Sign in to follow this  
MrCoolness

War3 Race Testers [LAST CHANCE FOR 1ST BATCH]

HELLO

So, the Engineers of War3 would first like to thank all of those who posted in the previous thread with interest to became a Race Tester on War3.

Now, if anyone at all would like to become a race tester for War3 please post below why you would make a good race tester (I want a paragraph type of answer), please post your hours played on the server in the last 3 months, and please post your top 3 recommendations for who should be a race tester besides yourself.

All players who are applying to be a race tester will have an equal opportunity based on the above criteria. If you decide you want to be lazy for example and only write a sentence, where as someone else leaves a full paragraph response, you bet that they will have a much higher chance of becoming a race tester.

Race testers will be selected TOMORROW, May 19th. Race testers will be implemented on May 20th. The position of race tester will be given for a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 6 months, this depends on your activity and contribution, but it is a guaranteed 3 months.

Again, to reiterate please post below:

• A full paragraph (or more) of why you would be a good race tester
  • Your hours played on the server in the last 3 months
  • Your top 3 recommendations for who should be a race tester besides yourself

P.S. ALL RACE TESTERS WHO ABUSE IMPROPERLY WORKING TEST RACES WITHIN THE DURATION OF THEIR COMMITMENT ARE LIABLE TO BE REMOVED AS RACE TESTERS WITHOUT ANY NOTICE

I would be a good race tester because I would never give precise feedback. I would be a good race tester because I know how to whore tester races. I would be a good race tester because im the top fgt on server obv. Another sentence for this to be a paragraph.

I haven't played at all in last 3 months so rip

Obv I should be only tester

pls coolness y u link me dis shit

My experience in testing races is very good. As stated in the last thread, I, along with 3 or 4 others, tested every race on the WCS1 server to determine exactly what needed to be fixed. I also have a decent amount of knowledge as to what races are supposed to do what. 

Link to my gameme page for war3 >> http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/546566

BlindBoi, Ika, Ghoul (lol)

Uhh, I've played WCS forever and have occasionally helped engineers fix and test races on the dev server.

lots of hours past 3 months

I've played WCS since the days of UV and have loved it since. I tested races before for yiyas before i went on a 4-5 month break due to school and life. As cocky as it sounds, I'm fairly good at csgo, whether it be normal or wc3 so i can usually figure out if something is just too strong fairly quickly. I also just got out of school and am graduating tomorrow so I literally have nothing better to do than just sit here and play this game all day as I don't have a job and rather play games than party every night. Essentially I have no life.

Time played is 2 days 21:47 hours most of that being in the past month or two since I just got my computer and school work got easier. http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/545707

Blindboi, knifemaster, repeet

Edited by edge

I have seen races that are overpowered and such as scarlet with chainmail, and avoid them. Play the game without glitches and bugs. Give feedback to thorgot, bulletford, or coolness which race is broken like ranger of the wood glitch. Ask for server restart because of races broken. 

http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/607221

Root, dmech, tortoise

Blindboi, knifemaster, repeet

Repeet would abuse the shit out of broken races
Edited by infested marine

I want to be a racetester. A racetester, I want to be. What do I want to be? A racetester. Racetester. It's what I hope to be. Racetesters? Who needs them? I need them.

Why should I be a racetester? Lol. Because. Racetester. That's something I should be. Why? Because I should be a racetester.

Who else should be a racetester? Wintergreen, The green of Winter, and Wintergreen.

http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/547002

Repeet would abuse the shit out of broken races

Repeet knows the game pretty well, if he didn't abuse them he could actually give really good feedback.

edit for spelling

Edited by edge

Will their be reelections?

A full paragraph (or more) of why you would be a good race tester

I just graduated with a degree majoring in gaming. Thus, I have some experience with team oriented development and I have a very good general understanding of program development. I may not know the language or anything about the wc3 mod itself but that it because I never cared to learn it. Even with a halfassed game we created I enjoyed fucking around with variables and finding code bugs... love-hate relationship I should say.

Your hours played on the server in the last 3 months

I probably have a number but I will let my SO status and days worth of hours from the past to do the speaking for me. However this is the truth, I have not been playing wc3 too much because of school and social life and soon to be in the job market. I cannot and will not guarantee strong activity because of the nature of who I am. I will however, if even the position to given I will put effort to give my input on whatever races that need to be tested as and when they are given to be tested.

Your top 3 recommendations for who should be a race tester besides yourself

Teflon, Ika, Wintergreen, xmen, Knifemaster, tort, edge (You pick three, muwahahahaha!)

Edited by BLiNDBoi

I want to be a race tester so I may help see what races need to be buffed and what ones need to be nerfed (god damn nature wisp). I have not played this server very long, but from when I have started playing it, I have played it very much (http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/598073). The three people I believe deserve race tester would be Knifemaster, Edge, and Tortoise. I understand that I haven't played for very long compared to the other people applying and I understand why I would be denied, but I just hope that you will give me a chance.

I want to be a racetester. A racetester, I want to be. What do I want to be? A racetester. Racetester. It's what I hope to be. Racetesters? Who needs them? I need them.

Why should I be a racetester? Lol. Because. Racetester. That's something I should be. Why? Because I should be a racetester.

Who else should be a racetester? Wintergreen, The green of Winter, and Wintergreen.

http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/547002

You live an hour from me... Weird.

Repeet knows the game pretty well, if he didn't abuse them he could actually give really good feedback.

edit for spelling

When scarlet was broken he would use it 24/7 but he did give feedback i think

I would like to be a race tester, but i dont have enough time on warcraft 3.

And i have played only a few times WCS1

The 3 people should be:

ATG, DrKhan, Tortoise

Edited by Lv. 100 Crobat

I've played WCS since 08, so I know my way around the server and its races. I don't have any real coding experience but I took some basic java classes so I at least know some coding logic, and that helps me try to figure out what's broken with races. I have pretty much every race maxed and I don't whore any races, and I'm a good all-around player so I'd like to think my evaluation skills are pretty good. I utilize war3bug frequently when I find something wrong, and I'm active on mic and chat so it's easy for me to ask about whatever race I'm playing. I contact engineers asap if I find something broken with any races or think something is a balance problem (read: I whine a lot to thorgot).

I haven't been very active in the past 6 months or so due to school, but summer's coming up so I should have plenty of time available soon. Gameme: http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/546096

blindboi, rootbeer, wintergreen

Since coolness wanted me to, here goes. I haven't been very active these past months just like Ika and Blindboi( computer fried, I have relocated to a different place for university studies, life happened), I took a hiatus and now I'm back. Seeing as how summer is coming I will definitely be on more. Onto why I should help test race, I have a deep understanding of the mod and its intricacies, I have my races maxed out which would allow me more time to figure out any balance issues and potential bugs. I'd like to consider myself as one of the top players in levels and skill in wcs although I don't want to say that being a good player makes a good playtester ( It helps though). I'm really vocal about this stuff, and I get into it, and I will probably spam thorgot's or Coolness' inbox at 2 in the morning concerning races :)

I'm going to recommend people based on experience and knowledge about the wcs mod: Blindboi, Ika, Knifemaster, and Rootbeer (Fuck your 3 recommendations)