Sign in to follow this  
HoeStomper

DayZ Tournament [Jan. 2014]

zjv4gi.jpg

Prerequisites:

• Be registered on the sG Forums.
  • Have DayZ
  • Not banned during or if time expires while the tournament is taking place.

Signup:
Go to >this thread to sign up for the DayZ tournament. Include your steamid and whether you are interested in being a captain in your post.
*Make sure you are available for the dates Friday, January 17 -to- Sunday, January 19*

Teams:

• Captains Pick will be used to pick teams. Remember if you are interested in being a captain, write in your signup post that you are interested.
  • Teams are comprised of 6 team members for which you can cycle people in and out. No sub system this time, meaning if more than one person doesn't show up you have to play with what you have.
  • Teams will be picked whenever the fuck we want to

Settings:
This will be a traditional PVE / PVP tournament using the same rules that other leagues do. (kill or be killed)

• 1h round time
  • 15 min piss break
  • 128 tick
  • Best out of 2 deaths-- or until you get pissed and quit
  • Side change after 0 rounds
  • In case of a tie-- oh wait there is never a tie when you shoot someone in the face (See below for more details)
  • Matches will be best out of 1 or 3 deaths depending on match. (See bracket for more details **subject to change based on PVP numbers**)
  • Lowest seeded team will choose first map and the other team will pick first side. (How 1 map matches will be picked)
  • Higher seeded team will choose second map and the other team will pick first side.
  • The final map will be determined by both teams(vote) and sides by who won first map.
  • During a tiebreaker teams stay on their previous ending teams.
  • Each team is required to screenshot the final scoreboard after the match ends
  • The winning team will be required to post the final screenshots of all the maps to prove their victory (In the appropriate forum)
  • Teams are required to be on time to their scheduled match. Teams will be allowed to have 15 minutes from the schedule time before they will be forced to forfeit in case of an absent player/s
  • It is the team's responsibility to make sure their fellow members show up to the posted times.
  • Remember you have 6 players who can all play on your team throughout the tournament. If one person doesn't show up cycle in your other teammate.
  • You cannot cycle a player into your match when it is in play. You can however rotate players around before your next map.

Overtime Settings:

• Map is reset after 4 hours.
  • Teams stay on their side they finished the map with.
  • Money is set to 0.
  • Sides are switched never.

All matches will be recorded and are subject to be looked at. Twitch.TV will be available on all servers for people to watch games. (Twitch.TV will be delayed to prevent ghosting.)

Maps:

• Supression_Chernarus

Brackets:

• This tournament will be using a double elimination bracket.
  • If a team wins the placement match they are moved into the upper bracket.
  • If a team in the upper bracket loses a match they are then moved down into the lower bracket. And have no equipment
  • If a team loses in the lower bracket after the placement match they are out of the tournament.
  • A graphic will be put up for display before the tournament to better help teams visualize who they are playing and how to get to the finals.
  • The finals will be the winners of the Upper Bracket versus the bracket under them. or whom ever challenges the DayZ champions

Rules:

• sG's Global Server Guidelines apply.
  • Excessive flaming and trolling. (Keep the shit-talking to a maximum)
  • No exploiting.
  • No intentional griefing of teammates and other players.
  • Sky-walking or wall glitching is not out of the guidelines to win.
  • Boosting is fine unless it is to places where textures/walls are missing in view.
  • No exploiting flashes to boost players.
  • Planting traps in places where they cannot be seen by the other team is acceptable.
  • Grenade bugs are not allowed. because there are no grenades in DayZ (Yet)
  • Using any form of hack, cheat, script, or any other 3rd party program to further aid you and your team is EXTREMELY dangerous and you will be held to the same punishment as a normal VAC Server. (Does not include voice programs such as Teamspeak or Ventrilo)
  • Remember you are playing on VAC servers so all punishments will be global.

Prizes:
Prizes will be awarded based on how many prizes are available with the winning team being the first and so on. Prizes are handed out to teams in order of top performing members to a max of 5 players on each team. This is determined by match performance and games played (aka. influence towards team position).

1. Decked out M4 with 3 60 round clips / a bag full of supplies (food , water. medical)

2. Mosin.91 Long range scope 300 round box of ammo / Bag of supplies

3. M4 with four 30 round clips, backpack of supplies and torture equipment

4. 357 mag.  small bag of beans and some medical supplies

5. FNX .45 with 2 clips and a bag of bullshit

You get the picture.

Edited by HoeStomper

oh shit this is serious? I thought you just copy and pasted the CS:GO tourney but changed a few things.

I'd actually want to join but I dont have DayZ because I'm waiting for it to not be shit.

oh shit this is serious? I thought you just copy and pasted the CS:GO tourney but changed a few things.

I'd actually want to join but I dont have DayZ because I'm waiting for it to not be shit.

I mean I did copy/paste and changed it but its real. Howard had over 13 kills and 3 assists.  Its more of team tournament

incomplete =/= shit

incomplete =/= shit

I've heard complains of hacking, glitching, random d/cing, etc etc etc. 

Alphas are usually pretty shitty but I'll be damned if it's not a perfect game in a year or two.

Edited by Ichalvl

^^

I'm being serious, at its current state, DayZ sucks ass right now. If this were a serious post, I would be laughing my ass off right now at all the people participating in this "tournament".

I'm being serious, at its current state, DayZ sucks ass right now. If this were a serious post, I would be laughing my ass off right now at all the people participating in this "tournament".

Actually it isnt that bad.. OFC there are some bugs thta need to be fixed but its actually very enjoyable at the state it is in.

Wow... is this fucking real or just stupidity?

It is REAL just like the boogieman in your closet

I've heard complains of hacking, glitching, random d/cing, etc etc etc. 

Alphas are usually pretty shitty but I'll be damned if it's not a perfect game in a year or two.

There use to be hacking and glitching but most of it has been fixed with the new patches / Battle Eye that has been put in.

Troll's are trollin mang!

I'd participate if the game ran smoothly, I am looking forward to purchasing it when it's complete. 

Eye'm your boy Hoe but doing a tourny in a beta game is a bit stooopid no?