Sign in to follow this  
Tucker

Online degree?

It's still from ASU though.. does that change anything?

I'd just get to live somewhere other than bumass AZ

Edited by Tucker

Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.g

but if your college courses will be the same ones your take already in ASU then i see no reason why you can't leave your shitty city and live somewhere better, but i do think you should be warned there is a high chance that doing this will mean the classes are much harder and you won't be able to get help from other people when it comes to homework because you won't have a teacher or other students to speak to, but hey if you are willing then go ahead and do it.

/>/>/>

anyone who says that hasn't had a good college experience.

Or they just realized it isnt quite worth the price

tag over here.

Now my current college is considered cheap and it is still >3000 a semester.

Edited by Joscal

Or they just realized it isnt quite worth the price

tag over here.

Now my current college is considered cheap and it is still >3000 a semester.

That's because you go to UTSA.

Go to UT Austin and i'm fairly certain you'll be having fun. Even then, you're still getting a cheap education from one of the better academic institutes in the nation.

Edited by Oreo

Got dat free tuition swag cuz my dad was in the army. But yeah college is hella expensive, the private schools that I got into had ridiculous price tags, only way I'd be able to afford them is if I got huge scholarships.

Edited by BananaPeelz

No I go to Texas A&M - San Antonio, my tuition and fees per semester are $2923 for 12+ hours

My account this semester.

The same at UTSA is ~$4205 for 12+ hours

https://utsa.edu/admissions/undergrad/apply/costs.html

And at UT the cheapest is $4673 for 12+ hours.

http://www.utexas.edu/business/accounting/pubs/tf_undergrad_fall12.pdf

obv both the ut and utsa are estimates beacuse I don't have exact figures.

Last...One good reason to go to an actual college is job fairs.

I go to a really small college yet our job fair next week has over 50 employers including USAA (my target)

I am competing with less than 10 other computer science majors and one or two other math majors for the internships there.

Edited by Joscal

I got my degree online. Printed it out with my own ink and everything! It's like I'm really a skilled worker now!

although maybe i shoulda printed out something better than an art major

Money isn't an issue for me ;)

but if I did it online I could live in cali with my doge.. and if i don't I could live in an apartment by campus which could still be fun.

but without my doge :(...it's a struggle

Edited by Tucker

but if I did it online I could live in cali with my doge.. and if i don't I could live in an apartment by campus which will be fun.

Off campus living is awesome. as long as you can convince yourself to drive to campus.

It's not just about getting your degree, the whole going to college is a 'chapter in your life', you're not going to want to miss out on it.

A lot of my friends out of high school went a few hours away for the "college experience" drinking partying getting away from parents. Now almost all of them are going to the same college as me in our city. The college experience doesn't last. I almost went to a 40k a semester school but decided there isn't really a reason to in the long run, I think I made the better choice living at home instead of transferring in debt after a few years

A lot of my friends out of high school went a few hours away for the "college experience" drinking partying getting away from parents. Now almost all of them are going to the same college as me in our city. The college experience doesn't last. I almost went to a 40k a semester school but decided there isn't really a reason to in the long run, I think I made the better choice living at home instead of transferring in debt after a few years

I'm lucky because my educational costs get covered by my father, I can understand that in America you'd rather not build up a 100k+ debt. 

but if I did it online I could live in cali with my doge.. and if i don't I could live in an apartment by campus which could still be fun.

We could have Siesan room with you. He's a qualified doge.

On a serious note though, the issue with doing it online is that it's very questionable by employers. You're better off transferring to a nearby Cali school instead(UCLA, SDSU, USC, etc).

Edited by Oreo

Make sure to read the reviews of whatever online school you are considering because most of them will have a lot of negative reviews. Also make sure to do some research on the online school you are considering because some of them wont transfer credits and shit like that.

Also guys if shes doing an online program at a major university as in she gets a degree from Arizona State University through one of the distance learning programs it is no different than if she went there. Not every online college is phoenix university and shit.

Nearly every College or University I have looked at has had Online courses. The difference between and Online degree and a in-class degree at the same university is just you showing up physically to a class.

I wouldn't recommend online classes unless you have the drive to do the work and watch the lectures.

The only classes that aren't offered to take online at most University are classes with Lab components-- such as Chemistry, Physics, some math Courses. This depends on your major and if you can get GE classes that don't require labs.