Sign in to follow this  
Name

Deadly decoy is retarded

To hell with tweaking numbers. The race's concept guarantees kills, promotes blindly running into a situation just to make sure you pull a 1:1 KD and gain experience. Honestly, it comes off as nothing but a troll race. Centran, I love you, but

WHAT. THE ACTUAL. FUCK.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3299186391257753875/F21A03B38C27BE97D96C618A7CAA1F1E6CAE6F00/

Edited by Moflstomp.mp3

This one might need some more work(tweaking) and will be more highly debated then the gnat. This might be a race to table and consider for a subscriber race.

i would like to see some more play experience and peoples thoughts. I fear that to counter this race requires too much thought, planning, and teamwork... not to insult our playbase but some things that are not going to happen. Right now the only 1v1 counter is a race with high HP and doing leg shots. If you don't know already a leg shot will have a 50/50 chance of not causing a refletive attack.

For those that don't know about this race check out the race thread and I will be posting it in a couple of minutes.

yea i dont think this race is needed. it takes away from other races that have suicide features, and all it does is add an unnecessary gimmick of guaranteed-kill-for-death.

i think gnat is a good idea and has its place as a unique support race, but i dont dig this one.

Edited by Vexium

Due to the inital release and the bad taste it left in people mouth I don't feel people will give the updated release a chance it deserves.

Also there is too much rage and hardons going on about gnat that to have two controversial on at the same time is a bad idea. If I have learned one thing in my life it is that people dislike change. So trying to do too much at once is not good.

We will revist this again in the future but right now the race has been pulled.

to be clear, centran: i really appreciate that you are trying to make new races. that is totally commendable. but gnat -is- controversial enough already to warrant a certain patience with whatever your next release will be.

i totally support your idea behind gnat, for what its worth. i dont think you are completely oriented with the content currently available, however, considering your ideas behind deadly decoy. certainly it could be revisited later on.

might i recommend, though, that you could browse through all the current races available, not to mention all the suggested ideas, too?

thanks again for your effort on our behalf. i personally really am happy that someone is out there working for the better of the server.

to be clear, centran: i really appreciate that you are trying to make new races. that is totally commendable. but gnat -is- controversial enough already to warrant a certain patience with whatever your next release will be.

i totally support your idea behind gnat, for what its worth. i dont think you are completely oriented with the content currently available, however, considering your ideas behind deadly decoy. certainly it could be revisited later on.

might i recommend, though, that you could browse through all the current races available, not to mention all the suggested ideas, too?

thanks again for your effort on our behalf. i personally really am happy that someone is out there working for the better of the server.

QFT

GAH SO ANGRY TIME SPENT LEVELING THIS RACE

haha not so much but a suggestion is make it so that the thorn mail happens when you activate it, and once it activates have start to drain the decoy's health.

Due to the inital release and the bad taste it left in people mouth I don't feel people will give the updated release a chance it deserves.

Also there is too much rage and hardons going on about gnat that to have two controversial on at the same time is a bad idea. If I have learned one thing in my life it is that people dislike change. So trying to do too much at once is not good.

We will revist this again in the future but right now the race has been pulled.

Dude you know that isn't true at all, everybody loves new races on the WCS server, unfortunately the last two weren't as good as the rest...stop getting insulted, because everybody loves your work and respects you for doing it. 

Everybody is entitled to a couple of bad ideas, hell, when Fox.Bios used to code the WCS server it was bloody awful and every race was OP...

Dude you know that isn't true at all, everybody loves new races on the WCS server, unfortunately the last two weren't as good as the rest...stop getting insulted, because everybody loves your work and respects you for doing it. 

Everybody is entitled to a couple of bad ideas, hell, when Fox.Bios used to code the WCS server it was bloody awful and every race was OP...

my worst idea: elemental's ult... wtf does it even do man?

(or "you take the point" for that matter ;-) )

my worst idea: elemental's ult... wtf does it even do man?

