Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Oh man I liked him in Catching Fire. Yeah there was a source saying that he was doing rehab for drug abuse.

RIP

Edited by Groov

Oh man I liked him in Catching Fire. Yeah there was a source saying that he was doing rehab for drug abuse.

RIP

Yep, he's been in and out of it since his 20's.

That's from two days ago. The news out right now came this morning and it's reported that he was found with a needle still in his arm. Law enforcement is reporting this, not a facebook page.

UPDATE 02/02/2014 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

UPDATE 02/02/2014 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

Sigh

At about 11 a.m. ET on Friday (January 31, 2014), our beloved actor Philip Seymour Hoffman passed away. Philip Seymour Hoffman was born on July 23, 1967 in Fairport. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking

On Saturday (February 01) the actor's reps officially confirmed that Philip Seymour Hoffman is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

Now, pay attention to the dates.

Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday of a possible heroin overdose in his Manhattan apartment, a police source said.

Police said they were investigating a death at the actor’s home on Bethune St. They were alerted to the death around 11:15 a.m.

A source said Hoffman was found alone with a needle in his arm in the bathroom of his apartment. Sources said the actor used heroin.

was It taken down? or is it just not working for me 

It's currently taken down. I'd imagine they're waiting until confirmation to put it back up, being that they apparently broke the story first and with how fast it's spread(CNN, MSNBC, Post, etc).

Still developing, so anything can happen.

Edit: CNN finally put something forward other than a headline.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/02/showbiz/philip-seymour-hoffman-obit/index.html

Edited by Oreo

Hunger games was left with a cliff hanger, what the fuck are they going to do now since he JUST switched sides to her side. They can get another actor but it just wont be the same

Hunger games was left with a cliff hanger, what the fuck are they going to do now since he JUST switched sides to her side. They can get another actor but it just wont be the same

<br />They already filmed the first part of mocking jay. Its going through post production. I would worry about the 2nd part

<br />They already filmed the first part of mocking jay. Its going through post production. I would worry about the 2nd part

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114334

UPDATE: ComingSoon.net has learned that Hoffman's work as Plutarch Heavensbee was substantially complete on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 and he had seven days remaining to shoot on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2. His death will not affect the films' release dates of November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114334

UPDATE: ComingSoon.net has learned that Hoffman's work as Plutarch Heavensbee was substantially complete on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 and he had seven days remaining to shoot on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2. His death will not affect the films' release dates of November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015.

I'm glad it didn't affect the movie but it's sad to see him die :(.

you're actually a pretty shitty person

Celebrity culture is what's shitty, this is a person you knew nothing about that despite being ahead in life chose to abuse drugs. I get it, it sucks that he died but really people trying to mourn this man like he was some kind of public idol is stupid.

/> />

you're actually a pretty shitty person

Why? Because I don't cry over a dead celebrity?

Anyone who has had a personal experience or even the family of an addict will agree, as tragic as it is, its not remorseful.

He has money, luxury, and the ability to rehab himself. He instead choose the path he did. Just because he's a celebrity everyone cries, but every other drug overdose is just "another piece of shit junkie"

So I see him as everyone sees all other drug overdoses "a fucking junkie"

Edited by Detective Nom Noms

Why? Because I don't cry over a dead celebrity?

Anyone who has had a personal experience or even the family of an addict will agree, as tragic as it is, its not remorseful.

He has money, luxury, and the ability to rehab himself. He instead choose the path he did. Just because he's a celebrity everyone cries, but every other drug overdose is just "another piece of shit junkie"

So I see him as everyone sees all other drug overdoses "a fucking junkie"

Meant to hit quote and not edit....

The thing is no one is crying over him. You come off like a know-it-all type of idiot the way you type that.

I think it sucks that he has died but not for him being a celebrity, but losing a damn good actor. I would have loved to see the other movies he had lined up to star in and direct in.

Believe it or not his story is the same as many others who had a rough childhood and did what they could to seek help for whatever addiction interfered with their life. I'm not defending his use of drugs or anything like that but what you said is extremely idiotic and disrespectful to anyone, anywhere who is fighting to make themselves better in life.

Honestly you sound like a privileged little brat.

I wanted to find a way to type this and not sound like I am defending a celebrity for drug overdose or whatever so you can respond saying I'm some person that follows celebrity lives and cries over whatever happens in the news about them or whatever. But really I want to see you pull out some academy awards with that attitude. 

Edited by Detective Nom Noms