Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

Trying to pick out a new GPU

I am trying to pick out a new GPU to replace my GTX 550 Ti. My budget is UP TO $300. I definitely want to stick with NVIDIA. I was thinking a GTX 760. Does a 670 Ti score higher? What about the 770? The 780 is out of my budget range unfortunately lol. Or are there any other cards I should consider? Also, EVGA or another?

I'd go evga. I still have sli'ed 570s from evga that work great. I've thought about updating but I really have no reason to. Other then that I would assume 770 but haven't really been paying attention to the PC scene lately.

Evga sits about 20-30 dollars higher than most other versions of the card, unless you go with the Bare version (no cables or accessories with the card). What are you trying to power? One or 2  (1080p I assume?) monitors for gaming and whatnot? I only ask because at 1440+ you need more Vram to make it run well.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=8

I'd start there when shopping but a lot of it went out of stock already.

Edited by Wintergreen

770 IF you can find it within your range. I am running a 760 and it runs smooth, no fps issues(other than csgo being shitty memory leak). Most other games are fine, provided the game isn't terribly optimized.

Evga sits about 20-30 dollars higher than most other versions of the card, unless you go with the Bare version (no cables or accessories with the card). What are you trying to power? One or 2  (1080p I assume?) monitors for gaming and whatnot? I only ask because at 1440+ you need more Vram to make it run well.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=8

I'd start there when shopping but a lot of it went out of stock already.

How did I not see this site? I paid much more for my 780, this is so much cheaper.

EVGA for sure.  I have only had an issue once, and it was after a couple years (just before the warranty expired).  The fan started making noise, and then died.  They RMA'ed it (a gtx 295), and because it was discontinued, gave me a gtx 480, at no charge.

EVGA is worth the extra couple dollars, IMO.

As far as the card goes, just look at benchmarks.

EVGA for sure.  I have only had an issue once, and it was after a couple years (just before the warranty expired).  The fan started making noise, and then died.  They RMA'ed it (a gtx 295), and because it was discontinued, gave me a gtx 480, at no charge.

EVGA is worth the extra couple dollars, IMO.

As far as the card goes, just look at benchmarks.

Will confirm: my 760 came basically DOA(ask anyone that was in teamspeak with me during those times.. i was pretty mad about it). Sent RMA in, got it back + small goodies(poster+misc things) within short period. Have to say, definitively better service than I've had before.

Alright Klark here's what we're doing. I want you to take your 300$ and buy that knife you wanted, then go into Micro-center with a laptop and show them your knife. They will nerdgasm so hard they'll stop paying attention, and the security cameras will be too busy looking at your gorgeous knife to see everything, so you take 4 titans and there you go. 4 titans for 300$ 

Alright Klark here's what we're doing. I want you to take your 300$ and buy that knife you wanted, then go into Micro-center with a laptop and show them your knife. They will nerdgasm so hard they'll stop paying attention, and the security cameras will be too busy looking at your gorgeous knife to see everything, so you take 4 titans and there you go. 4 titans for 300$

<br /><br />Rofl. That bayonett omg

I am trying to pick out a new GPU to replace my GTX 550 Ti. My budget is UP TO $300. I definitely want to stick with NVIDIA. I was thinking a GTX 760. Does a 670 Ti score higher? What about the 770? The 780 is out of my budget range unfortunately lol. Or are there any other cards I should consider? Also, EVGA or another?

i use a 680 gtx 4gb and i run all games bf4 bf3 everything on Ultra

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=evga+gtx+760

What's the difference between all these options? Besides memory. Would 2gb be enough? I just use 2 monitors and BF4 is the most graphic intensive game I have at the moment. But I also want to be prepared for future games as well. I'm planning on ordering a card tomorrow from Amazon once I figure out what I want.

770 is around $300, maybe slightly over. That's the best in your budget

What he said.. Got the 770 during BF and I'm very pleased. BF4 on ultra with no framerate issues.. I paid ~230 but a colleague just got the same card under 300 a few weeks back.