Sign in to follow this  
Popsicle_Ninja

Thinkin bout a new car

I currently have a '98 Mitsubishi Eclipse, am considering buying either a Mitsubishi 3000GT or a Mazda RX8, any thoughts here sG? I am open to any pros, cons, or meh's about these cars you can offer :D

Define reliability my eclipse has 133k and is still holding up, I like the look of both cars I've done more looking into the Mazda than the 3000gt and I like the concept of the rotary engine but I haven't done any serious looking just saw two cool looking cars that seem to run fairly well, what would you say is unreliable about them? Also this is not a going to buy short term thing, but I like to find a car I would like to have then keep an eye on the market until I find a price I like.

Eclipses are not the most reliable thing on the road. The 3000GT was a good body style but was shit for reliability, even with maintenance. Rotary engines are extremely expensive to fix when it comes to needing fixing. Which is often. 

Kinda why you see 2005+ RX-8's going for 6-7000 or less.

Eclipses are not the most reliable thing on the road. The 3000GT was a good body style but was shit for reliability, even with maintenance. Rotary engines are extremely expensive to fix when it comes to needing fixing. Which is often. 

Kinda why you see 2005+ RX-8's going for 6-7000 or less.

This, not to say rotaries break every other day or anything, they are decently solid imo.... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut rotaries are solid up until they day they aren't, then shell out an arm, leg, and first born son to fix it.

3000GT is a solid body style, but too much upkeep on maintenance, especially the electronics, plus they get pretty crap MPG.

If you're looking for like a used japanese sport coupe I'd say 240SX, Integra Coupe, or Civic EK. Those cars are like cherry picking though, there is a lot of crap to sort though on craigslist before you find a decent one.

This, not to say rotaries break every other day or anything, they are decently solid imo.... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut rotaries are solid up until they day they aren't, then shell out an arm, leg, and first born son to fix it.

3000GT is a solid body style, but too much upkeep on maintenance, especially the electronics, plus they get pretty crap MPG.

If you're looking for like a used japanese sport coupe I'd say 240SX, Integra Coupe, or Civic EK. Those cars are like cherry picking though, there is a lot of crap to sort though on craigslist before you find a decent one.

+1 on the integra. had one, felt like a solid ass car. Kinda wish I didn't sell it.

+1 on the integra. had one, felt like a solid ass car. Kinda wish I didn't sell it.

Also the integra is the most likely you'll find that hasn't been effed with all to hell. Too many teenagers watching FAST N FURIOUSSSSS that then go out and buy a 240SX or Civic with no actual idea of how to work on one or modify it correctly. Luckily the Integra somehow managed to fly under the ricer radar.

Whats your price range? If it is around 15k I would rather buy a good German car which will last me for some time. Audi, Mercedes, BMW pick your poison. Of course you won't get the newest off the line car with that money but you can still manage a good car in the mid 2000s range.

i would love to go german, lots of room under the hood for working most of the time, ill check out the integra, and i dont quite have a price range because im not in need of a car mines holding up but im lookin to upgrade eventually. I have seen the CRX and it looked nice, another car that i was looking at before getting my eclipse was a prelude. But i couldnt find one that wasnt over priced as shit nor beaten the hell out of or "customized with butterfly doors and a "dope" system" :l

Another car i was looking at was a camaro ZROC the late 80s early 90s version of a baller ass car

i would love to go german, lots of room under the hood for working most of the time, ill check out the integra, and i dont quite have a price range because im not in need of a car mines holding up but im lookin to upgrade eventually. I have seen the CRX and it looked nice, another car that i was looking at before getting my eclipse was a prelude. But i couldnt find one that wasnt over priced as shit nor beaten the hell out of or "customized with butterfly doors and a "dope" system" :l

Another car i was looking at was a camaro ZROC the late 80s early 90s version of a baller ass car

Don't rice out a chevy. Also no big dumb ass 24 inch rims plis

lol i dont rice out cars, i just paint them and make them have loud speakers and flashy lights on the interior, chevy makes a good muscle no need for me to change their vehicle, its got more umph than is nescassary

I wouldn't exactly agree that there's lots of room under the hood on german cars, atleast not in the ones from 1990ish and newer..

Keep in mind that I never owned or had anything to do with a japanese car tho so I can't really compare the two.

So you rice them out.

by paint i mean black with a veerrrryyy small red line going from front end to back and interior lighting isnt that much of ricer thing, just looks a bit cooler. I dont go to over the top.