Sign in to follow this  
Skotti

Logitech g930 vs g35s

Has anyone owned the g930? Its on sale for 89 at best buy right now and my new pup chewed through my usb cord last night on my g35s. 

I love my g35s, but would like wireless. 

also the g35s are 10 bucks more

I owned a pair of g35s for 2 years. About a year and a half in, the sound started degrading, frequencies were getting muddled, and the bass was almost completely gone.

Up until then, they were delicious, although the surround sound coulda been better. If it's your first time using surround sound headphones, then wtv, it's fine.

The build is GREAT. Those things are hella durable; Much more durable than my Siberia V2s that just crapped out recently, not a year of usage out of them. There is so much metal in the g35s.

One major issue with the g35s is the leather/pleather crap on the cushions will eventually start to rip off and stick to your head, leaving a gluey, goopy mess on the cushions. They dry up after a while and start being good again, but after that, I'm done with any cushions like that.

If you want to pay a little higher for a far better investment, I'd recommend purchasing a good pair of headphones and getting yourself a ModMic once the ModMic 4s are available. Headsets are just cheap settle peripherals IMO.

EDIT: You should ask Noms about the g930s btw. I believe he uses them. Oh, and the g930s are basically the same as the g35s, but I mean, if you wanted confirmation, yeh.

I owned a pair of g35s for 2 years. About a year and a half in, the sound started degrading, frequencies were getting muddled, and the bass was almost completely gone.

Up until then, they were delicious, although the surround sound coulda been better. If it's your first time using surround sound headphones, then wtv, it's fine.

The build is GREAT. Those things are hella durable; Much more durable than my Siberia V2s that just crapped out recently, not a year of usage out of them. There is so much metal in the g35s.

One major issue with the g35s is the leather/pleather crap on the cushions will eventually start to rip off and stick to your head, leaving a gluey, goopy mess on the cushions. They dry up after a while and start being good again, but after that, I'm done with any cushions like that.

If you want to pay a little higher for a far better investment, I'd recommend purchasing a good pair of headphones and getting yourself a ModMic once the ModMic 4s are available. Headsets are just cheap settle peripherals IMO.

EDIT: You should ask Noms about the g930s btw. I believe he uses them. Oh, and the g930s are basically the same as the g35s, but I mean, if you wanted confirmation, yeh.

Have a G35 for 2 years now and the sound is still like when it was new. then leather indeed rips off but it isn't a big problem. My right speakt broke off though but was able to glue it and it's back to normal now

Edited by Master Chief

Have a G35 for 2 years now and the sound is still like when it was new. then leather indeed rips off but it's a big problem. My right speakt broke off though but was able to glue it and it's back to normal now

I think it varies from unit to unit. My friend owned his for 4 years before they started to crap out. He owned his before I owned mine, if that's relevant.

my 930's broke at the charger after about a year of use- shitty design cheap microusb

dont have a torx that size cant even fix myself :|

my g500 has been giving me issues after a year and a half - starting to suspect logitech of chinese jewness