Sign in to follow this  
centran

Gnat 2.0 - The deadly gnat!

It pains me to introduce gnat 2.0!

The gnat has been modified so it can get kills upon suggestion from a few of you.

The chance to disarm a pistol has been decreased. Once a victim is fully disarmed and down to the knife you have a slight chance to bash. Once a victim is bashed the gnat can do 30% of normal damage to them! wow! Doesn't seem like much but this might make the gnat too OP but some wanted a way for gnats to get kills so here it is.

For you gnat haters this is going to make you hate the gnat even more. For those that didn't want to play the gnat because it can't get kills well then this change was for you.

/>

Guess it's time to stop playing on this shit server.

And nothing of value was lost... Why don't you offer some creative criticism instead of just bitching and saying something should be removed.

Gnat 2.0 was the direct result of peoples idea to improve the race. I didn't think it was needed but was up to try something different based on the communities input since it is such a controversial race.

Seems like you reverted Gnat to it's original form, 1 dmg and no bash

i got completely addicted to play gnat, im lvl 51 already and i hope there is an expertise ahead :)

i gotta admit that 5 seconds bash is too OP, maybe lowering it to 2-3 seconds would be acceptable

also, what exactly pester is supposed to do?

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

Come on! It wasn't that bad... it was only 4 seconds. NightElfs entangling roots is 3 seconds. AND! That is a 100%. For the gnat you had to disarm their primary, disarm their secondary, and then it was still a random chance once they where down to their knife. Couple this with the fact that you only did increased damage once a target was bashed I didn't feel it was too bad. Up against a bot it was hard to get a kill with that much.

I admit the numbers could have used some tweaking but before I was able to play with it live the change was reverted. I can talk with who reverted the changes and see if we want to try a killer gnat version again but I wasn't too enthused to change the gnat to begin with so idk.

For those that where able to try it  out during it's brief stint what did you think?

If you guys want us to give it an honest try again then let us know. Otherwise I am surely not going to push for it. The change was made because of some of your opinions.

Edited by centran

bash seems to have been removed on purpose and gnat reverted to how it used to be.

err well I edited gnat and deadly decoy to fix a bug with hand of god but decided to just rework hand of god to make it work but either way I first edited the two races and stuck them into the server... the fact that they were reverted probably has to do with that they weren't pushed onto the repository and so I didn't have the updated version

edit: also knowing it was given a 4 second bash is even more terrifying especially if the enemy is holding a knife or is a knife race because that just makes it more ridiculous... on top of screen shake and all that crap going on you're going to be bashed too, might as well just quit while you're ahead.

Come on! It wasn't that bad... it was only 4 seconds. NightElfs entangling roots is 3 seconds. AND! That is a 100%. For the gnat you had to disarm their primary, disarm their secondary, and then it was still a random chance once they where down to their knife. Couple this with the fact that you only did increased damage once a target was bashed I didn't feel it was too bad. Up against a bot it was hard to get a kill with that much.

I admit the numbers could have used some tweaking but before I was able to play with it live the change was reverted. I can talk with who reverted the changes and see if we want to try a killer gnat version again but I wasn't too enthused to change the gnat to begin with so idk.

For those that where able to try it  out during it's brief stint what did you think?

If you guys want us to give it an honest try again then let us know. Otherwise I am surely not going to push for it. The change was made because of some of your opinions.

Can you stop trying to defend your awful race for one second and just listen to the community that isn't retarded? The gnat has 80% extra attack speed, 55% chance to disarm (which, btw, is not hard to proc when you have 180% attack speed while left clicking), idk how much evasion, 200% ms, and 200 hp with like a stupid amount of invis (easily one of the best bonuses in this mode). Do you know how hard it is to hit, let alone see, that thing and how easy it is for him to disarm you while running circles around your ass? And you're bashed for 4 seconds with only a knife, but when an NE entangles you, you can still shoot at them. Canadian was doing work this morning with that stupid buff. Even if he didn't get kills with it (which he did), he sure as hell guaranteed a kill with 1 teammate nearby and a dude bashed for 4 seconds with no guns.

Like I said before, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the server and the hard work you put into coding your races. However, I do not appreciate when said enthusiasm and hard work leads to poor execution and causing players to have a negative experience on our server. This race (and especially the dumb bash) is the literal definition of griefing.

I apologize if I come off as an asshole, but I couldn't think of any way to phrase my thoughts in a nicer manner.

Edited by Jiyeon

Idd a race made just to piss ppl off doesn't really seem like a "wcs1" race which used to be the more competitive and balanced of the servers. On the other hand it's war3 now.... But shit seems retarded still :/

i second jiyeon's thoughts. centran's tone in that post seems to be trolling, and thus far a bunch of his "releases" have basically fucked with game balance ridiculously.

please be more conscious of balance when releasing your content, otherwise, don't release it at all.

well lowering bash to 3 seconds would be ok, and reducing the dmg during bash would be fine (like 3 dmg instead of 1)

i played GNAT a lot and still with the bash it was kinda hard to kill somebody, if the team is tight knit you dotn stand a chance, your only way is to go after lone players to finish them as gnat when the Bash was in effect.

Edited by Kwijibo