Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

HOLY CRAP WE ARE LAUNCHING OUR VIDEO GAME KICKSTARTER, PLEASE DONATE AND I WILL LOVE YOU FIVE EVER!

1504322_655285471176677_243886333_o.jpg

YUP TITLE SAYS IT ALL, THE GAME MY FRIENDS AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON JUST LAUNCHED A KICKSTARTER! PLEASE DONATE IF YOU CAN AND IF YOU CAN'T SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND SEE IF THEY WANNA DONATE!!!!! I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT! THANKS GUY!

As the game develops I'll try and keep you guys up to date as much as possible! I hope you guys can help!

[insert cookie cutter message here]

Hello sG,

I’m incredibly excited to let you know that the project I’ve been working with Mojo Game Studios, Cradle, is entering a new phase of development. In order to help realize our dream, we are using Kickstarter to raise the funds we will need. Anything you can contribute is going to help make my hard work, along with that of everybody else on the team, bring a real video game to market. Even if you can’t make any monetary donations, helping to spread the word is one of the best things you can do. Please let as many people you can know about this kickstarter campaign and you will help a dream come true.

Yours truly,
Illogical 

[/end cookie cutter message]

Again, if you can't donate and still want to help, spread the link around! We appreciate all the help we can get!

also here the original thread I made about the game: http://www.joinsg.net/topic/51701-my-friends-video-game/
Edited by Illogical

You are now an official backer of Cradle.

The backer levels kind of confuse me though,  The ~25$ ones could be thought out a bit, you have a lot of redundancy and confusion....

350k to start a game? I know that is expensive to make a game but it seems pretty steep. <br /><br />Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII via Tapatalk 4.<br /><br />

Can I get a link to the kickstarter, I cant seem to find it :P

Holy shit, someone already backed it with $5000.

I guess people really believe in us. :3 I hope all you guys do too. Every dollar counts!

Edited by Illogical

350k to start a game? I know that is expensive to make a game but it seems pretty steep. <br /><br />Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII via Tapatalk 4.<br /><br />

Not really. We are using the crysis engine and thats a fuck ton of funds already. We plan to go above and beyond the 350k! we are gonna need it if we want cradle to be perfect. 

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

Edited by Illogical

The backer levels kind of confuse me though,  The ~25$ ones could be thought out a bit, you have a lot of redundancy and confusion....

Thats what I though too, isnt the second $25 option more desirable than the first since you get 2 beta keys plus everything else? Well ill probably get the $25 so I can share the beta keys with someone or use it in a sG event :P

This actually looks cool.  Wish I could help out.  sG should make a small donation on behalf of the community IMO, maybe buy some beta keys and give them away as a prize later.

I guess you decided not to be an interior designer? :P

hahah yeah. Don't worry, I'll still design a room for you if you want. 

I didn't see your picture on the kickstart page. Pretty disappointed.

In all seriousness though, will probably throw some money their way in a couple of weeks.

Yeah I'm not the core team. Those guys put in wayyyyy more hours than I have. I'm just helping out with production art and spreading the word. 

Very nice looking scenery, what's the main focus of the game? I had to watch without sound as I'm at work. 

I'll push some funds through for this too when I get some money together, bit tight this second. 

Very nice looking scenery, what's the main focus of the game? I had to watch without sound as I'm at work. 

I'll push some funds through for this too when I get some money together, bit tight this second. 

God what aren't we focusing on is the better question haha. We want to bring a story that will suck the player in ( and keep them in and not use shitty tactics like say "how did that get there?"  we won't just say some lameo answer like MAGIC, everything makes sense and feels like it has a reason behind it)  and a combat system that bases its strike off of where you are aimed and not just run down a cycle of animations (aka you're aimed at his right hind, you're gonna swing at his right hand, you aim at his knee, you're gonna go for his knee, you for the neck you're gonna hit the neck and so on). We also want the controls to be a bit more interactive (notice in order to fix your eyesight in the beginning of the video the character shakes his head? You gotta shake your mouse back and forth to do that and it won't just be some automatic animation)  I'm bad at explaining what we are bringing to the table but then again I'm not the guy in charge and doing all the interviews haha. we also answer a lot of stuff in the kickstarter description on what we want to bring to the table and I expect the gang to go into more detail as we do some more interviews in the next couple of weeks. 

God what aren't we focusing on is the better question haha. We want to bring a story that will suck the player in ( and keep them in and not use shitty tactics like say "how did that get there?"  we won't just say some lameo answer like MAGIC, everything makes sense and feels like it has a reason behind it)  and a combat system that bases its strike off of where you are aimed and not just run down a cycle of animations (aka you're aimed at his right hind, you're gonna swing at his right hand, you aim at his knee, you're gonna go for his knee, you for the neck you're gonna hit the neck and so on). We also want the controls to be a bit more interactive (notice in order to fix your eyesight in the beginning of the video the character shakes his head? You gotta shake your mouse back and forth to do that and it won't just be some automatic animation)  I'm bad at explaining what we are bringing to the table but then again I'm not the guy in charge and doing all the interviews haha. we also answer a lot of stuff in the kickstarter description on what we want to bring to the table and I expect the gang to go into more detail as we do some more interviews in the next couple of weeks. 

You explained perfectly mate, I've been looking for a game that has that sort of game play so I'm looking forward to trying this out eventually! I'm jumping to the assumption that it'll have quite high spec requirements? 

Na, I have seen lots of other games that are that high, if not higher.

It can take a hell of a long time to code the engin, let alone the core gameplay, then the model / art design, music, speach.  The list goes on and on.  Because they don't have other games that have brought in income they can work with, they basically have to get enough funds to fund all of them, for the xx years they have been working on this.   This is a full time job, for I'm sure most of them, so keep that in mind too.

If I wasn't sold enough........ somewhat forced immersion, but awesome anyway!

You explained perfectly mate, I've been looking for a game that has that sort of game play so I'm looking forward to trying this out eventually! I'm jumping to the assumption that it'll have quite high spec requirements? 

Kinda. When the game comes out we expect what is called the high standard of games now such as the gtx 780 to be just standard by then (it usually is, people get a new graphics card every couple years or so and expect the average gamer to have something like a 760). Buts if you wanna run it on ultra and what not. I've been told my 760 with 4GBs should be able to run it on high fairly well.