Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

War3 Server

Whats that you want more then 20 people on at once? Fuck that

What you want a descent choke? Fuck that

Frame Drops? Got'em

Rubber Banding? Got that shit too

Stuttering? Hell fucking ya

Owners who truly seem to not give a fuck? ALL MOTHER FUCKING DAY.

/end rant

And no Thorgot and other ENG this is not a stab at you so dont get your panties in a twist which I know you probly will anyways. If you do then good maybe you will do something about the server and its inability to support itself.

hey, idk what we can do about this. It would be nice to just be able to get an upgrade for the server, but idk how much of an upgrade is needed and what kind of money we have to throw at it. Has this been an issue for awhile? When did it start? Can we dedicate more cycles to war3 threads?    

I know turbulance is a bit rash about how he mentions shit, but its a totally valid point to make. It should be known the war3 is not at its full potential because of performance issues. I thought war3 might have been important enough to warrant some more talk about these issues, but I guess I'm mistaken.  

This issue has been going on for at least as long as we switched to this new server host. The lag only starts to get noticeable when its 18-20+ players and then from 24-28 its almost unplayable. Variance goes up into the 60's and sv hitting over 100 until enough people die to get back to 10-15 alive then it subsides a smidgen until the new round starts. It seems like the lag is coming from the massive amount of data the cpu is trying to handle from all the data transfer of the race plugins etc.

Also how about we deal with this before we shit out any more half tested races.

well said.

in all seriousness all you guys super against taking away the the 28 players? i don't know anything about what you guys do but i do know that dropping the player limit will fix that lag+var combo

Holy shit repeet is actually on the forums.

I can agree that the server has definitely had some issues, I've only noticed them as of recent though.

I believe reducing the player cap is a possibility, but at the same time I think the problem should be looked into a little bit beforehand. 

If it turns out to be a long-term problem, reducing the player cap can be used so that players are more satisfied with the quality of game play, while the server is being worked on.

I've said to make a second server at least twice now, if not several times on the server with others when lag reached its lovely quality of the 24-28 player range. Capping the servers at 20 players would not only be nice but you also will bring in new players. An issue with the mod in terms of new players is that when there are too many people on, and the lag is too difficult to deal with, those new guys won't bother trying out the mod. They just say, "What the hell is this," and then leave. This is partially due to the fact that sometimes there are just too many players on a smaller map or the map is inadequate in some way (Dolls is a particular favorite for this, anytime you're on dolls and its only 8 or so people on, if a new guy joins he usually leaves once he gets sniped by the human awper right above his spawn, especially if the human takes >100 damage.)