Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Shop Menu items really need to be properly restricted.

Why can races with over 150+ health buy health but others can not

Why can races with built in heals and health regen buy regens and health but others can not

Why can races with increased movement speed buy boots and long jump while others can not

Why can races with damage reduction buy damage reduction items but others can not

Why can races with bonus damage built in can by claws but others can not

Helm of the legion really just needs to go the fuck away.

The shop menu and race restrictions on it needs a massive update or balance.Way to many races can buy things it just should not be allowed. Ya I got out the broom and its time for some cleaning up on a lot of the bullshit on the server. Down vote me make a sarcastic comment make a Josh post of "you keep coming back". Or actually look at it for what it is. I don't make rant threads when I am the only person who feels the way I do about certain things. Ya I have been a really whiny little bitch lately because frankly I am just tired of a lot of the shit that has been getting progressively worse on the server.

Edited by turbulance

Dude why do you keep moaning so much? Fuck me...if you don't like the server, go play a different one. 

If this was such a massive issue, dozens of people over the past 7 years would have complained about it, which they haven't.

You're mentioning all of these issues. You care enough to flame engineers that are working on the server, but not enough to calmly mention any solutions to any of our problems.

A) this server has not been up for 7 years

B) Anything you  enjoy is worth fighting for

C) People do bitch about the shop menu state

D)Even if the server was up for 7 years there are new races new mechanics mixing with old shop menu items and balancing issues.

E) People usually don't complain on the forums because they now all they get is responses like the one your giving. I give no fucks I am going to be honest and be up in your face about it.

I am not flaming anyone.Just bringing things to light and you guys take criticism like its personal attacks against you as a general. I think the fix is a blatantly obvious one it would just take effort. Go through all the races you guys have and re-adjust. 

Edited by turbulance

D)Even if the server was up for 7 years there are new races new mechanics mixing with old shop menu items and balancing issues.

E) People usually don't complain on the forums because they now all they get is responses like the one your giving. I give no fucks I am going to be honest and be up in your face about it.

Like i said, You offer no solutions and all you're doing is bitching at our engineers

I am not flaming anyone.Just bringing things to light and you guys take criticism like its personal attacks against you as a general. I think the fix is a blatantly obvious one it would just take effort. Go through all the races you guys have and re-adjust. 

We have had a Warcraft server for 7 years, I was stating it as an overall point, it wasn't the key ingredient, you don't need to pull teeth over it. 

Like Bullet said, if you care enough to want change, go about it the right way, by doing what you're doing you'll get ignored and hated. 

Emm taste the hate. I get replies in my threads so I don't feel ignored.

P.S. the shopmenu has been an issue like I said in the past go look at the threads for improvements or changes and you will see plenty of shop menu threads.

Edited by turbulance

okay, get a list of all the races that have this problem, document what they shouldnt/should be able to buy, then send the list over to BulletFord, Thorgot, or MrCoolness for their consideration to your changes. 

Have Fun!

Easy.

Delete everything in the shop menu but tombs jobs done.

That isn't a valid solution. The shopmenu is popular and adds another level of strategy to the game.

If you dislike something, you need to either suggest an alternative (which in this case is listing the shop restricts you think need to be added) or you need to calm yourself down.

The general rule of restricts has been races with speed can't buy boots of speed, races with longjump can't buy longjump, etc. The reason for these restricts are to prevent people from wasting their money. Anything on top of that is for balance. You'd be surprised how few balance restricts there are.

What, specifically, needs to be restricted and on what?

I thought what I listed was obvious in my first post

Races like human alliance buying health

Orc buying claws

Undead buying movements

Ranger buying chainmail same as a few others that have damage shields buying damage shield items.

Edited by turbulance

Post a list and stop flaming... Make google docs etc for your ideas and link the list

Thank you for your feedback.

I am not making documentation to the shit that goes on in this server most of it is blatant and obvious most of what I have said has been mentioned repeatedly and different occasions in the already present threads that exist on the shop menu. Those threads have been ignored or disregarded and little to nothing has changed. Take some fucking pride in your servers quality.

I am not making documentation to the shit that goes on in this server most of it is blatant and obvious most of what I have said has been mentioned repeatedly and different occasions in the already present threads that exist on the shop menu. Those threads have been ignored or disregarded and little to nothing has changed. Take some fucking pride in your servers quality.

What you think is obvious or blatant is not obvious or blatant to us. We are on the server a fraction of the time because of our other responsibilities (school, work, server development, real life) and because we also play other games just like you. But those aren't the main reason you need to give specific suggestions. That reason is that you giving us an incomplete suggestion with instructions to fill in the blanks implies that you think that our time is worth less than your time.

Can you link those threads that are so common? I read every post on this board and I don't remember seeing a thread about general item restrictions. If I missed it, I apologize.

Finally, to suggest we aren't proud of the server's quality makes no sense. I am very proud of the work we've all done and the fact that for almost a year now we've poured our free time into making a server for people to have fun on. We do this because we also like to play on the war3 server and because we like to see other people have fun on it. If we didn't have pride in the server's quality we wouldn't have spent the hundreds of hours on it we have. There are parts of the server I'm not proud of, but those are the parts that I want to improve. Please help us improve it, not with broad statements about what you dislike, but with specific suggestions. I think a lot of the ideas for consistency in your OP are good ones, but there are things I'd rather spend a few hours on than just coming up with the list of changes that you think need to be made.

Look this isn't your server if you want to have something like this make your own server. Sure it's got it's problems but it also got it's up points. thorgot and the rest of the engineers keep up the work.

Just we need a better server.