Sign in to follow this  
Firefighter_DK

I'm a little confused

Someone from a different country than you that is asking a honest question about racism is dumb? Okay.

Is it so hard to pick up a fucking book? Really?

So much information out in the world about this very topic and you come to a public sG forum to ask such an idiotic question?

Please inform me how this is an honest question.

Edited by Detective Nom Noms

So much information out in the world about this very topic and you come to a public sG forum to ask such an idiotic question?

it is, tell me why the fuck, black people make songs whit the word Nigger if it only is for to be rasist?

in denmark, we dont make songs about perker and black pigs, that is one of the reason i do not understand it

one more time the word Nigger in denmark is a dude from africa

i am not tryning to be a dick in here

Ok, coming from a black guy people call each other the n word whenever, but it all depends on the people or the situation that they are in. Most black people don't care if you call them a "nigga" but some might feel offended if you use it with the "er" ending. In songs its not meant to be racist, but some people might see it as racist. I honestly could care less and this thread imo was pointless to make. Why does it really matter to you if its racist or not? IS the song offending you? But thats just my opinion.

Okay, so his main question was if only people from the US were offended by the word. He gives valid points on how the N word is not racist in his home country of Denmark and how Sweden and Norway don't use the N word as a racial slur.

but I am very confused, if black people singing the N word, are they racists, or they make fun of black people??

When a black person uses Nigga its usually just a friendly term amongst them. Its similar to how some people will use the word Bro amongst their friends.

Ok, coming from a black guy people call each other the n word whenever, but it all depends on the people or the situation that they are in. Most black people don't care if you call them a "nigga" but some might feel offended if you use it with the "er" ending. In songs its not meant to be racist, but some people might see it as racist. I honestly could care less and this thread imo was pointless to make. Why does it really matter to you if its racist or not? IS the song offending you? But thats just my opinion.

I hear often that word at home and from other black people who are my friends, and for them it is not to be rasist 

but in the U.S. it is very different 

that's why I ask 

and'm sorry if people misunderstand my question

it is, tell me why the fuck, black people make songs whit the word Nigger if it only is for to be rasist?

in denmark, we dont make songs about perker and black pigs, that is one of the reason i do not understand it

one more time the word Nigger in denmark is a dude from africa

i am not tryning to be a dick in here

Because, while it may not be the same for every black individual, they are trying to suck the poison out of the word while other people are just spitting it back in when they say it.

Here is the thing. NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS.

For some reason in certain parts of black culture, the word "nigga" is a term for a friend. ex. "That's my nigga."  If you ask a person who just uses the word "nigga" freely like that they will always say it doesn't mean the same thing at all. "it's all in the context in which you use it."

Which is what LOPEZ was getting at by telling you to read up on the word.... Context.

"Nigger" is a derogatory term. Simple as that. I would also consider "Nigga" as a derogatory term. If the person is black or not calling me their "nigga". To me that is still a word giving the context of the whole Master/Slave mentality.

Again this is my opinion on this word.

Funny enough you can learn all of this online, but moving along.....

As someone who has had many experience with both "non-racist" and racist ways of this word being used towards myself in situation I would rather not get into on this thread....

Just be the higher person and not use. Fucking congrats. This is simple.

This may be a tough read because I just amazed at this thread and the "seriousness" of it.

Basically, it depends on context FFDK.

Generally, the word Nigger is offensive.

The term Nigga is quite a bit more contextual. 

The difference is, if you are friends with people, probably cool. If you don't know the person, I wouldn't be saying it.

Another example you could make would be the word faggot.

I call people faggots all the time, but I don't mean it in a derogatory term, to me it's more like saying someone is an idiot....

If you use it toward homosexual individuals, then it becomes a derogatory term.

Also fun fact, in the UK, the term faggot refers to a bundle of sticks, also fag is another word for cigarette to them as well.

Here is the thing. NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS.

For some reason in certain parts of black culture, the word "nigga" is a term for a friend. ex. "That's my nigga."  If you ask a person who just uses the word "nigga" freely like that they will always say it doesn't mean the same thing at all. "it's all in the context in which you use it."

