Sign in to follow this  
Name

I'm so alone :(

I played Rift for about 10 hours recently, after realizing that there is almost no customization I gave up on it. Each class and tree is so similar to one another but replaces one element with another (replace death damage with fire damage) and with such minor changes in how the game works makes it not fun for those who like to theorycraft special unique ideas and builds... the game itself is pretty fun as far as an MMORPG goes don't get me wrong but I'm just really turned off by the limitations within the builds themselves.

I played Rift for about 10 hours recently, after realizing that there is almost no customization I gave up on it. Each class and tree is so similar to one another but replaces one element with another (replace death damage with fire damage) and with such minor changes in how the game works makes it not fun for those who like to theorycraft special unique ideas and builds... the game itself is pretty fun as far as an MMORPG goes don't get me wrong but I'm just really turned off by the limitations within the builds themselves.

You can't be further from the truth. I don't know which souls in particular you're referring to, but if I had to guess, I'd say you're talking about Pyromancer and Necromancer in the mage souls. I'd like to point out that these are both damage souls, sure, but the abilities past level 10 cannot be considered the same abilities. In addition, Necromancer is a pet-based soul. The fact that I as a Rogue have 4 different talent trees assigned to doing different things and I want to get two more because there are roles and slots I can't fill yet means Rift, if anything, has more customization than any other MMO out there.

To say Rift has no customization when you've played the game to -maybe- level 25 is ridiculous. There are several valid criticisms of Rift, primarily the fact that it is in essence a World of Warcraft clone, but it does everything so much better than World of Warcraft that I'd never think about going back to that game after playing Rift. The content is absolutely harder, and very few guilds have cleared all of the current content. In addition, Rift is probably the most Free-To-Play MMO there is - You really do get almost everything the game has to offer - the only thing you don't get is the 4 expansion souls, which I'll add are NOT considered the best or overpowered, and can be unlocked with in-game currency.

Customization is Rift's greatest strength. If you disagree, you haven't given the game its due course to allow you to customize.

/>

but you can fish.

yo im actually down for this.

I've been playing on a really good private server which has the old minigames like Soul Wars and Castle Wars. When the original game went to Runescape3 it got really shit and literally split the population in half.

I've got a maxed account level 200 combat and I sold everything on it for a RS Oldschool account. 

YOOOO. I used to run a huge rsps with friends from school. Err maybe not huge, but peak pop. Was 375 people on at one time, it was xlitersps, its gone now. There currently coding a RS3 Private server, and have a lot of the content done last time I checked. Oh and they made $45k in one summer, made bank.

Edited by Xlite

YOOOO. I used to run a huge rsps with friends from school. Err maybe not huge, but peak pop. Was 375 people on at one time, it was xlitersps, its gone now. There currently coding a RS3 Private server, and have a lot of the content done last time I checked. Oh and they made $45k in one summer, made bank.

I have a sneaky feeling I remember that name, don't quote me on it, just an inkling! I'd loved to of hosted one, just never managed to find the time for it. I hosted a private WoW server for a little while but really couldn't be fucked keeping it up...

I used to play Runescape in 2004

Cool story bro!!! :P 

Mabinogi was by far my favorite Online MMO

The only good MMO that ever came out of Nexon would have to be Vindictus only because of the boob physics.