Sign in to follow this  
Fetterolf

Rule claification

I was wondering if one of the JCS/Advisers could give me come clarification on the whoring rule on WC3. How long do you have to wait after reaching the 24+ kills and 4:1 KDR before you are allowed to come back after leaving just to whore to that point again? I have seen 4-5 people in the last few weeks come on to whore a race they have 80+ levels in, leave and change their name, and rejoin just to whore again the same map or the start of the next map. Is there a clear cut timeline of when someone is allowed to leave and rejoin after whoring and if so what is the punishment for someone who does leave, change name, and rejoin to get around the rule? and how do we go about reporting it since its hard to record a demo for that length of time.

This doesn't need staff input, it's blatantly against the rules, report whoever's doing it.

I know it's against the rules I would like to know how long the person has to wait after leaving before they can rejoin to whore again. Is it 15 minutes, 2 maps etc so we can track it more effectively and get the abusers dealt with.

Edited by Fetterolf

This is why our race whoring script is 100% useless. It needs to ban them from that race for a round time or atleast let admins know how long a whoring ban goes for. This ban also has to extend between maps. If the rules is per say like 10 rounds the offender cannot be on the race for those 10 whether or not the map changes. We really need a better whoring rule period.

This is why our race whoring script is 100% useless. It needs to ban them from that race for a round time or atleast let admins know how long a whoring ban goes for. This ban also has to extend between maps. If the rules is per say like 10 rounds the offender cannot be on the race for those 10 whether or not the map changes. We really need a better whoring rule period.

I don't understand what's wrong with our whoring rule, I mean our script is pretty useless, but the rule is fine.

If someone is whoring and then leaves and rejoins, I think we should just not allow the person to play that race for the remainder of the map, this is just my opinion on how we should enforce the rule in this case. This is ultimately up to Thorgot and coolness though, I'll ask one of them what they think.

If an admin isn't online you should just get proof and report them in the complaint department.

I don't understand what's wrong with our whoring rule, I mean our script is pretty useless, but the rule is fine.

If someone is whoring and then leaves and rejoins, I think we should just not allow the person to play that race for the remainder of the map, this is just my opinion on how we should enforce the rule in this case. This is ultimately up to Thorgot and coolness though, I'll ask one of them what they think.

If an admin isn't online you should just get proof and report them in the complaint department.

But what then when they just get on another race they have 100+ levels in to whore that race next connect then go back to the previous race when they whore that etc. With that rule what stops them from just whoring 2 races and alternating between their "ban" of the race.

Edited by Fetterolf

If it's a new map it's a new scoreboard and they are allowed to play their favorite race again.

Soon when I'm done my exams the great balancing will begin.

But what then when they just get on another race they have 100+ levels in to whore that race next connect then go back to the previous race when they whore that etc. With that rule what stops them from just whoring 2 races and alternating between their "ban" of the race.

That wouldn't really work in the way you described, unless you're reconnecting to reset your score (which would be considered evasion of the rule). If you have a KDR of over 4:1 it will change you off any race that is max level. You can't for example play a race level 80, get your 24+ kills & KDR, then switch to another race that is already max level. It will force you off said race in one round, assuming you kept your 4:1 KDR. If you have every race leveled to max it will randomly change your race every round until you're below a KDR of 4:1. From what I understand you basically can't (shouldn't) play that race again until map change, but from a code/gameplay perspective you're not actually banned from it.

The way I understood the rule is basically on each new map you have a clean slate, you can play your level 80+ race until you get you get changed, you can't return to it until next map.

If it's a new map it's a new scoreboard and they are allowed to play their favorite race again.

Soon when I'm done my exams the great balancing will begin.

Same boat, exam and grad ceremony this week. If you plan on doing whore script revamping let me know I got a couple ideas.

Same boat, exam and grad ceremony this week. If you plan on doing whore script revamping let me know I got a couple ideas.

I just want to beef up all the unused races and slow down all the tough ones, maybe make the server a little less hectic

IMO the races with a lot movement need to be toned down a bit and Elvish, Ranger and Golden Tail should definitely be hit with the nerf hammer.

IMO the races with a lot movement need to be toned down a bit and Elvish, Ranger and Golden Tail should definitely be hit with the nerf hammer.

Elvish should be a bit slower, ranger should get less damage reduction, and golden tail shouldn't have any evade. Problem solved.

Fuck off my Golden Tail, don't fucking nerf it again.

I agree, Golden Tail is fine, it's easily countered, it's your own fault if you let them merc you over and over again. 

Krillin also dodges 100% of headshots now, not sure if it's been reported or not. I tested it out in a 1v1 and allowed the guy to shoot me repeatedly point blank in the head, avoided 100%. Fuck Krillin & bowlcut powers. 

I agree, Golden Tail is fine, it's easily countered, it's your own fault if you let them merc you over and over again. 

Krillin also dodges 100% of headshots now, not sure if it's been reported or not. I tested it out in a 1v1 and allowed the guy to shoot me repeatedly point blank in the head, avoided 100%. Fuck Krillin & bowlcut powers. 

It looks like it's working, tested and got killed twice from headshots

It looks like it's working, tested and got killed twice from headshots

When was this tested? I tested this with somebody last Monday, not sure if anythings been touched up on it since.