Which is what LOPEZ was getting at by telling you to read up on the word.... Context.

"Nigger" is a derogatory term. Simple as that. I would also consider "Nigga" as a derogatory term. If the person is black or not calling me their "nigga". To me that is still a word giving the context of the whole Master/Slave mentality.

Again this is my opinion on this word.

Funny enough you can learn all of this online, but moving along.....

As someone who has had many experience with both "non-racist" and racist ways of this word being used towards myself in situation I would rather not get into on this thread....

Just be the higher person and not use. Fucking congrats. This is simple.

This may be a tough read because I just amazed at this thread and the "seriousness" of it.

I know about slavery in the United States 
and I know some people do not like the word nigger 

but many black people from the U.S. call each other nigger for fun. 

I know I'll kick / ban if people use that word on our server. 

but I try to understand the seriousness of the word that makes many people mad and sad. 

in Denmark were killed 10% of our population because there were Jews 

if people call me the Nazi pigs or hitler lover, I am not mad if some one call me that 

think it has something with which culture we come from

To be honest, even as a white American I don't really get it. The word was used so horribly back in the day, and now black people throw it around like it's a normal swear word. It's like if modern day Jews called each other Schwinehunds as a joke, but I don't know. I'm not trying to offend anybody, I just don't get why it is used so much.

But it is really just like the word faggot, but a little more intense. I would say that most people are not extremely offended by the word (at least online), but to keep things friendly  and safe the rule is in place.

Edited by Hardboiled Hobo

My biggest problem is that you blame where you live for your lack of education of this topic.

That is what bothers me. Why can't you just say, "That guy is from Africa"? Why must you just say, "That guy is a nigger"?

It just seems...... dumb.

I do not use the word nigger in my country. but the word nigger connect you with someone from Africa. it should be appreciated that one does not see the word 
  as something neggativt

Here is the thing....

People will use whatever word they want to use. I can't stop it. You can not stop it. No one can. It is just the nature of the thing.

It has lost a lot of its context throughout the years and has just become this thing that just happens now. Everyone says it. Just like everyone's example with words like faggot, bitch, cunt, dyke, chink, sand nigger, spic, and whatever else you can come up with....

It will never go away. People will say them just like cruse words. To provide attention on whatever statement they are making or just shock value.

My point of view. I don't like saying it. You will catch me saying it on EXTREMELY RARE occasions. I hate the word but we all say it.

ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW. The background of the word. The context in which you use the word. The people you use it around.

I don't see how this is hard to understand. International or not...

Here is the thing....

People will use whatever word they want to use. I can't stop it. You can not stop it. No one can. It is just the nature of the thing.

It has lost a lot of its context throughout the years and has just become this thing that just happens now. Everyone says it. Just like everyone's example with words like faggot, bitch, cunt, dyke, chink, sand nigger, spic, and whatever else you can come up with....

It will never go away. People will say them just like cruse words. To provide attention on whatever statement they are making or just shock value.

My point of view. I don't like saying it. You will catch me saying it on EXTREMELY RARE occasions. I hate the word but we all say it.

ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW. The background of the word. The context in which you use the word. The people you use it around.

I don't see how this is hard to understand. International or not...

I often see people use that word, and even from black people, and in music videos 

I should be mad because there are hitler skin on our servers? 

hitler killed some of my family in wold war 2 

20% of Denmark is German owned today and part of germany 
People have called me hitler lover, but I will not be mad about this 

again I think this is what culture you are from 

just trying to put myself in it because I'm confused about it

<15:31:27> "Freefree": some people say the n word to take the power away from it or to make it theirs, some people just say nigga cause they ignant ass friends said it and think its a term of endearment and just continue the circle of ignorance
<15:31:48> "Freefree": plus its cool
<15:31:50> "Freefree": to say nigga
<15:31:53> "Freefree": na im saying

also why post something like this in the pub

Edited by Freekiller #3