(or "you take the point" for that matter ;-) )

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

I wish I could give you more than 1 +rep for that post! 

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

I wish I could give you more than 1 +rep for that post! 

Do you even play?!

Also, thank you centran. The race was different sure but it was a race and we appreciate your work. <3

Edited by Wintergreen

Do you even play?!

Also, thank you centran. The race was different sure but it was a race and we appreciate your work. <3

Not nearly as much as I'd like to. 

Thank you. It was different and that is why it was modified to be a bit more normal. Now it is a race that does 50% reduced damage. Why the recuced damage? Because it has reflective damage that is slightly greater then other races. The counter to the reflective damage? Have high HP, don't get head shots, and shoot for the legs if you see a deadly decoy. Leg shots have a 50./50 chance to not reflect damage.

However, to make sure you can still use the deadly decoy as orginaly inteaded the ultimate has been changed from healing to transforming the deadly decoy into what it was orginanly meant to be.... You do 5% damage, have high reflective damage, and the suicide damage is greatly increased. I will also want to add this sound clip of Morpheus saying, "come on! stop trying to hit me and hit me!" to egg people on to shoot him.

The deadly decoy will also become fully black to indicate he is in deadly mode. So do you shoot him or not? The 50/50 chance not to reflect leg shots is still there so that is an option. However if he is close to you the suicide damage is sure to take you out. What do you do? Most people will contiune to shoot. And not just shoot but get headshot that reflect a stupid amount of damage. Then if they don't die from the reflective damage will surely be taken out by the suicide damage. Then they will be pissed off, miss the point of this race, message coolness, come to the forums, and complain.

Like I said before. It was introduced with bugs which people still to this day meantion "it was buggy" when you talk about the deadly decoy despite the bugs being fixed. The next thing they complain about was that it was OP. The numbers where toned down. However, people still complained becuase as it was a "skilless" race. People again missing the point of the race as it was not intended to get kills but break up grouping at bottlenecks and serve as a distraction for the rest of the team to rush in. So the race design was re-thought out to its current state. You can now sit back and still get kills with your 50% reduced damage or activate your ultimate and screw over those bottlenecks like intended.

The problem is I need some players to actually test this race with which means it needs to be live. I can't think of everything and 1 person or a bot can't help fully adjust the numbers to make it fair. For examble one thing I failed to realize until I play tested the race is you can actiavate the ultimate right before you die and thus making this race like a jihad race. To correct this I added a timed delay to the ultimate. So now you have "arm" it before hand. This was the last change made before it was pulled. After which I was getting my normal crappy stats when playing it. I however need good players to play test it to make sure you can't whore the race too badly. However, with the 50% reduced damage I am not sure good players will want to play this race as they prefer high HP and damage dealers.

We will see. It will make a come back in a week or two after people have had time to settle down from the initial bad release of this race. When it comes back I just ask that people give it a chance and instead of bitching about getting blown up or killed from reflective damage when your stupid ass did a headshot on it that you actually switch to the race and try it out yourself. But, that is probably too much to ask. Actually playing a new race before complaining! hell no, it done blowed me up so I don't like it.

The counter to the reflective damage? Have high HP, don't get head shots, and shoot for the legs if you see a deadly decoy. Leg shots have a 50./50 chance to not reflect damage.

• Many races are restricted to 100 hp, being forced to lose even the minimum of 30 just to kill someone is definitely not fair.
  • A hurrdurr kill me race is a terrible concept, to be frank. The way I see it, this race is aimed at people who aren't very good at this game.
  • Deadly decoys don't look any different from any other race, unlike zombie or thor. How the hell are we to tell someone's a deadly decoy before headshooting them the split second after we see them? By the time we realize we've taken 50-100 mirror dmg because we headshot the guy 3 times, we're already dead.
  • Why are we focusing on bad skill play? Good skill play is landing a headshot and we're punishing doing that.

We love you for coding new races centran, but deadly decoy is definitely not a race fit for wcs1. (And that's okay! Can we move on and leave it behind/get onto newer races?)