Sign in to follow this  
Count

Insomnia

Am I the only one in this community that only sleeps 4 hours on average?

If you have overcome it I'd like to know how.

nope, I also sleep 4~ hours, but I take a 2 hour nap later in the day (which doesn't really help)

Am I the only one in this community that only sleeps 4 hours on average?

If you have overcome it I'd like to know how.

I have the double whammy.. have trouble falling asleep + sleep apnea.. I'd love to know what it felt like to wake up actually refreshed.. 

If you havent tried it, i'd suggest picking up some melatonin at CVS/Walgreens/whateveriswhereyoulive. Its a natural, non-addictive supplement. I've used it in the past with decent results. 

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/melatonin-overview

Edited by Clamps

Extreamly hard to go to sleep, and even when i do sleep it will only be for an hour max. Never wake up refreshed, always more tired when i wake up then when i went to sleep. Ussualy just stay up for sometimes 5 days in a row (like i just ended up doing.)

I wish i could be wake up refreshed and energized.

I have the double whammy.. have trouble falling asleep + sleep apnea.. I'd love to know what it felt like to wake up actually refreshed.. 

If you havent tried it, i'd suggest picking up some melatonin at CVS/Walgreens/whateveriswhereyoulive. Its a natural, non-addictive supplement. I've used it in the past with decent results. 

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/melatonin-overview

From all of your shouts in the shitbox, I believe your sleep problems come from drinking 24/7

From all of your shouts in the shitbox, I believe your sleep problems come from drinking 24/7

Ah on the contrary sir. I only drink on weekends....and thursdays..

And if i'm at a sporting event...

http://imgur.com/gallery/AxqDZZH

I'd suggest some of this.

Also, do NOT take melatonin. It's great for the first week, then it will fuck you up after you stop taking it. Literally. If you thought sleeping four hours was bad, you won't sleep after this.

On the flip side, I guarantee, as much as people hate to admit it, your insomnia derives from using the computer all the time. You're exposed to so much information in a day after browsing who knows what, and now you're left to process the information whilst attempting to sleep. As mentioned in the article, a good way to get to sleep is to get off the computer 45 minutes to an hour before bed, then try to sleep after that. Personally I don't know how well this works myself.

For me, I just set a certain sleep schedule and abide by it regularly. Your body eventually adapts to this and will naturally get tired during the time you normally sleep at. ( You will need to do this during weekends as well for it to work. ) Otherwise your body doesn't know when your sleep regularly, and you end up staying up half the night.

There's also a bunch of other neat tips in there too, but these are the main things I found affect how one sleeps.

http://imgur.com/gallery/AxqDZZH

I'd suggest some of this.

Also, do NOT take melatonin. It's great for the first week, then it will fuck you up after you stop taking it. Literally. If you thought sleeping four hours was bad, you won't sleep after this.

On the flip side, I guarantee, as much as people hate to admit it, your insomnia derives from using the computer all the time. You're exposed to so much information in a day after browsing who knows what, and now you're left to process the information whilst attempting to sleep. As mentioned in the article, a good way to get to sleep is to get off the computer 45 minutes to an hour before bed, then try to sleep after that. Personally I don't know how well this works myself.

For me, I just set a certain sleep schedule and abide by it regularly. Your body eventually adapts to this and will naturally get tired during the time you normally sleep at. ( You will need to do this during weekends as well for it to work. ) Otherwise your body doesn't know when your sleep regularly, and you end up staying up half the night.

There's also a bunch of other neat tips in there too, but these are the main things I found affect how one sleeps.

Never trust a fur.

A friend thinks I might starting to develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

He read an article about P.T.S.D. and noticed that I started to show a lot of the symptoms such as prone to emotional outbursts (in which I usually never had one in the past), bad dreams related to the event or a person that is important to the event, and troubles going to sleep and staying asleep. I noticed the symptoms about 1 months ago and it gotten worst over time. 

Sometimes, it takes me 4 hours to get to sleep. Also, I usually wake up to night terrors that is related to the situation I had to go through.

He read an article about P.T.S.D. and noticed that I started to show a lot of the symptoms such as prone to emotional outbursts (in which I usually never had one in the past), bad dreams related to the event or a person that is important to the event, and troubles going to sleep and staying asleep. I noticed the symptoms about 1 months ago and it gotten worst over time. 

Sometimes, it takes me 4 hours to get to sleep. Also, I usually wake up to night terrors that is related to the situation I had to go through.

lol

does anyone else notice that this kid seems to get a new problem in his life every time someone talks about their own problems? we may have to begin listing them or we may lose track.

does anyone else notice that this kid seems to get a new problem in his life every time someone talks about their own problems? we may have to begin listing them or we may lose track.

I seem to remember when you had a hardcore parkour accident every month or so.  How's your leg doing?

I seem to remember when you had a hardcore parkour accident every month or so.  How's your leg doing?

broke it again and broke 2 toes of my other foot when attempting to save a puppy that had fallen into a canal 

broke it again and broke 2 toes of my other foot when attempting to save a puppy that had fallen into a canal 

Was that before or after you jumped over your friend's pickup truck and broke your leg?

Was that before or after you jumped over your friend's pickup truck and broke your leg?

close but no dice, i backflipped over 3 flaming buses landed in the canal and saved the puppy

close but no dice, i backflipped over 3 flaming buses landed in the canal and saved the puppy

oh wait, that was right after you passed warden to me and went AFK for 10 minutes.  I remember.

oh wait, that was right after you passed warden to me and went AFK for 10 minutes.  I remember.

yeah but before you jc and i went into a forest to look for pages as i read your apps outloud.