Sign in to follow this  
Piero

#bringtower2014

K I'll fix it this weekend. Any other bugs while I'm at it?

I never noticed any bugs back when it was still playable on the server. Loading the map up locally gives me an error in the console about the model precache being full. I went of my way to decompile it and rummage through with it with Hammer. If you delete all the models, the map loads up fine. But no matter what I do, it seems like the map crashes to the main menu if it has even a single model in it and I have no clue why.

You could send me a PM with the VMF. I don't see much room for expansion or anything like that, but it might help with fixing this model precache error.

I wish I knew how to fix it myself. When I was trying to fix it a month ago, I figured it has something to do with the error message the console gives when you try to load up the map. Which is, "Warning:  Table modelprecache is full, can't add sprites/radio.vmt". I deleted the model the error was referring to and try to load it up. I get the error message in the console, but this time it's referring to a different model. At this point, I decided deleted all of the model entities on the map and then load it up. Unfortunately, this worked. It's unfortunate because for some reason, the map will always crash if it has a single model entity in it. I couldn't find anything out of place or bizarre that would cause a map to be unreceptive to even a single model entity either...

I have no idea how to fix this and googling the error message doesn't lead to solutions either, let alone tell me what's actually causing the error in the first place.

-Stumbled across a thread where people said it might be caused because the game is trying to load too many models at once on map spawn... And people suggested adding area portals to the spawn area to isolate it from the rest of the map... And reduce props and detail from the spawn area..

-Other map where that thing happened was a breakfloor map and they fixed it by reducing the number of func_breakables...

But I really don't know if drug had put any area portals on his map so I wouldn't know

Edited by xmen

-Stumbled across a thread where people said it might be caused because the game is trying to load too many models at once on map spawn... And people suggested adding area portals to the spawn area to isolate it from the rest of the map... And reduce props and detail from the spawn area..

-Other map where that thing happened was a breakfloor map and they fixed it by reducing the number of func_breakables...

But I really don't know if drug had put any area portals on his map so I wouldn't know

That would make sense actually.

JFK try adding hint brush to cells and armory of the map.

Good video on optimizing: 

Edited by Sakata

jb_tower_b6     To Download press Koopa

Got rid of one of the draw boards to resolve the model issue (reduced the number of func_breakables).

Tidied up some texture detail.

To test extract the bsp file to your the maps folder in your csgo directory.

All the custom related content should be packed in so let me know if something is missing.

Damn, the cause of the error was that simple?

Anyways I just got through with testing Waffle's fixed version locally. Everything seems to be working perfectly as far as I can tell. Thanks for putting in the time to fix the map Waffles.