Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

Getting a new tablet for graduation. Ideas?

It's still going on and im sure the price will be more expensive then most but the whole point of this presentation is to blur the line between laptop and tablet.

12 inch screen, thinest i7 core tablet ever, the stand moves and stays at any angle, keyboard looks way better with a useful trackpad the whole keyboard flips to the screen a bit to stabilize so it feels like a laptop

40 percent better speakers, little to no pen latency 

Edited by ZachPL

It's still going on and im sure the price will be more expensive then most but the whole point of this presentation is to blur the line between laptop and tablet.

12 inch screen, thinest i7 core tablet ever, the stand moves and stays at any angle, keyboard looks way better with a useful trackpad the whole keyboard flips to the screen a bit to stabilize so it feels like a laptop

40 percent better speakers, little to no pen latency 

Nice.. the speaker volume and trackpad are probably my only gripes with the V1.. Dont know if I'd pull the trigger on a new one yet as I really only use it for work.

Intel® Core™ i3, 64 GB and 4 GB of RAM

$799

Intel® Core™ i5, 128 GB7 and 4 GB of RAM

$999

Intel® Core™ i5, 256 GB7 and 8 GB of RAM

$1,299

Intel® Core™ i7, 256 GB7 and 8 GB of RAM

$1,549

Intel® Core™ i7, 512 GB7 and 8 GB of RAM

$1,949

pretty decent prices for a tablet

Don't go cheap on the memory

Also I make Roms specifically for HTC phones

cool, i got an htc one on my shelf. link me your rom on xda

cool, i got an htc one on my shelf. link me your rom on xda

I got my old thunderbolt as well that's just gathering dust.. lets have it!

Went through and cleaned up all the off-topic and flaming bullshit in this thread. I am really eye'ing the surface 2. The surface pro 3 may be just a little much (money and power wise). 

Went through and cleaned up all the off-topic and flaming bullshit in this thread. I am really eye'ing the surface 2. The surface pro 3 may be just a little much (money and power wise).

After seeing the announcement, I'd recommend the 3. But the 2 is also a decent tablet, so no worry if you're grabbing that.

Lol rooting. How about you get a nexus and not have to root at all if you go the custom route. Or you could enjoy the amazing stock experience. Samsung tabs are lackluster, not even as good as the asus tablet. Why buy a tablet that literally needs changing the software almost immediately? No point. Nexus 7

"rooting" takes only a couple minutes on a non-dev platform.. even with nexus7 you need to unlock the bootloader (although it's only 1 fastboot command)   i would recommend to everyone that you root/unlockbl  and at a minimum put twrp or some recovery on there because stock recovery sucks. once you have a recovery, you can just fuck around with roms all day and revert to stock if for some reason you think you need to. 

my only gripe with the nexus7 (we're talking the new one i assume) is the screen size, which klark mentioned. its just hard to pick anything else up after using the 7, they're all so slow compared to it.

i would never buy a surface. there is a reason the cut prices so many times ( to the point that their investors were getting pissed) on the pc, sure windows is better for kids who are not smart, but in the tablet/phone world, android holds market share for a reason. linux rocks.

Surface Pro.

I only wish someone could figure out how to make an Android app that doesn't look like complete shit.

Duolingo, pushbullet and reddit sync are some of the best looking apps out there. Just to name a few.

Surface Pro.

I only wish someone could figure out how to make an Android app that doesn't look like complete shit.

aesthetics are personal taste, its why themes are so big in the android world.  basically, if you dont like the way something looks in android, it's probably because you're a lazy fuck.  sorry, truth hurts bitches

Duolingo, pushbullet and reddit sync are some of the best looking apps out there. Just to name a few.

Those apps do look okay for Android, but I don't have use for any of them. Pretty much any utility app on iOS looks and runs 9999999x better for some reason. It's like anyone with any graphic design knowledge...or eyeballs, for that matter, only develops for iOS.

basically, if you dont like the way something looks in android, it's probably because you're a lazy fuck. sorry, truth hurts bitches

How do I change the appearance of an app I didn't create?

Those apps do look okay for Android, but I don't have use for any of them. Pretty much any utility app on iOS looks and runs 9999999x better for some reason. It's like anyone with any graphic design knowledge...or eyeballs, for that matter, only develops for iOS.

That's your opinion I guess, but all of the stock Google apps and some select app store apps look great. I personally think I phones ui is really shitty. Like really bad.

you change the appearance of anything in android... clearly you judge without any research being done :(  iOS was made for those who can't handle doing things themselves though.. my 50 yr old mom loves it. :)  gj being on her level ;)

you change the appearance of anything in android... clearly you judge without any research being done :(  iOS was made for those who can't handle doing things themselves though.. my 50 yr old mom loves it. :)  gj being on her level ;)

I'm still waiting for an answer. How do I change the appearance of an app I haven't created. How do I alter the colors, text, and graphics used in the app?

I'm still waiting for an answer. How do I change the appearance of an app I haven't created. How do I alter the colors, text, and graphics used in the app?

Xposed framework probably. Or you can deodex the app and theme it from there. XDA-Developers has some custom themed apps.

Also, the reason iOS apps seem to run faster is because the way processes are prioritized. On iOS, the "drawing" process for applications is prioritized above EVERYTHING (including the main OS processes). While this may look good to the user, it can cause other problems. 

Xposed framework probably. Or you can deodex the app and theme it from there.

lmao, yeah let me just do that. Even if I were that much of a bored nerd, you can't make a shitty looking app into a nice looking one, which was my point.

Also, the reason iOS apps seem to run faster is because the way processes are prioritized. On iOS, the "drawing" process for applications is prioritized above EVERYTHING (including the main OS processes). While this may look good to the user, it can cause other problems.

I'm mostly fine with how Android apps run, but I wish Android had even 50% as many pretty apps as iOS.

Xposed framework probably. Or you can deodex the app and theme it from there. XDA-Developers has some custom themed apps.

this is dead on

lmao, yeah let me just do that. Even if I were that much of a bored nerd, you can't make a shitty looking app into a nice looking one, which was my point.

I'm mostly fine with how Android apps run, but I wish Android had even 50% as many pretty apps as iOS.

not sure why you're being a shit about it now, you got your answer and clearly you can make a "shitty looking app" into a nice looking one. it's pretty simple if you learn how to do it.  ios is intended to be pretty, its why girls and old ppl like it; android is intended to be functional 

guess what, mac os is prettier than windows and windows is prettier than linux (unless you're not dumb)... so it stands to reason, ios is prettier than windows mobile, and windows mobile is prettier than android. and guess what? android holds the most market share because it WORKS the best.