

Here's one of the only trailers I cared about at all.

I don't really get The Witcher. I bought the second one 'cause it was cheap and seemed like it would be worth the money. Haven't played it yet, but after watching someone play it on stream for a while, I dunno. Is it just mostly about the story and stuff? Gameplay wise, it seems a little thin, but maybe it just doesn't translate well until you actually play it yourself.

I don't really get The Witcher. I bought the second one 'cause it was cheap and seemed like it would be worth the money. Haven't played it yet, but after watching someone play it on stream for a while, I dunno. Is it just mostly about the story and stuff? Gameplay wise, it seems a little thin, but maybe it just doesn't translate well until you actually play it yourself.

indeed. I gots Witcher 1/2 on sale. Tried to get into the first because everybody was talking about the story and how the choices blah blah blah ... It wasn't working for me.

indeed. I gots Witcher 1/2 on sale. Tried to get into the first because everybody was talking about the story and how the choices blah blah blah ... It wasn't working for me.

The Witcher 1's gameplay is just awful shit, but supposedly the story's pretty cool. I couldn't trudge through it to find out though. The Witcher 2's gameplay however is quite fun and though it is relatively simplistic it's challenging and enjoyable. The game really does shine for the story though. Imagine Mass Effect character interactions where every option isn't either "FUCK YOU I'LL KILL YOU BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE" or "But what about the babies? We have to save them" and there's no giant bar telling you how much of an asshole or pussy you are. There are a lot of places in the story where you're forced to side with one person or another or to make decisions in the same vein and it never once feels like an obvious choice.

Edited by Dyscivist